It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:46 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:50 am
Posts: 1456
Location: Ct.
No derrion, I have to disagree. I am not to be held accountable for the actions of another be they my ancestor or not. To hold someone accountable for another's actions is absurd to say the least.

That being said, you are correct, we do have to right the wrong, and we have been doing it the best that we can. Those here that you are having this discussion with are all striving for the equality of all humanity. This is all that they can do for reparation. If you think their should be more, then I am sorry, with this I would also have to disagree.

On a side note, my family had no slaves, at least not on this continent. Cannot say what happened over in Europe. Still I recognize the wrong that you are talking about, and because it was wrong, I will do my best to bring compensation through the promotion of equality. At the time, slavery was accepted. We have evolved/progressed from that mind set, and we will continue to do so.

Peace out.

_________________
CrimsonEagle
The war to end all wars can only be fought on the front-lines of the mind.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:07 am 
Offline
Hear Me Roar!

Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 289
Location: los angeles
Quote:
No derrion, I have to disagree. I am not to be held accountable for the actions of another be they my ancestor or not. To hold someone accountable for another's actions is absurd to say the least.


Well Crimsom Eagle, It is not so absurd to see those ancestors who have benefited from the actions of another taking it into account.

If you are a white person, then of course this is going to be your reasoning. If I was white I would reason the same way.

America is for white people. I understand that. However at this juncture America has brought the blackman here and now that slavery is over and since it has been over there has really not been a need for black people, but where would black people go, after their chains had been removed and they had no land, no money, no education... no nothing to care for the eleven (11) or 12 million disenfranchised black people in the midst of America.

You think about this, if there had been proper righting of the wrong done right away to black people for the period of chattel slavery for the past 310 years then there would no be this discussion. Since there is none done in the right department we have.

Think about this again, the person who is an ancestor of the benefits of wrong is okay, but the person who is an ancestor of the people where wrong was done to has no rights? Or should I write, they should not be compensated.

And one more thing I am not taking this personal. This is all business to me. I am only here to debate the issue.

_________________
Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:28 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:50 am
Posts: 1456
Location: Ct.
Quote:
If you are a white person, then of course this is going to be your reasoning. If I was white I would reason the same way.

America is for white people. I understand that.


No my friend, you do not understand. You are a racist.

Good luck in your argument here.

Peace out.

_________________
CrimsonEagle
The war to end all wars can only be fought on the front-lines of the mind.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:02 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 11:46 pm
Posts: 14444
Location: NC
Quote:
Or should I write, they should not be compensated.


Derrion, let's suppose for awhile that the states that had enslaved black people suddenly decided that reparations were in order. What do you think those reparations should be? Why do you think that?

Additionally, should reparations be approved by the state governments, would you accept those reparations as your just entitlement?

Catherine

_________________
Image

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:43 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 1955
Location: upstate new york.
Quote:
You think about this, if there had been proper righting of the wrong done right away to black people for the period of chattel slavery for the past 310 years then there would no be this discussion. Since there is none done in the right department we have.


so...what happened to "god helps those who help themselves?"

you statement is absurd....you sound like every black person is entitled to be a CEO or a millionaire and if they are not, then it's the white man holding them back.

give me a break.

and do some real research on slavery...it was the blacks who captured blacks and sold them as slaves to the europeans. so, why not go ask them for "reparations"? to single out just the white man for slavery is absurd.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:06 pm 
Offline
Hear Me Roar!

Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 289
Location: los angeles
CrimsonEagle wrote:
Quote:
If you are a white person, then of course this is going to be your reasoning. If I was white I would reason the same way.

America is for white people. I understand that.


No my friend, you do not understand. You are a racist.

Good luck in your argument here.

Peace out.


Of course I am a racist.

Racist means to be for your own. Everyuthing in nature is for its own.

Red ants stay with ants, black ants stay with black ants. Elephants stay with elephants, gazelle stay with gazelle.

Chinese people are for the Chinese people, Korean people are for the Korean people.

And on top of that all peoples have a God that looks like them.

My being for my own doesn't mean that I go out and kill people for their creeds, beliefs or skin color. When a person does that you call that race hatred.

People want to say when you speak up for your own you area racist as to imply that being racist is a bad thing. That is so far from the truth.

As long as I am speaking up for my own and not talking about harming anyone else, then I am using my first ammendent rights to free speech as the law of the land says you can. Is it not my right to exercise this right?

And I understand your remarks. "good luck in your argument here", because historically black people in America have had not any good luck.

And let me add one more detail to clarify my position on this issue:

I am not asking for anything. I would never ask anybody to give me something who is not willing to do it based on the merit of right. This is only a issue that is being discussed. So pleased don't anybody let it get under their skin, please try and stay rational.

_________________
Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:10 pm 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 1955
Location: upstate new york.
so, based on your stated philosophy, then white people are exempt from looking out for the needs of non-whites?

and, likewise, i should not expect any help or assistance of any kind from blacks?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:21 pm 
Offline
Hear Me Roar!

Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 289
Location: los angeles
Catherine wrote:
Quote:
Or should I write, they should not be compensated.


Derrion, let's suppose for awhile that the states that had enslaved black people suddenly decided that reparations were in order. What do you think those reparations should be? Why do you think that?

Additionally, should reparations be approved by the state governments, would you accept those reparations as your just entitlement?

Catherine


To be honest with you Catherine, at this time and place that does not matter that much to me. The first place is to get the horse to water so to speak.

Why would I submit a way of relief when the party that I am petioning is not even willing to own up to the fact that they owe?

Again, America made a promise of compensating black people and they reneged on that. Or should I say that the people who where in power at the time made a promise and they did not fulfill it. Now, the thinking that America even owes something is so remote if you barely mention it white people get so flustered most of them are ready to enforce the Black Code laws again.

This is just my point of view:

I would never ask you for a place in your house unless you where willing to give it to me.

And one more thing, and I hope by me writing this it does.t take us off onto another tanjent:

No people in history have suffered more from the horrors of slavery than did black people in America for the three hundred ten (310) years of chattel slavery that was imposed upon them.

And one more thing again, people want to use this as their arguing point:

Blacks owned slaves too.

And my answer to that is that ALL who benefited from the slave trade should be held accountable. I bar none.

_________________
Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:23 pm 
Offline
Hear Me Roar!

Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 289
Location: los angeles
mga wrote:
Quote:
You think about this, if there had been proper righting of the wrong done right away to black people for the period of chattel slavery for the past 310 years then there would no be this discussion. Since there is none done in the right department we have.


so...what happened to "god helps those who help themselves?"

you statement is absurd....you sound like every black person is entitled to be a CEO or a millionaire and if they are not, then it's the white man holding them back.

give me a break.

and do some real research on slavery...it was the blacks who captured blacks and sold them as slaves to the europeans. so, why not go ask them for "reparations"? to single out just the white man for slavery is absurd.


I don't think that you are capable of being in this discussion.

_________________
Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:30 pm 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 1955
Location: upstate new york.
Quote:
I don't think that you are capable of being in this discussion.


i see....so, when someone challenges your statements, then your only recourse is to tell them they aren't capable of being in the discussion.

it's obvious you don't like to be challenged on your beliefs because evidently people can easily shoot holes in them.

no problem, i'm learning more about you every day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:35 pm 
Offline
Hear Me Roar!

Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 289
Location: los angeles
mga wrote:
so, based on your stated philosophy, then white people are exempt from looking out for the needs of non-whites?

and, likewise, i should not expect any help or assistance of any kind from blacks?


I must reply.

Where in my premise did you interpret that?.

Please quote the sentence or paragraph where I indicate that.

_________________
Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:03 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:45 am
Posts: 804
Location: Red State
derrion wrote:
mga wrote:
so, based on your stated philosophy, then white people are exempt from looking out for the needs of non-whites?

and, likewise, i should not expect any help or assistance of any kind from blacks?


I must reply.

Where in my premise did you interpret that?.

Please quote the sentence or paragraph where I indicate that.


You dont answer a question with a question. Answer his question. Typical rightwing tacticts, spin it around.

Quote:
Racist means to be for your own. Everyuthing in nature is for its own.

Red ants stay with ants, black ants stay with black ants. Elephants stay with elephants, gazelle stay with gazelle.

Chinese people are for the Chinese people, Korean people are for the Korean people.


You clearly stated it right there.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think that you are capable of being in this discussion.


i see....so, when someone challenges your statements, then your only recourse is to tell them they aren't capable of being in the discussion.

it's obvious you don't like to be challenged on your beliefs because evidently people can easily shoot holes in them.

no problem, i'm learning more about you every day.


You're right M

_________________
"All men are created equal until you become a liberal" - Rush Limbaugh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:29 am 
Offline
Hear Me Roar!

Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:06 am
Posts: 289
Location: los angeles
justinmoon22:

How many good ideas do you have a year? Two and a half maybe.

You bought this.

_________________
Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:52 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:45 am
Posts: 804
Location: Red State
derrion wrote:
justinmoon22:

How many good ideas do you have a year? Two and a half maybe.

You bought this.


Geee i must have. lemme guess, im not allowed in this discussion either huh? guess im not on your level of intellect. Yeah you're off a little on your assumption. I have 3 a year. you on the other hand have had none to me. everything ive seen you write has been discounted, but you wouldnt see that. you are one of those ppl who think they are right no matter what. you actually believe yourself. everything you say you believe it. you sound just like the president.

_________________
"All men are created equal until you become a liberal" - Rush Limbaugh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:00 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 11:46 pm
Posts: 14444
Location: NC
I am recommending to the moderators of CHIT-CHAT that this thread be moved to the AMERICAN HISTORY forum, where the discussion can be more appropriately continued.

Until the mods get a chance to do that, the thread is locked.

Catherine

_________________
Image

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group