It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the holy Qur'an
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

lol...i was at a web site and they were talking about iraq and the war. one pro-war poster replied and added this to his reply:

Koran (9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

now, that was a nice patriotic christian right wing interpretation of the qur'an, but it's far from what the actual book says. he also made mention of the chapter and verse numbers (9-11) sheesh....

so, i thought it only befitting that i post a link to every chapter of the quran so that it can be referenced by anyone...the link is here:

http://etext.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/pu ... lKora.html

and, by the way...chapter 9, verse 11 states this:

"9.11": But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

lol...a far cry from what some people claim it to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The winger's post is more like the writings of Nostradamus than anything else. :lol:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:33 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

The ninth (9th) Surah or chapter of the Holy Qur-an is a chapter entirely directed towards the hypocrites or a "Immunity" from the hypocrites.

If one were to notice that the ninth chapter is the only chapter in the Holy Qur-an that not begin with: "In the name of Allah" or in Arabic "Bismiallah"

Which is why in that ayat or verse that you (mga) quoted it uses the word "BUT" meaning that if the hypocrites do such and such, certain actions by them will be tolerated.

Just a "leetle", For Your Information

Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

ok...thanks, derrion...but, at least i wasn't as far off as the guy in my original post...lol "flying eagles"..... :roll:

i just wish if people are going to quote the bible or the qur'an they'd do it correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:22 am 
Hear Me Roar!

mga wrote:
ok...thanks, derrion...but, at least i wasn't as far off as the guy in my original post...lol "flying eagles"..... :roll:

i just wish if people are going to quote the bible or the qur'an they'd do it correctly.

I didn't even go to the Holy Qur-an to see if your quote of the verse was correct. I just assumed so, because of the wording and I know what that chapter deals with.

fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

gees...and here i thought you guys were supposed to have it memorized.

thank god....oops...i mean thank allah for the internet...right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:00 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Allah means All in All.

So, I do thank Him... that's right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:08 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Most intelligent white people have a Holy Qur-an in their home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:17 am 

derrion, are you a muslim?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:20 am 
Hear Me Roar!

rooster wrote:
derrion, are you a muslim?

Yes sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:07 pm 

why are you a muslim?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:45 pm 

rooster wrote:
why are you a muslim?

I am a white, Muslim Londoner. I have been Muslim for 2.5 years. My parents are Christian and Catholic.

I became Muslim because it made sense to me basically. I wasn't a religious person in any way shape or form. Then one day - god know's why - I decided I wanted to know about Christianity and all of the other religions. I passionately read, watched and absorbed all I could from all faith's. Eventually I was drawn to Islam and the Qur'an. I read only half of the Qur'an and new it was for me. The whole structure of Islam, personally, make's complete sense. Some things may seem harsh to the first time reader, but the parts of Islam go together like a jigsaw, and when all together the picture is complete and seams logical.

Unfortunately, we are in an age when the super powers want the riches from the Arab/Muslim lands, and with that come's propaganda and scare stories, therefore creating a whole new hate for Islam and Muslim's. It's very upsetting, but has been foretold by Prophet Mohammad that it would happen and at the same time it would be very good for Islam (Raising awareness). We have also been told that after this period of horror, things will be alot more brighter for all of humanity.

I know the original question wasn't aimed at me, but thought I'd write something. Thank you for taking the time to read my small, humble effort in answering. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:03 am 
Hear Me Roar!

England - Bif wrote:
rooster wrote:
why are you a muslim?

I am a white, Muslim Londoner. I have been Muslim for 2.5 years. My parents are Christian and Catholic.

I became Muslim because it made sense to me basically. I wasn't a religious person in any way shape or form. Then one day - god know's why - I decided I wanted to know about Christianity and all of the other religions. I passionately read, watched and absorbed all I could from all faith's. Eventually I was drawn to Islam and the Qur'an. I read only half of the Qur'an and new it was for me. The whole structure of Islam, personally, make's complete sense. Some things may seem harsh to the first time reader, but the parts of Islam go together like a jigsaw, and when all together the picture is complete and seams logical.

Unfortunately, we are in an age when the super powers want the riches from the Arab/Muslim lands, and with that come's propaganda and scare stories, therefore creating a whole new hate for Islam and Muslim's. It's very upsetting, but has been foretold by Prophet Mohammad that it would happen and at the same time it would be very good for Islam (Raising awareness). We have also been told that after this period of horror, things will be alot more brighter for all of humanity.

I know the original question wasn't aimed at me, but thought I'd write something. Thank you for taking the time to read my small, humble effort in answering. :D

Bif,

I do not know much about Islam myself. It is good to hear that you were interested enough to check out the wares so to speak and to finally buy something. I have thought of doing something similar myself but have never gotten around to it.

The reason I am posting a response here, however, is because you state that the Prophet himself foretold this invasion by the infidels, i.e. George Bush and Company ( the infidels is my own word ). Do you know where this is written by chance or is it just something you heard concerning Mohammed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:10 am 
Hear Me Roar!

rooster wrote:
why are you a muslim?

Muslim means one who obeys Allah (God). That is why I am a Muslim. I want and need for my existence to be fufilled by doing that which is praise directly to Him who created me.

I have not yet seen anything has satisfying as that in all aspects of living... and I am far from being perfect.

Excuse me in my delay in answering your question of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:44 am 

Just One More Thing.... wrote:
England - Bif wrote:
rooster wrote:
why are you a muslim?

Bif,

I do not know much about Islam myself. It is good to hear that you were interested enough to check out the wares so to speak and to finally buy something. I have thought of doing something similar myself but have never gotten around to it.

The reason I am posting a response here, however, is because you state that the Prophet himself foretold this invasion by the infidels, i.e. George Bush and Company ( the infidels is my own word ). Do you know where this is written by chance or is it just something you heard concerning Mohammed?

Hi, nice to hear from you - whoever you may be :D

There is no verse that say's Bush, or America or 'infidels' will invade. Muslim's follow Qur'an and hadith's (saying's and life of Prophet Mohammad), in various hadith's it is stated that toward the end of time, it will become very, very difficult for Muslim's. But at the same time it will be become very good for Islam - Mohammad also said this will be a time when man will compete by a show of tall buildings. There are many. One that I find ineteresting is the one that say's toward the end, man willl communicate with a stomach shaped object, that sit's on the hip.........There are various hadith's with many saying's. I'll be honest and tell you that some are not reliable. Even so, they were written many many years ago and whether original or not, there are amazing statements in them. And they are clear and concise, not like a Nostradamus prophecy.

A good site to check out would be www.harunyahya.com

Alternatively, if you done a google - 'signs of Qiyamma'
or 'Minor and Major signs of Qiyamma'

This will help. Qiyamma means the 'signs' - In this context we are refering to the signs of the end of the world.

Prophet Mohammad was asked 'How far is the end times?'. This was 1,500 years ago. He replied, as he held two fingers together 'This close'.

I hope I have answered your question.

Take care and regards,

Peace.

Bif.