It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Inhofe: Global-Warming Scientists Doomsayers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Inhofe: Global-Warming Scientists, Media "Doomsayers" and Tools of "Hysterical Left"

by Bob Geiger

It seems somewhat appropriate that a social dinosaur like Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) would find it hard to believe that the earth's climate has changed since the Jurassic Period, but there he was on the floor of the United States Senate earlier this week, like a crazy man on a street corner, decrying the focus these days on the effects of climate change -- or, as Inhofe calls it, "the most media-hyped environmental issue of all time."

Inhofe gave a speech on Monday to vent his frustration over what he believes is an overblown non-issue and to take the media to task for covering it.

"I want to challenge the news media to reverse course and report on the objective science of climate change, stop ignoring legitimate voices in this scientific debate, and stop being used by the hysterical left," said Inhofe. "Breaking the cycles of media hysteria will not be easy since hysteria sells and it is very profitable, but I really believe the issue is getting worn out."

The Oklahoma Republican also took a considerable amount of time to minimize former Vice President Al Gore's work on climate change and, in particular, to thoroughly ridicule Gore's new film, An Inconvenient Truth.

LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:39 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

yes senator, and Ok is being taken over by "rampant lesbianism."
one of his more precious quotes, imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

From Democracy Now-
Quote:
Bush Administration Blocks Study Linking Global Warming to Hurricanes
The journal Nature has revealed that the Bush administration has blocked the release of a government report that suggests global warming is causing stronger and more frequent hurricanes.

Scientists: Earth’s Temperature Climbs to Record Levels
Meanwhile a new report published by the National Academy of Sciences has determined that the Earth’s temperature has climbed to levels not seen in thousands of years. The report says this warming has already begun to affect plants and animals.

Scientists Accuse ExxonMobil of Spreading Lies About Climate Change
Exxon Mobil is being accused of spreading ''inaccurate and misleading'' information about climate change by financing groups that misinform the public on the issue. The British scientific group Royal Society criticized the oil company of sending nearly three million dollars last year to groups like the Competitive Enterprise Institute.

Bush Estate in Maine Could Become Victim Of Global Warming
Meanwhile the Natural Resources Council of Maine has released a new report on how global warming could impact the state’s coastline. One historic site considered to be at extreme risk of being submerged underwater is the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport.

Hopefully Bush will be at home that day. Imagine an old fossil like Inhofe being used by the Bushies to push their destructive agenda of abuse and ignorance.

Got Alzheimers? No, not since the Gipper faked it and Loft perfected it.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Meanwhile the Natural Resources Council of Maine has released a new report on how global warming could impact the state’s coastline. One historic site considered to be at extreme risk of being submerged underwater is the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport.

I see no historical significance in this compound except as the home of THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER's father, and maybe as a place to house the documentation of the Bush family's connection to the German Nazis via Prescott Bush.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:32 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

yea...there's no glaobal warming. the glaciers are just melting because that's what ice does... :roll:

NASA's issued reports are all phoney and NASA is funded by gouprs like greenpeace and other tree huggers.... :roll:

what i find harder to understand is the state of denial so many are still in....even when the EPA...a government agency...has stated that global warming is for real and it's because of burning fossil fuels (simply put)

does this guy doubt his own government????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:01 pm 
I never realized there was a 'positive' side to global warming, Catherine! And, garagejazz, thanks for making my day (heck, my MONTH) with that "rampant lesbianism" quote! Who says R's don't have a sense of humor? That was a hilarious phrase!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:10 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Remember, unless they use science (credible, peer reviewed science) then their comments should just be disreagarded and ignorant ramblings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:44 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Quote:
nygreenguy
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:10 pm Post subject:
Remember, unless they use science (credible, peer reviewed science) then their comments should just be disreagarded and ignorant ramblings.

obviously, yes, for those of us with minds. unfortiunately, the national dialog does not require this in terms of voters, MSM, etc.
sigh...