It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NY Post Laughs at Olberman Death Threat
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keith Olbermann Receives a Death Threat, and the New York Post Thinks It's Pretty Darn Funny

The New York Post's unctuous Page Six "reported" it, but it's also been independently confirmed that MSNBC's Keith Olbermann -- whose brave commentaries of late taking to task the Bush Administration (and President Bush himself) have invited genuine comparisons to Edward R. Murrow -- opened a suspicious letter with a California postmark that was mailed to his New York City home late Tuesday night and out poured a white powdery substance. A threatening note inside reportedly indicated that this represented revenge for his outspoken on-air views of late.

LINK TO STORY

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:47 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Is there a way for me to find out how much Olbermanns ratings have been over the past few years. I would also like to find out just how much NY Post's has dropped over the fast few years as people have become more aware thanks to the blogs and alternative media.

I have not written to any of the media for awhile because it was pointless. I think that I would like to play with the Post once again in my oh not so nice way of writing to these pricks.

I'm telling you, I'm shooting for Alaskas cosentration camp, I have always wanted to visit Alaska.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:33 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Well, if the story is true then it is a pretty sad comment on free speech and opposing opinion. Can't people vent without being threatened by a psycho?

But, then again maybe it is just a publicity stunt to get more viewers? Who knows, anything goes right? In the ratings game, I mean.

I am just wondering out loud also why this Olberman is so outspoken against Bush. Not that I disagree with his honest and timely criticisms of the " Man ", but why does the management allow him such leeway? NBC, if I am not mistaken is part of the same group of people who support the Administration and everything it does. Perhaps they let this guy rant away just to get the viewers. It is after all an advertising game right? Maybe the sacrifice is worth it. Sacrifice in policy that is, to gain market share. So, what is the big deal to disseminate some liberal views? The system can handle it right?