It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Neocons Plan a Disaster in Iran
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Neocons Plan a Disaster in Iran
by xxdr_zombiexx | Sep 25 2006

Paul Craig Roberts says Crisis is Upon Us.

Quote:
How can Bush administration war plans be reconciled with expert opinion that the consequences would be too dire for the U.S.?

Perhaps the answer is that what appears as irrationality to experts is rationality to neoconservatives. Neocons seek maximum chaos and instability in the Middle East in order to justify long-term U.S. occupation of the region. Following this line of thought, neocons would regard the loss of a U.S. aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf as a way to solidify public support for the war. American anger at the Iranians could even result in support for a military draft in order to win "the war on terror."

The Bush administration could bring Congress around by announcing a "Gulf of Tonkin" incident or by orchestrating a "terrorist attack." However, this is unnecessary as Bush has prepared the ground for bypassing Congress with his propagandistic allegations that Iran, by arming Iraqi insurgents, sponsoring terrorism, and building nuclear weapons, is a major part of the ongoing "war against terrorism." Now that Iran is blamed for rising violence in Iraq, an attack on Iran follows as a matter of course. All Bush has to do is to continue with his lies in order to bring the American public to a new war hysteria.

Bush's attorney general has demonstrated that he has no qualms about validating any and all extralegal powers that the White House requires for violating the U.S. Constitution and international law. The congressional attempts to block illegal wiretapping and torture have failed. The Senate has refused to authorize torture, but the Senate has not prevented the administration from torturing detainees. The compromise leaves it to the White House to decide by executive order whether its interrogation practices are objectionable. In an editorial, the Washington Post concluded that "the abuse can continue."

Polls show that Bush administration propaganda has convinced a majority of inattentive Americans that Iran is making nuclear weapons. Polls show that a majority support an attack on Iran under this circumstance. The neoconservatives and their media allies have succeeded in causing the public to confuse Iran's legal nuclear energy program with a weapons program.

Neocons claim that tactical nuclear weapons are necessary to destroy Iran's underground facilities. However, the real reason for using nukes against Iran is to intimidate Iran from retaliating and to threaten the entire Muslim world with genocide unless Muslims bend to the neocons' will and accept U.S. hegemony over their part of the world

LINK

From the Zombie Notes:

Quote:
He says - like I do - despite all the rational arguments for NOT attacking Iran that it's highly likely this IS thier plan. They are not interested in "tradional logic". They are driven by an insane ideology and bloodlust.Remember, they "create reality" and we all just put up with the consequences. I have said for approximately 3 years now that the Neocon/Team Bush/GOP goal is to set the entire Middle East on fire and kill as many people as possible.

These are genuinely horrible and very dangerous people and something - anything, really - needs to be done to them or with them to stop them. Letters to the editors have failed.

Some people have tried filing restraining orders but with full GOP control of the courts (and media), this has died very quietly.

Team Bush IS the "new NAZIs"; debate over this highly emotional term should cease. It's chiseld in stone. Team Bush and the Neocons dream of and plan to kill millions of people: They plan absolutely nothing less.

They clearly don't care about how this will impact you and me and all the other little people

About author:

Doc is a long-time cannabis relegalizer, voter, homeowner, taxpayer and human services professional. He plays a mean guitar, loves dogs, camping/hiking/backpacking and is very happily married.

LINK TO xxdr

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:21 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

There will come a time when we, as a nation, look back upon this time and upon this Bush Regime as the most dangerous threat we have ever faced...I just hope we can survive, or at least retain enough freedom to express such thoughts openly in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WE should all be keeping diaries and journals, where we record our thoughts and observations about this mad time for those within our family who come after us.

It may be the only way they'll know the truth.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:47 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Same author, same topic. Here:

Why Bush will Nuke Iran

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e15118.htm

This article follows the same themes as the original post link and it is by the same author.

Maybe these guys are crazy enough to do this, nuke Iran I mean. They have lost or are losing in Iraq and Afghanistan. War support in the US is negative. Blair is getting the boot for his role in the sham. The US has no friends left, except of course you know who. We have elections coming up and the Republicans have nothing to show for themselves, except a bunch of money spent for nothing and thousands of innocent dead victims of the neocon aggression in the Middle East.

So, why not go for the jumbo? That's carnival talk in case you did not know. They have set the framework for an attack anyway with all the propaganda about how bad Iran is. You know, the usual nuclear threat and everything, plus sending terrorists to Iraq and supplying Hezbollan. Why, these guys are as guilty as sin and should be taught a lesson. A nuclear attack would really teach these guys a lesson and show the people back home just how serious the Republicans are about protecting Americans from terrorists. That is all you need to do. Just get the media behind you. What's the problem with the plan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:32 am 

a very few group of people have been predicting this will happen.

it's the main reason iran has cultivated it's relationships with any country that is a present enemy of the u.s.

it's a trap bush and the neocons are walking into either blindly or as some suspect, by design.

iran was invited last fall to observe a joint land/sea/air military exercise held jointly by china, russia and india.

the question for me and a few others would be for what purpose would these known enemies have for this type of simulation?

these are examples of the real stories that aren't being covered by the corporately controlled media in america.

iran will be attacked by the bushicons.

we will suffer the consequences thereof.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
iran was invited last fall to observe a joint land/sea/air military exercise held jointly by china, russia and india.

the question for me and a few others would be for what purpose would these known enemies have for this type of simulation?

And why are these governments our enemies?

I cant help but wonder this. Is it an inherent flaw for governments to ultimately become corrupted? Is it inevitable that power will always be consolidated thus drawing the attention of the most corrupt of humanity that they then wield as an unholy sword of destruction and mayhem?
In any country, is it ever the people who want the wars, the oppression, the inequality? No. It is always, always the governments who bring these things upon the people of their respective countries. Time and time again through out history we have seen this played out, yet time and time again we allow this to happen. Time and time again people put a trust into those who are untrustworthy, time and time again this trust is betrayed.

Our Forefathers of this country came up with the best solution that they could think of in the hopes that We the People would be able to hold onto this gift that so many of them fought and died for. They realized that this gift that they gave upon us was very fragile and was to be handled with the utmost care, to always be looked after, to always be protected lest this fragile gift be broken. They warned us time and time again of what the pitfalls could be that would shatter this precious gift, but we grew lackadaisical, we ignored these pitfalls, and now we are mired in a quicksand that is threatening to drown us all, threatening to kill this fragile gift, this idea of equality, freedom, and unity of a government run by the people and for the people.

There is no easy way to save this gift. We must hold this gift up as a beacon of hope and fight our way out of this quicksand, this pitfall that we now find ourselves in. We must do this now if we have any hope of saving this precious gift that was given to us. If not then all will sink below the quicksand's of time, this gift to be forgotten, a thing of the past.

Peace out.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:02 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Yes, what a future we have to look forward to…a nation cut asunder by the wiles of politicians who didn’t have the forethought to see the consequences of their actions. We can realistically expect Martial Law to be imposed between 2008 and 2010, Congress suspended and an infusion of United Nation “Peace Keepers” on our land. PREPARE NOW!