It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:04 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
:oops: geez....I didn't mean to NOT NOTICE the little girl, DK...I was just so focused on the collie I failed to notice her! Sorry...glad jobot had enough sense to notice and comment on how beautiful the child is....please accept my apologies. AND I agree with jobot...asleep kids do look so angelic!

It was Lefty, not me. ...I liked the dog. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:07 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Great advice from all.
The going to the bathroom in the house has nothing to do with him going outside. He just does. We take him out and he goes. We never actually noticed it until the carpet started to smell. Then we started watching him, keeping him in other rooms or in the basement and the smell would start to go away. We never actually caught him peeing but, I did catch him pooping in the house. In fact like I said I was on my computer and he just walked over and started pooping.

The dog does have a problem with itching. When he is left alone, in the basement he starts pulling out his fur just behind his tail. Then he licks it, it gets infected etc.. We give him yeast and allergy medicine for that. I have also purchased a collar for him, that stops him from doing that.
We love him, he is the first collie we ever had, but, I tell you, he is the must screwed up dog I have ever had.

For the first 1 year all he did was eat panties, not underwear, panties. If we left them in the laundry basket he found them. Would eat them and then a week later throw them back up. Yuck. My little girls like normal kids hardly clean their room. Clean panties, crayons, socks, nothing was safe, he ate it all. Then he would lay down and lick the carpet, just lick and lick, nothing else, just the carpet.

We have all decided to give it one more chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:34 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
For the first 1 year all he did was eat panties, not underwear, panties. If we left them in the laundry basket he found them. Would eat them and then a week later throw them back up. Yuck. My little girls like normal kids hardly clean their room. Clean panties, crayons, socks, nothing was safe, he ate it all. Then he would lay down and lick the carpet, just lick and lick, nothing else, just the carpet.

i had a doberman...female...that would do that. she'd eat panty hose...sheesh. anyways, it cost us 1600 to have an operation because the panty hose twisted about 10 inches of her small intestines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

My Caesar used to chew above his tail too. I believe he had a food allergy, probably corn in his food as a filler. Switch to something with rice filler, and the first ingredient meat. One vet said it might be fleas, but since we switched to Iams food , he has been itch free. Also the peeing thing could be because he is trying to establish his territory which some damn female has usurped(LOL). :lol:

Perhaps he is gay and would prefer a male companion. :shock:

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
i had a doberman...female...that would do that. she'd eat panty hose...sheesh. anyways, it cost us 1600 to have an operation because the panty hose twisted about 10 inches of her small intestines.

When my dog was a pup, she got into the garbage. I didn't think to much of it until, oh I don't know, it was a couple days later at least. I can remember putting her out to go to the bathroom, and sitting at the kitchen table for breakfast. All of a sudden I heard her yelping outside like someone was trying to kill her. I don't think that my feet hit the ground to save her. I was ready for blood. Anyway, I get to the door and I see my poor dog running around in circles with something hanging out of her back end. Lol, she was trying to get away from it but it kept following her!!! She seen me and ran to me as fast as she could, looking back the entire time.

When she got up to me, I seen what it was. It was a piece of saran wrap about a foot long. I grabbed some paper towels and started pulling it out. I easily pulled out another 2 feet, and the damn thing broke with about an inch now sticking out. I just couldn't believe it. I had to then grab that. I guess that I got out about another 6 inches.

I never knew how close we came to dodging that bullet that you mention mga. I never realized the danger until a few months later when I was relating the story to a friend and they told me they had a dog that needed the operation that you mentioned.

I know that its really not funny, and I shouldn't be laughing, but every time I think of that day I cannot help myself.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:32 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

heh...all part of being a pet owner.

but, as much as i might complain, i can still feel the pain of holding each one in my arms as the vet had to put them to sleep because of cancer.

man, that hurt....those big brown eyes looking at you while they slip away...enough to make a grown man cry. and even after 5 years, that moment still wrings my heart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I know how you guys feel. When I was in Ca I had a dobie that had gotten into some rat posion that the base put out. They had come to the quarters while my wife and I were out and put it around the house. No notes or anything. We let out the dog and a day or so later she was sick. Vet said she was going to die. We took her home and took turns holding her head in our arms and praying. Cleaning her. Went on for two days and then she jumped up and started running around the house.

Took her to the vet and he was amazed that she was alive. After almost 20 years, I still miss that dog. She was the best friend I ever had. Maybe that is why I have such a hard time with dogs, none of them compare to her.

Were ever you are girl. I still love you. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

That's funny about the underwear...I've never had a dog that ate or chewed my underwear. On the other hand, through high school I had a cat that used to go through my laundry to find my dirty undies and drag them through the house. I'd get home with my dad, and my thongs would be all over the house! My dad's the last person I want seeing those, let alone on his recliner, in front of the tv, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, etc. It was a chore walking around the house trying to find 'em all. I had to get a sealed laundry basket so she'd stay out of it, and make sure all my undies ended up in it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:13 am 

jobot wrote:
That's funny about the underwear...I've never had a dog that ate or chewed my underwear. On the other hand, through high school I had a cat that used to go through my laundry to find my dirty undies and drag them through the house. I'd get home with my dad, and my thongs would be all over the house! My dad's the last person I want seeing those, let alone on his recliner, in front of the tv, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, etc. It was a chore walking around the house trying to find 'em all. I had to get a sealed laundry basket so she'd stay out of it, and make sure all my undies ended up in it!

:) :lol: [smilie=to funny.gif]

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:31 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
:) :lol: [smilie=to funny.gif]

Ya....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:00 pm 

Not so funny when it happened, I am sure.

DarkKnight2, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Animals can be so wonderful, but not always!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid