It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NECKTIES
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:05 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Quote:
'Domestic Terrorism'

Although most lynchings happened between the 1890s and the 1920s, the practice began in the 1870s and continued into the 1960s. The majority of lynchings took place in the South, but they were committed in 46 states. Both men and women were lynched, though most of the victims were men. Lynching victims included some Native American and white people, but the vast majority of victims were black. Approximately 5,000 people are known to have been victims of lynching, though most scholars believe the actual number to be much higher. The exact count will never be known. While illegal, the practice was so ingrained in the culture that many lynchings were committed in public, with the knowledge -- even cooperation -- of the police and local officials. Most lynchings were reported simply as "death at the hands of persons unknown."

Lynchings were generally committed, according to their perpetrators, as acts of vigilante justice -- summary executions -- in response to alleged crimes committed by the victims. But many of lynching's victims were accused of no crime at all. They were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, or were seen merely looking at a white woman. In many cases, the victim did absolutely nothing; he was simply black.
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle ... temID=2097

Please view this link:
http://www.withoutsanctuary.org/

Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad

Last edited by derrion on Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:31 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

holy shit. quite a film there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Strange Fruit indeed.

Wonder why there were so many blacks lynched? Because the native Americans reisted assimilation and were usually just outright shot. Lynching someone who was once your slave and now is just "uppity" sends a very strong message. Submit.

Shooting someone tells them they mean nothing to you.

Lewis allen

Southern trees bear strange fruit,
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze,
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant south,
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth,
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh,
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck,
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck,
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop,
Here is a strange and bitter crop.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:24 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Quote:
DO.g's
Hear Me Roar!
Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:52 am Post subject:
Strange Fruit indeed.

Wonder why there were so many blacks lynched? Because the native Americans reisted assimilation and were usually just outright shot. Lynching someone who was once your slave and now is just "uppity" sends a very strong message. Submit.

Shooting someone tells them they mean nothing to you.

Your opinion is...

There were several ways that "placing fear" in black people was used to "make" them "submit".

After enough whipping, beatings, being pissed on, raping, experimented on, castration, babies being cut out, body parts amputated, eyes knocked out... the list can go on and on... I doubt if being killed/murdered by rope or bullet was of any comparison to those being killed.

And one reason that the native of this land (Indian) was so difficult to be brought into submission was because they knew the land and the European still required their help in a big degree.

fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:29 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Choice of death has always been for example to those still living. Take crucifixion for example. They left the victims for days/ months/ years.

My contention is that native Americans never submitted to slavery and so were dealt with to the point of extinction. Blacks were compliant and so were seen as chattel- and when they did get equality, they were still seen the same way. Natives were never and still aren't seen as remotely equal or they wouldn't be living in third world conditions in America today.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:48 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I don't know that black were so "compliant", if they were then why did so many try and did kill themselves on the way here and that mnay more after arriving here did the same thing

The compliancy that you write of was actually "bred" into them.

After a successful voyage of a slave ship, the remaining surviving slaves, mainly the women were bred either by the caucasians themselves or black men who they used for this purpose. These "new" babies were then raised in the way that they would have no knowledege of who they were.

It must be taken into account to have a successful slave or good slave, the person must have all of their idenity removed. They must have no knowledge of self. No sense of land, name, language or history. When those things are removed from a person you no longer have a thinking for self individual, you now have a individual ready to do the biddings of another... and with the addition of fear, you now have a compliant slave.

None of these things happened to the so-called Indian. Although what has happened to the so-called Indian is another example of wrong done by the founders of this country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

None of these things happened to the so-called Indian. Although what has happened to the so-called Indian is another example of wrong done by the founders of this country._________________

was there a point being made here that i missed? why did you decide to state "so-called indian"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[quote]"...Let me remind you only of the witch-hunts of the middle ages, the horrors of the French revolution, or the genocide of the American Indians... in such periods there are always only a very few who do not succumb. But when it is all over, everyone, horrified, asks `for heaven's sake, how could I?' "

Albert Speer, Hitler's minister of war production, writing from prison in 1953.

"Hitler's concept of concentration camps as well as the practicality of genocide owed much, so he claimed, to his studies of English and United States history. He admired the camps for Boer prisoners in South Africa and for the Indians in the wild west; and often praised to his inner circle the efficiency of America's extermination - by starvation and uneven combat - of the red savages who could not be tamed by captivity." P. 202, "Adolph Hitler" by John Toland
[/quote]

LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:38 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Let us not forget that they were sold into slavery by the tribes that had captured them in battle. Better to have died a warriors death then to wear the shackles of slavery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Let us not forget that they were sold into slavery by the tribes that had captured them in battle. Better to have died a warriors death then to wear the shackles of slavery.

We may all be having to make this desicion pretty soon. Some of us have already made this desicion.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:35 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

mga wrote:
None of these things happened to the so-called Indian. Although what has happened to the so-called Indian is another example of wrong done by the founders of this country._________________

was there a point being made here that i missed? why did you decide to state "so-called indian"?

Well, Christopher Columbus was trying to sail to India, instead he landed in America and upon his "finding" of the people who were native to this country he so dubbed them Indians. And that is the name that people have been calling them since.

Quote:
The island he landed on is now Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
Columbus thought he had landed on the Spice Islands near India. This is why he called the people he met Indians. We now call them Native Americans, or sometimes American Indians.

http://www.esolcamba.org/christopher_columbus1.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

thanks, derrion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:43 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

DarkKnight2 wrote:

I don't believe that it is so "cut and dry" as that.

I posted on another thread earlier that there is no documentation where it states that African "tribes" were battling each other upon the initial arrival of the European, however, once they (Europeans) arrived then they employed their "divide and conquer" manipulations which caused wars among "tribes".

In fact when one reads any literature on John Hawkins, no where did he write about "tribes" fighting each other. John Hawkins was the first of many slave traders that entered Africa with the intention of making black people captive.

John Hawkins http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hawkins

Excuse me if you are referring to the Indians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:01 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You are so right CE. Some have already put the shackles on and are only waiting for someone to tell them what to do.

Derrion, yes it is that cut and dry. Either fight to be free of shackles or except your fate. There is no middle ground. If you accept it, you get what you deserve.

You always strive for a way to escape. ALWAYS. If not then you are beaten and less then you were before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I cannot remember where I read about it, but Native American women would deliberately rub feces, both human and animal, upon themselves to prevent the white men from raping them.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman