It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hi Eva......
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:58 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Are you the Eva who sends in many of the smiley photos......??? If you are....where do you find so many marvelous animal pics. I need a smile on most days....
Welcome to the forum. I lurk a great deal... in between a thousand chores and stuff....but hope to post more regularly now....a New Year's Resolution I'll work on after next week, when my schedule of nonsensical things to do eases up.....

Post subject: oops...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:59 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Somehow, this was posted twice.... sorry. Ignore ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:22 am 

I am the Eva who sends all of those cute animal pictures on the smile page.
After reading the amount of articles that I do and then sending them off to TVNL, I also find that I need something to smile about (and I figure eveyone else does too!!). Ever since Bush came into office, I feel as if this country has been on a collission course with disaster. The media has contributed by tip toeing or completely ignoring the issues. I can't even think about what these next fours years will bring. We barely made it through these last 4 years.
I'm happy that the smiles I've contributed have helped put a smile on someone else's face!!

-Eva

Post subject: good job, Eva..
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:29 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Bringing smiles to a dreary nation is a good deed! The collision course didn't start with Baby Bush, Eva. The US has done its share of destructive work for a long time.... but Bush takes the cake for doing it out in the open and getting away with it, big time. Enjoy the forum...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:29 am 

Hi Eva - Nice to meet you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll have to check out the smiles being talked about. :D

I sometimes forget they're there...my bad! :oops:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:45 am 

Don't worry about not checking out the smiles..they are only a small part of what I contribute to this site. Just ask Jesse about the amount of articles that I send in to TVNL.

-Eva

Post subject: Make it routine....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:46 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Go to the smile first.... then you'll have the stamina to read the day's real news....which is usually enough to depress anyone into an all day funk.

It's like having the dessert before the veggies. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reggie, most of the news, regardless of where it comes from, is like not getting any food at all...for days and days!

Maybe Jesse could begin a GOOD NEWS section...if he's got the time to scrape some up from somewhere.... :)

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Late, so I'll do it now ...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:52 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hello all ... I've been away for a time and I've just returned. I've never introduced myself, so I'll do it now.

There is a sickness in this World today. It is called FEAR. GOP never stops beating the fear drum. Anyone who watched Nightline last night on ABC can relate. They've started beating the fear drum on smallpox. It was like part 1. I for one, am very worried that we might all of a sudden get a letter in the mail that tells us we need to go and get a smallpox vac / shot. (Fear) I have read where this kind of thing has been done before with very very bad results. (Less the orders to have one or else letters.) We are sick and troubled because we are always being told 24 / 7 that we must fear this or that. We need to get away from this fear and just be ourselves and try and be happy. I understand that we are not living in a perfect World and some fear will always be with us and we can't be happy all the time. Still, there is no need for them to push fear like they do. They want us to feel fear all the time. We must not. It is time for them to stop beating the fear drum and back off.

Also, they are using the Bible to find reasons for war. This is another big bad no no. Bush telling people he is doing God's work and so on. It is very wrong and we must understand that. We must see past or beyond the lies.

I think this is site - TVNL is one of the very best the net has to offer. You can't be this free on Canadian sites that are supposed to be (somewhat) like this one, your comments will never make it past the cencors. Not our kind of comments anyway.

We see new laws all the time. In the USA, Canada and elsewhere. Some of these laws are made so people will fear to question certain matters. Why must they create these kind of laws? What do they have to hide?
... http://www.outlawhistory.com/

You ever notice that when something really bad happens - all of a sudden and right out of no where, we get all these new laws that had already been written up in advance. All they needed was some really big bad event to get them passed / signed. (9/11) Have we been hoodwinked into supporting laws that take away our rights and freedoms? Is it already to late?

Who are we really up against? Is / was John Kaminski right when he called them the perfect enemy? http://www.rense.com/general57/dil.htm

Fear I will not and I'll always stand up and speak my mind. I will not sit idle and allow all my / our rights and freedoms be removed without question. What we have here is a manipulated society ... People have been so brainwashed, I believe that most are beyond thinking critically. (to far gone.) Ever wonder why it is not we the people / all the people, but
we a fraction of the people? Blame it on the propagandist, they done their job well. If this keeps up, it will be a dictatorship and where are your papers.

I'll end now with this .. A War machine needs funding and it's needs it's wars no matter how large or small. They don't train all those soldiers for the ice capades. They draw a paycheck and need updated equipment, they need to eat and practice and so on. It requires money and lots of it.
What if this machine just sits idle and draws funds for no reason? People will question the need of having it. Some will want to reduce it's size. You see, they need to keep this machine on the move. The next question is .. where next .. Syria maybe? ... It really dosn't matter, it will always be someplace. We can't have peace .. peace isn't good for the economy and the war machine. Have we built an economy on top of a war machine? Yes, it seems so.

Peace is something we hear little about. Peace is not mentioned and I think there is a reason for that. Just read above again.

So, there you have it .. I think we live in a very twisted world with little chance of recovery or change. Still, we must have hope, without it we have nothing and we must go on trying to fix this mess. We must protect
what rights and frredoms we have left. We must try and awaken those who do see and understand the situation.

We must try, we must keep the faith .. We must have hope and be brave enough to carry on.

So, I guess you can see how I see things. I'm very upset over the fact that they won't let us have us have Peace. Death to the war machines before they kill us all.

Peace & Freedom always !

Sir...