It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who Are You REALLY?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:02 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I am new to this forum...but not to this site. I saw the subject of "Who am I?", and thought it might be a little personal information on the people who talk in this site. Woops! I'm wondering if anyone has any personal information to give about themseves in order to 1)be open with everyone about who they really are, and 2)give people an insight on where you're coming from. Please, say whatever you want.

I chose "Jobot" because it was a nickname given to me by my dad when I was very young. I love it and I've always used it. I'm a 22 year old female and raised in California, by seperated parents, basically since birth. I have four siblings, and older sister who's studying to work for the FBI in DC now, an older brother who's in the Army, a younger, adopted sister in the 9th grade, and a younger, adopted brother in the 7th grade. I recently moved to Florida (two months ago) with my boyfriend of four years. It's a big, and frankly, hard adjustment. Traveling across the country for the first time is hard...and expensive!! I've always been a very athletic person (doing cross country, track, basketball, dance, etc.), a very musical person (playing piano, sax, clarinet, and violin), and am a total animal lover (I've always lived in a zoo, w/ birds, fish, hamsters, mice, rabbits, guinnea pigs, cats, dogs, and pherrits). It's taken me a few years to get to college, but I am enrolling, and plan on studying in a teaching zoo program. I hope to dedicate my life to helping, caring, protecting, loving, and teaching others about how to properly care about animals, domestic and wild. I also plan on taking political classes as well. In my spare time I also enjoy watching anime, and playing tons of video games. I'm a true Final Fantasy and Resident Evil lover!! ...I will not put myself in any political group, (as I simply don't like being grouped in general), although I do, definutely, fall on the Democratic side. duh. I don't believe in god, and guess that's about it. If I think of anything else, I'll post. Hopefully people will be bold and follow in my example. ...I'd like to know the people I'm talking to.

Last edited by jobot on Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:59 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Jobot- Thanks for being so candid. It is great to have people identify themselves and unload their knapsack on the table for us. You have made a step forward in clarity and we welcome you here.

As you post more and more here, your true self comes out. Many of us here are known by our fellow posters and gradually our beliefs and personalities come out. Welcome and thanks for your honesty. It is a rare jewel that finds the light of day to shine its brilliance for all to see.

I am pleased that you mentioned your game playing, as this is the "sports, games and hobbies" section. Perhaps you could go to the "Introduce yourself" section and let everyone welcome you.

You have posted some intelligent things that prove that there are those younger thinkers out there that wish to know what the bigger picture is. It is only by asking and keeping an open mind that we grow into better citizens.

Welcome and post often. Ask questions and think of new answers- the people here are well informed on lies and truth is our paramount objective. Search through history and find the links that tie together the mystery- link the personal with the political. There are so many books and ideas to inform, it is like a game, only the stakes are real and the future is up for grabs. We can make it a better one if we work together for it.

TTFN.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here you are, jobot... :D

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:37 am 

Thanks Catherine.

Jobot, I think you will like it here. Us oldtimers know each other pretty well, and you have given us a reminder that new people to the board would like to know a little about the people already here as well as newcomers.

I am older than the hills, as interested as ever in who is running our country and what they are doing. So far, they are doing a horrible job!

I am an animal lover too, have always been surrounded by cats and dogs. Used to feed the birds too untill two mother cats arrived with their nine kittens. They were too skittish to go to the animal shelter so I still have them and they are outdoor cats. There are three more indoor cats. Can't take care of a dog anymore to my dismay.

I spent the first forty years of my life as a basket case. Managed to get help and spent the next twenty-five years volunteering in every helping organization this little berg has. Got sick again and since then I count on the computer for my line to the real world.

Funny eh, thinking in terms of the computer as the 'real world'. But I live in a neocon area so the computer is more real to me than the people who love Bush and everything he does. Excuse me while I shudder.

Aside from politics, I am interested in the environment. It is the most important element in our lives whether we acknowledge it or not. If the environment gets sick, we die. Pretty serious stuff if you ask me!

That's about it. Not exciting, but then, we do have other people here who ARE exciting!

Hope you stay and enjoy this place. As DO.g's said, we are really into truth in a society that does an awful lot of lying!

So glad you have joined us!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:08 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thanks Dori. I do understand that a lot of people here already know a great deal about each other. However, I am a newbie, and I would like to know about the people I'm chatting with. I'm a very open and honest person. I just hope that more people follow in your example too, in showing themselves to the newbs w/out having to look up a thousand old threads. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:35 pm 

I hope people will participate too. Some people want to remain as anonymous as possible, others do not mind sharing information.

You have opened the door, now all we have to do is walk through it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:01 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

welcome to the forum, jobot. it's nice to see that young people are interested in politics and willing to share ideas. and, you sound like you have your life together at 21, which i've seen so many that don't.

i've read your posts and find them interesting...keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where's your intro, mga?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:10 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Where's your intro, mga?

me? i'm nobody special, so i didn't bother writing about myself. i'm just.....me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Here is my intro from February 2005:

TheStripey1 wrote:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeetings,

I AM TheStripey1, peace tiger. I'm here at the invitation of a friend.

I usually speak in a felinese dialect that I'm sure you'll be able to pick up easily... I also tend to speak with my paws alot... and with paws and keyboards always comes typoes,

ergo, tyopes happen...

I have many interests and a couple of obsessions... like chemtrails... and the weather...

anybody into chemtrails?

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:56 am 

When did we stop talking about chemtrails stripey? That is such an interesting topic, and I alway do look up.

Post subject: Re: Who Are You REALLY?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:41 am 
Hear Me Roar!

jobot wrote:
I am new to this forum...but not to this site. I saw the subject of "Who am I?", and thought it might be a little personal information on the people who talk in this site. Woops! I'm wondering if anyone has any personal information to give about themseves in order to 1)be open with everyone about who they really are, and 2)give people an insight on where you're coming from. Please, say whatever you want.

I chose "Jobot" because it was a nickname given to me by my dad when I was very young. I love it and I've always used it. I'm a 21 year old female (almost 22!) and raised in California, by seperated parents, basically since birth. I recently moved to Florida (two months ago) with my boyfriend of four years. It's a big, and frankly, hard adjustment. Traveling across the country for the first time is hard...and expensive!! I've always been a very athletic person (doing cross country, track, basketball, dance, etc.), a very musical person (playing piano, sax, clarinet, and violin), and am a total animal lover (I've always lived in a zoo, w/ birds, fish, hamsters, mice, rabbits, guinnea pigs, cats, dogs, and pherrits). It's taken me a few years to get to college, but I am enrolling, and plan on studying in a teaching zoo program. I hope to dedicate my life to helping, caring, protecting, loving, and teaching others about how to properly care about animals, domestic and wild. I also plan on taking political classes as well. In my spare time I also enjoy watching anime, and playing tons of video games. I'm a true Final Fantasy and Resident Evil lover!! ...Well, I guess that's enough information. If I think of anything else, I'll post. Hopefully people will be bold and follow in my example. ...I'd like to know the people I'm talking to.

Yes, I like your name as well. It is catchy and cute sounding. I was born in 1949 the year that 1984 was published. That is the first book that I read that had any influence on me. I came from a broken home as well. I remember the very early part of my life as being happy; having a mother and a father. These were good family times, which did not last. I get very personal also in my blog. And, I am at the point in my life where I simply do not care anymore about what I say. I think life is a learning process and this is the time for me to spill the beans and let the chips fall where they may.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate when people are open and honest about who they are. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Just found this so I guess I will add to it.

I am 57 years old, married for the third time to a wonderful woman. I have eight children including a step daughter. We have a 22 year old and a 9 and 8 living at home. I have two daughters in Reno, a son in Chicago, a son in NJ and another one here in NY.

I went into the sevice in 1967 and retired in 1992. I spent that time working as a military policemen and when I retired I worked as a police dispatcher and a 911 operator. I then decided to just retired, opened up a Flea Market and built computers on the side. I have been to 40 of the fifty states and lived in the following Co,Ca,Fla,Al,La,Tx,Ga,Nv,Ut,Ct,Ms.
Once drove across the country in 35 hours from ocean to ocean.

I enjoy reading and once I start a book I usually finish it in a day or so. I enjoy all kinds of music except rap. I love taking pictures of nature and my children.

I am basically a Conservative with Liberal ideas. I believe in God, but, do not practice religion. I find that organized religion has it's own ideas and they are not mind. I believe that all children should be protected at all times.

Guess that is about it.