It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FOX "NEWS" LABELS FOLEY AS DEM DURING O'REILLY FAC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

INCREDIBLE! FOX 'NEWS' LABELS FOLEY AS DEM DURING O'REILLY FACTOR! :shock: :evil: :shock: :evil:

Three Different Video Cutaways, 15 Seconds or More Each, Credit Disgraced REPUBLICAN Congressman as Being a Florida DEMOCRAT!
Just amazing. Fox's O'Reilly Factor just covered the Mark Foley (R-FL) issue in two different segments, one of them with a page who says he received communications from Foley, and another with Ann Coulter.

Never mind the content of either segment for now. Incredibly during a total of three different cutaways to video footage of Foley, he was labelled at the bottom of the screen eachtime as "(D-FL)" !

Three different times. In two different segements. Each cutaway about 15 seconds or more. Showing Foley as a DEMOCRAT. Amazing.

LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:12 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm sure it was just a simple mistake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:16 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This'll work:
http://www.bradblog.com/Images/FoxOReil ... 100306.jpg

Last edited by jobot on Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:21 am 
Hear Me Roar!

These guys really play hardball. I guess they think the population is stupid or something. This is disgusting, if true.

There should be a retraction required LEGALLY, because it is a fraudulent act.

I cannot open link and I did not see show. But, I believe you.

If true, it also points to their callous disregard for the American voter. What Bullshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:25 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I also agree that they should have to retract what they said. It was no 'simple mistake.' It was done intentionally, for sure. The fact that it was aired on FOX is the proof!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:51 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

of course it was intentional/ there are just no words for the depths to which fox will go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:56 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

garagejazz wrote:
of course it was intentional/ there are just no words for the depths to which fox will go.

It's FOX! ...Home of Republican propiganda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If Fox had to retract the DEM mistake, they'd have to start retracting 99% of everything they report. :P

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:08 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:20 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
If Fox had to retract the DEM mistake, they'd have to start retracting 99% of everything they report. :P

Well.....ya..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

jobot wrote:
I'm sure it was just a simple mistake.

I've found that gullibility is the most essential trait necessary to maintain right-wing ideology. If Fox News told Republican nitwits that Mark Foley was really Nancy Pelosi, they would either believe it, or chalk it up to an innocent mistake.

Fox News projects Bush winner in Florida

New York, N.Y. -- For the second time in as many Presidential elections, Fox News Channel (FNC) became the first television news network to project final election results for Florida when it called the state for George W. Bush shortly before 2 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 3 - a full month before the start of official voting.

"At this time, Fox News can now project that President George W. Bush is victorious in the state of Florida," anchorman Brit Hume announced as the network's live pre-election coverage continued into the early morning hours. "To repeat, with polls now closed in Florida, Fox News projects that incumbent President Bush has won in Florida, taking the all-important state's twenty-five electoral college votes."

Fox's accelerated announcement caused frustration among officials at competing news networks who must now again decide whether to quickly follow FNC's lead or risk looking indecisive as they wait for November's official poll results to indicate a winner.

"In the business of broadcast journalism, you simply can't afford to be the last one to the ball, so Fox's projection really puts us under the gun just like it did [in 2000]," said Carol Dunn, director of public relations for NBC. "The problem with not immediately following suit this time is that many of our analysts are arguing that Florida is still too close to call and may well remain that way until the polls at least open on the morning of November second."

"Remember, last time we at least waited until four percent of the votes had been counted before initially calling Florida for Al Gore," added Dunn. "We do have our journalistic credibility to uphold. Fox has the luxury of not having to worry about that."

FNC executives credited the decision to go live with the projection a full four weeks before the availability of official precinct results to John Ellis, the cousin of George W. Bush who revolutionized televised election coverage in 2000 by innovatively declaring his kin as the winner in Florida while all available data indicated otherwise.

"Just like during the last election, I've been staying in close phone contact with both George and [Florida Governor] Jeb Bush as we come down to the wire," Ellis said Sunday as the journalist fed documents into a large paper shredder at FNC headquarters. "In fact, just before we announced our projection last night [sic], I spoke with Jeb on one of our secure lines and he assured me that Florida's final tallies would end up favoring his brother 'one way or another,' as he put it. Based on that conversation, I felt very comfortable making the projection."

Though privileged to have already been provided with a copy of the final 2004 election results for all 50 states - a highly classified document that Republican operatives will not coerce other news networks to report until the night of the election - Ellis said he has been told by high-ranking members of the Bush camp to hold off on calling the national election in favor of his cousin.

"Fox will still be allowed to report that Bush has won before any of the other networks do, but I am obligated to wait until they give me the go ahead," said Ellis, referring to the unnamed Bush officials in charge of "handling" the election. "As soon as my red phone rings and I hear the password, 'The snake is in the basket,' that's my cue to cut to the 'Bush Reelected' graphic we've been designing all summer. Then it'll be time to party."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was listening to C-Span this morning as I got ready for work. One caller said that she wished George Bush could run for a third term, and that she supported everything the Republicans did, regardless of anything the media said about them.

Idiot.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
I was listening to C-Span this morning as I got ready for work. One caller said that she wished George Bush could run for a third term, and that she supported everything the Republicans did, regardless of anything the media said about them.

Idiot.

Catherine

Look closely at this picture of a bust of George Bush, which was presented to Bush earlier this year at the National Guard Memorial Building in Washington.

See anything wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:50 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

"President of the US 2001- "
Where's the ending year?

Edit: But I guess they'd have to leave that off, just in case he was impeached or shot. :occasion5:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:26 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

jobot wrote:
"President of the US 2001- "
Where's the ending year?

Edit: But I guess they'd have to leave that off, just in case he was impeached or shot. :occasion5:

I would really hate to think of the third alternative. :shock: