It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: watch Olbermann tonight at 8...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:30 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

..another stinging commentary against bush.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15146500/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thank you for reminding me. I had of course forgotten all about it. Amazing how time fly's when you are having......well, not fun, but when you are busy trying to bring down a dictatorship.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Wow, that was awesome. Are they always that good? I've never watched this show before, but after it was recommended by mga I decided to. Keith Olbermann is awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, Olberman is ALWAYS that good, jobot...never miss him if you can help it. Tell me, what does your boyfriend think of all the things you're learning about here at TVNL?

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

BTW, did anyone see the debate between Scarborough and Pat Buchanan? Geez, Buchanan's such a sleeze and dumbass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Yes, Olberman is ALWAYS that good, jobot...never miss him if you can help it. Tell me, what does your boyfriend think of all the things you're learning about here at TVNL?
Catherine

I have great conversations with my boyfriend about political issues all the time. In fact, it was him that first got me to open my eyes at age 17 by not simply listening to what is said on tv, and making sure to do my own, independant research. I wasn't much for paying attention to details, although I'm sure I would have figured out what side to be on eventually. How can anyone not be against Bush? I enjoy having more people to discuss these things with, like here on TVNL, and am always open to learning more from others. ...So I take it Olbermann is on Thurs at 8p every week?

Last edited by jobot on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Should send Olberman a copy of the Bush Lies thread, and Republican Pedophila while we are at it.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

we're down to one tv because i had to remove the furniture out of the bed room....and i had to get my wife away from survivor to watch the show...lol sheesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I've got Scarborough Country on in the background while replying to things here. It's pretty interesting...not as great as Olbermann, by far. :P They've got a sex predator sting on right now, previewing it from Dateline tomm night. Of course, in response to the Foley case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i have a hard time with that tucker guy...i'm not crazy about him and at times i'd like to punch that damn bow tie off of him....lol

i'm not really that violent...i just say things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:47 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
we're down to one tv because i had to remove the furniture out of the bed room....and i had to get my wife away from survivor to watch the show...lol sheesh.

I dont watch tv much, so its my wifes. We have a small tv that is in the bedroom, but I'll tell you what would happen if we didnt have it.

Honey, you cant watch Survivor tonight, its a stupid show anyway, and I have something very important that I have to watch. *BAMB* *Crimson wakes up the next day in the hospital with a severe concussion*

Nope, I would go down to the local kmart and watch one of their tvs first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:31 am 

olbermans been pretty much on a tear lately and i'm soaking up the enjoyment of it.

his personal editiorial comments near the end of the show like last nights were pointed straight at the misleader in the oval office. he does a great job of reviewing the details of the hypocricy of what the bushicons are all about. he made one reference of how bush made a socalled conciliatory speech on 9/11 last month in which bush facitiously called for an air of bi partisanship on issues that surround our national security and iraq. olberman then showed clips a few weeks later in which bush showed his true colors by making suggestive assertions that democrats positions are pertty much tantamount to being treason.

i was truely amazed though that fauxnews had brit hume leading off his show with the scandal story ahead of everything else. i didn't watch very long though, i can only take short doses of thier spin shit that they attempt to pass off as being the truth.

watched scarborough also and him being an admitted conservative reupub more or less said that the GOPediphiles are/deserve to go down in flames. yes he and buchanon got into it a little. buchanon did make 1 good point on how abc news appeared to sit on knowledge of this story for a while. but they are the news reporters NOT the newsmakers.

this story is just the tip of the iceberg in the sinking of the USS GOPediphile Titanic.

the rats cant sink fast enough for me.

drown the bastards but they're doing that themselves.

i'm really enjoying the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:32 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

well...to be honest, i am enjoying the squirming quite a bit. and they can attempt to shrug it off as simply a "gay" affair, or an abused childhood, or even being a drunk, but the damage is hurting them more and more.

had hastert and company told Foley to resign several years ago, or even months ago, then stated publicly that they found out and booted this guy etc etc, the republicans would not have a worry. bad decision making on their part..very bad....and they can only blame their own greed and disregard of pricipals for their current demise.

i do, however, get a laugh from the "pervert apologists" in many other forums who are still defending Foley, Hastert and company. and, i do apologize for using the term "pervert" to describe Foley, since he announced he was gay. by no means do i or have i ever, considered gay people as perverts, i do, however, don't like when adults prey upon young children, and at 16 years old, you are still a child.

if Foley was caught having an affair with an adult male, i would only accuse him/them of being hypocrtits...that's all. and now, while in a state of panic, even the president has to lower himself to that of a deceiving liar (once again) just to maintain party control.

Last edited by mga on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:47 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

mga wrote:
well...to be honest, i am enjoying the squirming quite a bit. and they can attempt to shrug it off as simply a "gay" affair, or an abused childhood, or even being a drunk, but the damage is hurting them more and more.

It's funny that they keep coming up with excuse after excuse...one said it was simply a joke!...too bad Foley's already admitted to it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:29 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Olbermann has indeed been on fire lately. Someone at C&L said, and I agreee:
"I haven't seen cajones that big since 1970!"

Go Keith.