It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:23 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'll put it this way: as liberal people in a liberal forum, should we allow a member to post pro-racist remarks that could result in a bigger problem?

Like religion, i realized that my atheist views had to be toned down, and i believe i have done so, in order to not offend those who believe and scare off visiting people. Likewise, derrion's continued posts of racism could attract undesireables from both sides. We don't need white supremists joining in thinking they have a right to voice their hatred of blacks, nor do we need any more people, like the "guest" coming here preaching the same crap.

I've stated before that talking about the government is fine, as long as we don't advocate violence against it. Likewise, when it comes to races, we must tread carefully. In this one thread, one only has to look at the posts we're making to see where that's going.

I think we should consider this carefully. Just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

derrion and "Guest" are posting from the same IP. Fancy that!
:P

GUEST no longer has access to any of the TVNL forums as GUEST. Fancy that, too!

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:53 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

lefty wrote:
derrion wrote:
lefty wrote:
And I am willing to wager that someone in your immediate family is not at all satisfied about you and your husbands union.

Actually, no one who is in my family or his has a problem with us being together. I wonder more and more if this problem doesn' t lie in you, Derrion. I live in Mississippi. So I think my perspective on this has to be different from someone's who maybe lives in California, or Colorado. MS (in the 2000 census) had a population of 61.3% whites and 36.8% black. The national averages are 80.4% white and 12.8% black. So, lets just say I've seen racism. I've experienced it first hand. I have lost my last job because I would NOT tolerate working with racists and bigots. Things change, people change and the world EVOLVES. I don't think, given the outright chance, that nearly as many blacks would go running to this weird utopia of only black people that you describe.

You have a very myopic and pessimistic veiw of this world. As frustrated, mad and crazy as some of the bigots I know make me, I have never wished to live in some sort of isolated bubble. By your reasoning, most people today wouldn't exist. My skin may be white, but I am a quarter American Indian. Certainly not "white" by any standard. Is it only blacks that would live in this segregated place? Or should each "race" break out on its own? Leaving us muts to mingle in the real world?

Now see this is where I and your ex-employers differ. I would not have fired you from a position because of your heterosexual interracial marriage, that is strictly your personal business, now if your job performance was lacking then I would see the need to terminate you.

Last and final warning proof your posts, then stop SHOUTING, any further shouting will be summarily deleted.

Orginial Warning

Leviticus 24:20
fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Accept Your Own and Be Yourself ~ Master Fard Muhammad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

hey...i have indian blood in me too...blackfoot on my mom's side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:04 pm 

derrion wrote:
Now see this is where I and your ex-employers differ. I would not have fired you from a position because of your heterosexual interracial marriage, that is strictly your personal business, now if your job performance was lacking then I would see the need to terminate you.

I wasn't fired. I resigned. I refuse to work for people who treat other's the way they did. But that's not the point. Derrion, I am trying to get you to see how very narrow of a veiw you are taking of life and races. I am "white", so I didn't have to care that these people spoke so harshly and in such a derrogatory manner about races that I am not a part of, but I did. I did care and I told them and they geared up their rhetoric. Arg. I am frustrated now. Forget it. You may be very lonely in this nation you wish to build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

mga wrote:
hey...i have indian blood in me too...blackfoot on my mom's side.

me too but in my case, we're called the blackpaw...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

hey cuz!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Cree here on my grandmothers side.

Oh Mg to answer your question. Na let him ramble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
derrion and "Guest" are posting from the same IP. Fancy that!
:P

GUEST no longer has access to any of the TVNL forums as GUEST. Fancy that, too!

Catherine

Go figure..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

lefty wrote:
Actually, no one who is in my family or his has a problem with us being together. I wonder more and more if this problem doesn' t lie in you, Derrion. I live in Mississippi. So I think my perspective on this has to be different from someone's who maybe lives in California, or Colorado. MS (in the 2000 census) had a population of 61.3% whites and 36.8% black. The national averages are 80.4% white and 12.8% black. So, lets just say I've seen racism. I've experienced it first hand. I have lost my last job because I would NOT tolerate working with racists and bigots. Things change, people change and the world EVOLVES. I don't think, given the outright chance, that nearly as many blacks would go running to this weird utopia of only black people that you describe.
You have a very myopic and pessimistic veiw of this world. As frustrated, mad and crazy as some of the bigots I know make me, I have never wished to live in some sort of isolated bubble. By your reasoning, most people today wouldn't exist. My skin may be white, but I am a quarter American Indian. Certainly not "white" by any standard. Is it only blacks that would live in this segregated place? Or should each "race" break out on its own? Leaving us muts to mingle in the real world?

I was wondering the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:07 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Removed as unrelated to this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:20 am 
Hear Me Roar!

lefty wrote:
derrion wrote:

I wasn't fired. I resigned. I refuse to work for people who treat other's the way they did. But that's not the point. Derrion, I am trying to get you to see how very narrow of a veiw you are taking of life and races. I am "white", so I didn't have to care that these people spoke so harshly and in such a derrogatory manner about races that I am not a part of, but I did. I did care and I told them and they geared up their rhetoric. Arg. I am frustrated now. Forget it. You may be very lonely in this nation you wish to build.

I misunderstood you. You wrote that you "lost" your job. Implying that you were terminated, so to speak.

fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. As he has injured the other, so he is to be injured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:28 am 
Hear Me Roar!

mga wrote:
I'll put it this way: as liberal people in a liberal forum, should we allow a member to post pro-racist remarks that could result in a bigger problem?

Like religion, i realized that my atheist views had to be toned down, and i believe i have done so, in order to not offend those who believe and scare off visiting people. Likewise, derrion's continued posts of racism could attract undesireables from both sides. We don't need white supremists joining in thinking they have a right to voice their hatred of blacks, nor do we need any more people, like the "guest" coming here preaching the same crap.

I've stated before that talking about the government is fine, as long as we don't advocate violence against it. Likewise, when it comes to races, we must tread carefully. In this one thread, one only has to look at the posts we're making to see where that's going.

I think we should consider this carefully. Just my opinion.

Removed as inappropriate.

Last edited by derrion on Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:55 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Removed as inappropriate and not related to this thread..

All you do is copy and paste someone else’s writing with no original writing or thoughts of your own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:27 am 
Hear Me Roar!

A Proud Liberal wrote:

A Proud Liberal’s original post.

Please answer these questions carefully. You can read all this correctly here:

http://www.seventhfam.com/temple/books/ ... kindex.htm

This is a strange coincidence. My father owned the print shop where an edition of this book was produced. I was sixteen at the time and even with the lack of discernment that comes with youth, I could see this book for what is was. It was a way to get the gullible to part with their money and to incite the worst kind of racial hatred and division. If we ever do give your type of people a land of their own, I know my God will make sure David Duke is living with you as well so you can compare racist methodologies.

This above after a another opportunity to review it caught my attention particularily. I hope it is original enough.

You write that your father's print shop produced (printed) an edition of this book. Then you go on to further state that the book was a way to get the gullible to part with their money and incite racial hatred and division.

If this is true then your father is culpable of participating in that which you alledge to since he made money from his work in helping get the book to press and then to public.

So perhaps you need to go and rant and rave with him about his participation in what you disapprove of. Have you ever took him aside and questioned him to the why's of what he did?

It did not seem at the time that you had the understanding that you write that you had at the time to prompt you to speak up then or deny the profits from the proceeds that eventually clothed, fed and sheltered you, since at the time you were a minor and probally living under your fathers roof. Or did you become so enraged that you gathered your belongings in a knapsack and runaway... like a runaway... slave.

I doubt that you were a proud liberal then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next