It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bump...it's OCTOBER. :wink:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:27 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Well, I think there's definutely some unexplainable things that people have encountered. Whether they're ghosts or not, I dunno. I've been thinking lately, that maybe the reason why, for instance, a faucet mysteriously turns on, or a light gets turned on, etc. is maybe because there's more than one dimention and people are overlapping a little through each dimension. I dunno, something I was just thinking about lately after watching some of those ghost shows. ooo

Post subject: Yes I believe in ghosts - spirits - ESP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:00 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I live in Ohio along I-75. I had a nephew that passed away just before he turned 4 yrs. of age. He was the light of my life. He came into this world with spinal meningitis. This happened in the 40's when medical doctors knew very little about meningitis. His temperature got so high they couldn't break it at the hospital. To make a long story short - the doctors told my sister that his brain was literally cooked. He would always be a little baby. Oh were they wrong. He was sick a lot BUT he was walking and talking and doing everything the doctors said he would never do. About 16 years after his death I was on my way to work. I was driving on I-75. The road was covered with snow and ice. I wasen't thinking about my nephew because I was concentrating on the road. All of a sudden my nephew appeared in the passenger seat. I was so rattled I pulled off the road and stopped my car. My nephew did not speak - he just looked at me with the most beautiful and peaceful smile. I felt all was well. I won't say my nephew saved my life because there were no fatalities, but he did keep me out of an accident up the expressway. I have never seen my nephew again but I do feel his presence and I do know he is watching out for me. Dee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:24 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

CrimsonEagle wrote:
Ok, now this is funny. I'm NOT trying to start a fight here. I really hope that you believe me. I just think that this is funny.

We have one atheist who staying true to his calling does not believe in trapped spirits/ghosts.

We have two more who do not beleive in a higher power, but do believe in trapped spirits/ghosts.

We have (I'm assuming 3, I'm sure about sadie, not sure about nina and republicae) who are believers in a higher power, and in trapped spirits/ghosts

And we have one (myself) believer in a higher power that does not believe in trapped spirits/ghosts.

Just thought it funny. Lol, please dont yell at me.

Peace out

Make that TWO atheists!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:36 pm 

sadie53 wrote:
Yes I believe in spirits or ghosts or whatever you want to call them. ... They are trying to get you to hear them because there is something they want. He said they only reveal themselves to those who are more open and believe in them and that they are not there to harm anyone.

Well, isn't that convenient? Or is it just ironic? I can't decide. People who are susceptible to belief in spirits get to see them, while people who are skeptical ... don't! This isn't "how the spirits work", it's "how we desperately try to explain why we can see and hear things that most people can't". What's that? You can't see or hear ghosts? Well, that's just because you don't believe in them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tell us why you believe in them, Truth Seeker. Or do you?

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:27 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

maybe this belongs in the weird forum, instead of here. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:57 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

jobot wrote:
Well, I think there's definutely some unexplainable things that people have encountered. Whether they're ghosts or not, I dunno. I've been thinking lately, that maybe the reason why, for instance, a faucet mysteriously turns on, or a light gets turned on, etc. is maybe because there's more than one dimention and people are overlapping a little through each dimension. I dunno, something I was just thinking about lately after watching some of those ghost shows. ooo

i'm willing to bet that any one of those "unexplainable" things can be logically explained if given the chance. however, if one's mind is convinced that it's a spirit or something doing them, then any logic isn't accepted.

however, without being there to actually witness the event, such as being in the car with dee35ann when she claims she saw her nephew sitting there, i can't give any counter reason for them happening. many people try to make a career out of ghost hunting, but in the end, even with all the gadgets and things they use, it ends up like UFO's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:17 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

[quote="Truth SeekerWell, isn't that convenient? Or is it just ironic? I can't decide. People who are susceptible to belief in spirits get to see them, while people who are skeptical ... don't! This isn't "how the spirits work", it's "how we desperately try to explain why we can see and hear things that most people can't". What's that? You can't see or hear ghosts? Well, that's just because you don't believe in them![/quote]

welcome to the forum, truth seeker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:13 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Are people who have seen them crazy? Or are the ones who have never experienced anything like that the only "sane" people?

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:25 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

sadie53 wrote:
Are people who have seen them crazy? Or are the ones who have never experienced anything like that the only "sane" people?

i refuse to answer that, being that i don't have any degrees in psychology. i don't consider people who claim to have seen "ghosts" any more insane than those who claim to have seen god.

(yuk yuk)

all kidding aside, no, i really don't think they are crazy. events happen that some people can't explain to themselves, and thereby accept them as being supernatural.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

My grandmother was in the basement doing laundry. She heard my uncle Virgil say "mom". She came out of the basement looking all over for him. She noticed the time of day 12:04 pm. My grandpa always came home for lunch and he was due any minute. Maybe he had Virgil with him and they were hiding to surprise her. When grandpa got home for lunch he found grandma in tears because she could not find Virgil and she knew she heard him call for her.

But she couldn't have heard Virgil because he was away at war. This was WWII. He was in Germany in a foxhole. He had been shot and all the men with him heard him say "mom". It was 12:04 pm.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject: mga I have no degree in psychology
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:09 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I have no dregree in psychology either but one sure thing I have learned about life : There are two sides to everything, for everyone. Example --You are honest or dishonest. You are rich or poor. You are healthy or sickly. You are generous or greedy. You either love or hate. You are patient or irritated. On and on etc. etc. etc. Darwin teaches we swung down from trees and evolved. Confucius believes we crawled out of the water and evolved. The human has seven major systems and each relies on the other for survival. One dies the others die also. Show me how this just happened and was not thought through and well planned before orchastrated. As a child (and through the eyes of a child) I believed God only created 2 human beings. Adam and Eve. They gave birth to their first two sons, Cain and Abel. Cain killed his brother and was banished into the wilderness, and there he knew his wife. He was marked so all would know he was a killer of his brother. Now through the eyes of a child, I believed Cain mated with a monkey and that at the time explained to me as to how the black race came into existance. I was dead wrong. I made it a project to learn the truth. There are some who believe the Bible is a work of fiction. In reality the Bible is a book that has everything about life itself. It contains everything in the past, present and what is to come in the future. Everything in the Bible (like all state and federal laws) can be taken out of context to prove any point one is trying to make. God created all four races of mankind, RED - YELLOW - BLACK - WHITE.
Small - medium and Giants. He intended for all of us to live together in peace and harmony.Then man decided to build a tower to reach heaven. That is when we were seperated to go our seperate ways. Cultivate our own lifestyles which gives us a multitude of diversities. All can be considered right or wrong, depending on the author. Now for the reason of my little tirade: When one dies his soul leaves his body. I have no idea where it goes. I believe they can be all around us or maybe God has a special holding area, or maybe there is reincarnation. This I know nothing about. What I do believe, our souls will go to either HEAVEN or HELL after our day of JUDGEMENT. Carholics believe there is a pergutory. Latter-day- saints believe it is shoal. The Readers Digest printed the studies of a Doctor who took a ward of patients who were going to die. Nothing could be done for them. He had each patient in a bed that sat on a scale. At the point of death each patient lost exactly the same amount of weight (just a few ounces each).He came to the conclusion that this was the weight of mankinds soul.The weight was exactly the same from a 300 pound or a 50 pound patient. I first thought that was the liquid a corpse lost on expiration but common sense told me - couldn't be because the liquid would still be in the bed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I made it a project to learn the truth

so, why did you stop with the bible? the bible isn't the truth about anything, other than it's full of parables to teach mankind how to live. in your search for "the truth" did you also happen to know that 90% of the bible was translated by european scribes who, for the most part, didn't understand how to speak or read hebrew? they therefore, ad libbed much of what they thought they were reading to suit their own convictions.

i'm not knocking you for believing in the *poof* theory...it's your right, however, please don't state that this is the actual fact on how mankind began. to believe that some "god" created 4 races of man is ...well...absurd. and, c'mon...bulding a tower to reach heaven????? LOL. that falls into what i said earlier: early man didn't have a scientific understanding of nature and his surroundings, therefore, it was much easier and simpler to state "god did it" than to actually spend time thinking about it.

if a bunch of people built a tower today trying to reach heaven, would you not think they were all crazy?? of, course you would...and why is that? because today you know that heaven isn't in the clouds. people back then were just more ignorant than we are today. it's time to show others you aren't like them and you've evolved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:55 pm 

I have a problem saying I do believe in ghosts, and yet my husband had a conversation with his dead aunt when he was younger. My husband is not one to say that ghosts exist. In fact I bet he would say they don't, but when he was younger staying at the old farmstead, sleeping in the room that was once his aunts room that had died at age 17 in a car accident she appeared. He said she came into his room through the open hallway door, went and opened the window. Now it was winter and it is Minnesota. She came back and sat on the end of the bed and talked to him. She asked about the family, how everyone was doing and things like that. When she was done, she left by walking into the closet. Now one would think that he was dreaming right? Well the next morning his mother, who is a very stoic norweigan, talked about seeing her in the hall and enter into the same bedroom. Also the window in the bedroom was open, and it was really cold in the room! These are not easily fooled people. Don't let the old movie 'Fargo' make you think we are a bunch of stupid folks up here. So anyway.....I have a hard time believing in ghosts, and yet have a difficult time not believing these two people. Oh, you will rarely get them to talk about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next