It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: You may like this mga.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

video that I am just begining to watch. I thought of you. :D Seems to be good so far.

http://www.thelastoutpost.com/site/1186/default.aspx

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Just finished watching it. I thought that it was an awsome video.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:45 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

lol...i'll never be converted, the video also relies heavily on the "what if" theory.

i posted what i believe in the the chit chat section about the universe. i don't begrudge anyone for believing what they feel they need to believe in, we all have our options open for us.

as for me, if anyone should be religious it should be me...i'm 55, i've done plenty of drugs, smoke drink etc etc and my years left are most likely numbered less than others. however, i can accept that without fear and i know in my heart that what i don't believe in is right. i don't fear death, nor do i fool myself into believing that there is some after life awaiting for me with virgins galore, or pearly gates.

we live, we die, just like any other living matter on earth, just like countless billions have before us and probably after us as well.

jesus...this sounds like a halloween story....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Mmmm. I must have seen a different video than you?? Lol, Now I'm confused. I was most definatly not trying to convert you. I just thought that it was interesting how all the organized religions seem to have the same stories going back to the begining, each new version ripping off an older version.

As far as the universe goes, I dont believe in the big bang, nor creationism, but that is just me. Always was, and always will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

CrimsonEagle wrote:
Mmmm. I must have seen a different video than you?? Lol, Now I'm confused. I was most definatly not trying to convert you. I just thought that it was interesting how all the organized religions seem to have the same stories going back to the begining, each new version ripping off an older version.

As far as the universe goes, I dont believe in the big bang, nor creationism, but that is just me. Always was, and always will be.

actually, i believe the oldest religion is judaism and christianity developed off of that. jews certainly were wise people in their own sense.

but, i guess man has always had some kind of religion to help him cope with life, death and everything around him he didn't understand. i would think that these days when just about anything can be explained religion would also take a more scientific route...i guess not. some religions just can't let go of the 5th century BC. lol

all kidding aside, i find creationism a bit over board for me. i never bought into the "poof" theory..even when i was little. i've always been into nature and stuff and science fascinates me. it's the only thing we have to find true facts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:06 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
lol...i'll never be converted, the video also relies heavily on the "what if" theory.

Sorry if I'm slow. Been very sick and my mind isnt quite here.

This video does not rely on the what if theory. It is based on historic fact. I dont mean to sound nasty because I am not meaning it this way, but did you watch the video? If not, thats cool. I figured that this would be a good weapon for you the next time that you had a disscussion with someone of organized religion, and I mean any organized religion.
Actually, I think that this is a good video for everyone to watch, believer, or non believer.

Oh well. I just want to make sure that you dont think that I was trying to convert you. I wouldnt think of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:06 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

relax, CE, i'm aware that you were not...i was just teasing you. i know you much better than that by now.

and, yes, i did watch the first 10 minutes or so of the video. i'm not putting it down, it just isn't my cup of tea, so to speak. organized religion or not, i honestly just can't bring myself into having any religion in my life whatsoever.

but, i'll tell you what...i was rather busy yesterday, doing the flooring, finishing installing a new boiler in the house, and installing new lights in a closet, i was kinda pressed for time....but, i'll sit down later and watch the whole video and give a reply....ok?