It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New TV Shows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:17 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

There's a few tv shows that I've been watching for the past few years that haven't exactly been "great," but they're something that keeps me interested. For instance, The Amazing Race. Other that the family edition, which really annoyed me because of the constant fighting amongst families, I really enjoy this show. It's very exciting. I, personally, also enjoy watching America's Next Top Model. I do understand how not all people can enjoy this show. It's full of high maintenance girls bitching all the time...I love watching it, though. .....New show, though....Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Very interesting show. I would definutely recommend watching it. Another is Heroes. I've been looking forward to this show since the first premiere! I only hope it stays this good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Been watching Heroes and find it very good. Also watching Studio 60. Don't watch much of reality television.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Heroes is an awesome show so far. I think they could even rename it "Hiro...and sidekicks." hehe. But, actually, all of the characters have been so interesting so far, and I can't wait to see how their powers develop. Wasn't the episode from last night awesome? I was so excited for it, too, especially after how last week's episode ended. (!)
I'm enjoying Studio 60, also...but I'm not sure how long the good episodes are going to last. I just kinda feel it very slowly slipping. I do watch it though, and am still enjoying it, so...
I watch the "reality shows" as a comedy. The Amazing Race is just exciting to watch because it's so quick paced. Top Model, where there's the girl coming out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:45 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I thought her walking up on the table was great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ya, me too. I usually have to peak through my fingers on scenes where people are cut/being cut open, but they made it fake enough looking (without being crappy) so that I could actually watch. I thought it was funny because my boyfriend was grossed out and turned away. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:09 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

LOL, the only thing that really bothers me is compound fractures. I cannot watch them. When she fell off the thing in the first show and her shoulder was weird, I freaked out. LOL Then when she was walking home and her ribs. YIKES.

My wife cracks up when I close my eyes. I am like 6'1, about 250 and have many, many tattoos and a long beard. I cringe like a baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I watch BBC America...love the Britcoms! :P ...or more recently, I've started watching Without a Trace on TNT..I hate the commercials, though.

Cold Case Files on A&E is good, and sometimes I'll kick back and watch the reruns of MASH on the Hallmark Channel. Democracy Now! and the Daily Show are my favorites, too, along with some stories on the History Channel.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Last edited by Catherine on Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

So, DK, are you as incredibly addicted to Heroes now as I am? The episodes keep getting crazier and better week to week.
I wish all men were as gifted as that cop. :D

Still watching Studio 60?...too bad Matt and Harriet didn't kiss. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yep, but unfortunatly I forgot to set the new tivo to record, so I missed this weeks episode. Have to go and download it and watch it before next week.

Also missed studio, damn I had forgotten about that one. LOL

We have a new HD Tivo and apparently there is trouble with the software. I have to reformat it about every two weeks, otherwise the voice and picture get out of wach big time. Kinda like watching one of those Kung Fu movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

There's actually some shows, like Heroes, Studio 60, and Lost, that I never watch on tv. I always download them. Hdtv, no commercials, etc. Much better. I usually go here: http://www.eztvefnet.org/ ...although I'm sure you already have a good place to go. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

let's see.....i'm a Law and Order addict, especially the ones with Elisabeth Röhm, and Boston Legal is another favorite. i might catch Survivor once in a while if i'm bored. other than that, if there isn't anything on HBO, Showtime, or Max, then i cruise the history or science channels. if those are duds, then i'm off into something else....usually on the computer or inventing something in the basement...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

:D we do think alike J. I usually am able to Tivo but, in case I forget I use the same thing that you apparently do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The one show of the season to watch, hands down, is Heroes.
Go watch it. Now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DarkKnight2 wrote:
:D we do think alike J. I usually am able to Tivo but, in case I forget I use the same thing that you apparently do.

hehe :lol:
....I do wish I had tivo though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:04 am 

I have no series that I watch. When I watch tv I usually turn on hgtv to see if house hunters or designed to sell is on. If not, I'll look for a medical type show. Medical mysteries or the Dr G, Medical examiner. Those are very interesting! Might not want to watch them if you have weak stomach though.