It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The American Empire doomed to failure
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:05 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Here is an article I came across recently. The article is suggesting that the US Empire is not destined to succeed for a number of reasons. From the article:

Quote:
There you have it: a country living beyond its means, heavily reliant on an overstretched military, which flinches from imposing tax sacrifices to get its accounts in order. History has not been kind to great nations that get themselves into this position.

Link below:

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0103-31.htm

Post subject: Re: The American Empire doomed to failure
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:20 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Just One More Thing.... wrote:
Here is an article I came across recently. The article is suggesting that the US Empire is not destined to succeed for a number of reasons. From the article:

Quote:
There you have it: a country living beyond its means, heavily reliant on an overstretched military, which flinches from imposing tax sacrifices to get its accounts in order. History has not been kind to great nations that get themselves into this position.

Link below:

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0103-31.htm

The U.S. is nothing more than an empire on paper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:57 pm 
I've heard it said that the Fed Govt (I prefer using this term, rather than saying "we", "us", or "America") has been on an Imperial footing since the War Of Secession. After conquering and subjugating the South (most today would call it 'freeing the slaves' and 'reconstruction'), the Fed Govt and its backers (Big Corps) turned West and continued conquering the Indians, and afterwards began looking overseas for conquests. I think the only 'legit' wars in U.S. history were the Revolutionary War and the War Of Secession. All the rest have been, soley, for the benefit of Big Corps and Globalists--the Financial Royalty, in other words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
After conquering and subjugating the South (most today would call it 'freeing the slaves' and 'reconstruction'), the Fed Govt and its backers (Big Corps) turned West and continued conquering the Indians, and afterwards began looking overseas for conquests.

Actually, the theft of indian land was at its maximum DURING the civil war. They took most of the Indian land while the world was watching the silly little war of economics that was going on.

There's only one thing to do to solve the war issue- Make a law making it illegal to wage war. I'm sure the neocons would go for that! :roll:

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.