SuperMember!

:D ..He's/she's a curly little pup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:00 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Nina wrote:
Picture of my silly pooch.

is he sick? he looks ill. fatten him up a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:29 am 

She's filled out quite nicely actually. Still a scrawny little runt, but after many trials of dog food she is now almost up to 7lbs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:21 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

7lbs!?! ...my chihuahua weighs more than that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:25 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

feed her some pizza and potato chips...the only food my dog doesn't eat is lettuce and rice cakes. anything else....and i mean anything else, is all fair game to her. you name it...she'll eat it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:35 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

My dog's the same way...but if lettuce is all there is on the floor, she'll make herself eat that, too. When it's something she actually likes though, she gobbles it down so fast, and without chewing, that she always chokes it back up. Dumb dog. Nothing I can do but feed her samll bites and hope she doesn't choke. She gets a bite of pretty much everything I eat, other than chocolate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:33 am 

I once had a dog that loved apples. She'd eat oranges and grapes too, but not this dog. I've never owned a dog that is so picky! She was so thin once that I started cooking her hamburger and rice, just so she'd eat! I'd catch my husband or daughter in the fridge eating her food and have to scold them. "Hey! Quit eating that. It's for the dog." LOL The other day I said to my daughter, our dog is a princess. My daughter looked at me and said, "No. Actually mom she is a diva". LOL I had to agree. The dog is a snob. shees

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Dogs (and cats!) are so funny with the things they eat.
I had a dog that used to pick apples off the tree, and cherry tomatoes off the vine. (We ended up having to fence off the tomato plant just so we could have some tomatos.) We thought she couldn't taste food until we threw her a pickle one day where she inhaled it, and then proceeded to spit it out. :P Silly dog.
I also had a cat that ate twinkies and marshmallows. Also, a cat that was a vegetarian. She wouldn't touch a piece of meat, but she'd gobble down peas that we'd give her. :lol:
Funny shit.

Guess your dog just needs more burgers. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:49 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Nina wrote:
I once had a dog that loved apples. She'd eat oranges and grapes too, but not this dog. I've never owned a dog that is so picky! She was so thin once that I started cooking her hamburger and rice, just so she'd eat! I'd catch my husband or daughter in the fridge eating her food and have to scold them. "Hey! Quit eating that. It's for the dog." LOL The other day I said to my daughter, our dog is a princess. My daughter looked at me and said, "No. Actually mom she is a diva". LOL I had to agree. The dog is a snob. shees

nina, i thought grapes weren't good for dogs. i thought i read that some where...maybe not. i give my dog grapes too, but i have to split them open first because, for some reason, she doesn't know how to eat something round. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:02 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I had a woman that raised prize German Shepard's tell me that natural food is the best. She feeds her dogs whole fish bones, guts and all uncooked, chicken uncooked and lots of vegetables.

I have two collies and feed them that Benitiful(sp) and mix it with carrots, peas, apples, banannas and just about anything else we have left over.

But, the female is loves to eat underwear and socks. I have to keep reminding the girls to pick up their clothes otherwise gone they are. I always know when that happened as she stops eating for a couple of days, then up it comes. Must be a collie thing, cause my male did the same thing until he was almost two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:44 am 

Eating the underwear huh darknight..... LOL I think there is something about dogs that will make them eat really gros things. Even my picky dog has been known to pull things out of the garbage. Blech! Jobot.....the apple eating dog doesn't sound so weird after having that one dog of mine, but tomatoes?! That is funny! The dog that ate the grapes mga....I would skin the grapes first and also cut them in half. I just realized why you got rid of your carpet and put in hard floors. It's that pizza you're feeding your dog. That must make nasty stains! lol My current dog seems to like chicken best of all foods. Even when I used to cook her hamburger mixed with rice? She would often pick out just the meat and leave quite a bit of the rice behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:16 pm 

Wow! Nina, that picture startled me!

I had two favorite dogs some time back. Zar and Charlie Brown. They traveled from California to New York and their owners decided to give them away. I was lucky enough to get them both.

Never had more wonderful dogs! And the picture of your dog is the picture of my Zar. She was very small and full of energy. She was my heartbreak dog.

I loved those dogs--but dogs get old and sick. I try not to keep them when they are very ill because I don't like being sick and wouldn't want someone keeping me alive for their own sake if I were ready and wanting to move on.

But I didn't want to have Zar go. It was killing me, knowing she would be with me for only a short time more.

I finally took her to the vets. The waiting room was crowded and I had to sit and wait even though I had called before going and they knew why I was there. Someone in the room found out the beautiful dog was being put to sleep and she came over and went into a tirade about selfish people who put animals down. She wanted me to hand the dog over to her so she could take her home with her.

I was fighting my grief, fighting this woman, it was a nightmare. Someone finally came to take Zar. I could hardly stand it. She picked her up and moved a couple of steps, then put Zar down on the floor. She DRAGGED my beautiful companion across the room by the leash, bumping her on the doorway on the way out.

I wanted to die.

Love your dog, no matter how many quirks she has. If she is anything like Zar, she will be with you forever...

I miss Zar and Charlie Brown more than you can imagine.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid