It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: U.S.Military Food,Just Add Urine!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:05 am 

Well,how low can this "administration"sink in depravity?
Our troops reduced to this?
I guess the Bushies are trying not to spend too much of the trillions of dollars they stole already from us,not to mention the billions they've already looted from Iraq,and who knows where else,that they can't afford to provide in any decent manner for the troops!
So they came up with this?!
Just read the following!

Rense.com
US Army Food... Just Add Urine
BBC News
7-22-4

The US military has devised a way to ensure its troops in battle need never go hungry - with dried food that can by rehydrated using dirty water or urine.

The meal comes in a pouch that filters out 99.9% of bacteria and most toxic chemicals, says New Scientist magazine.

The aim is to reduce the amount of water soldiers need to carry.

The firm behind it says soldiers should only use urine as last resort - as the membrane can not filter out urea, which in the long term causes kidney damage.

"The pouch - containing chicken and rice - relies on osmosis to filter the water or urine," the New Scientist Magazine reported.

The liquid passes through a membrane, thin sheets of a cellulose-based plastic with gaps just 0.5 nanometres wide.

It means only clean water can reach the food, and the bacteria is left behind.

'Indestructible sandwich'

The idea has come from the Combat Feeding Directorate, part of the US Army Soldier Systems Center in Natick, Massachusetts.

The organisation is also the brains behind the "indestructible sandwich", which can stay fresh for three years.

A spokeswoman said the dehydrated pouches would reduce the current weight of 3.5kg for a day's food supply of three meals, to 0.4kg.

But Hydration Technology Inc, in Albany, Oregon, which made the membrane, warned it is too coarse to filter out urea so soldiers should only use urine in an absolute emergency.

Engineer Ed Beaudry was quoted by the New Scientist as saying that the body would not find using urine to rehydrate food toxic in the short term, but in the long term it would cause kidney damage.

© BBC MMIV http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3915659.stm

Post subject: Urine, huh?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

What company supplies those meals?

I know of a company that supplies their boots, it's based in Puerto Rico, but I can't think of its name...however, boots don't need water to function, do they? But then, what's a few kidneys on a few soldiers, right? Bush has God on his side...and a bunch of blind, deaf, and mute people in America who plan to vote for him in November. :x

I recommend you send this info to MoveOn.org, carly...they may ignore it or they may do something with it. They're the ones after Fox News for their "fair and balanced" unreporting! Among other things, of course.

I "adopted" a soldier via www.adoptaplatoon.org and I send him drink mixes every month in a care package. He's not said anything about the food when he writes, which is seldom, but he does the best he can. I also make sure I include power bars and other food that he can stick in his pockets quickly.

Catherine