It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fact: This is good, every day.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:51 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

1. write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely all the time.

2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.

4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story evolution. your arms and remind them that YOU love them.

5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.

6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile it could make the difference. Also, you might consider supporting the local Hot-Line: they talk with people like that every
day.

7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families.

8. If you really want to make a difference, support a childrens hospital or community center.

9. Here's a good one. There are individuals & whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them (and I suspect you don't) buy some food & a few gifts & give them to the Marines, the Salvation Army or some other charity.

10. Finally if you want to make a statement about your belief in love, do things like this every day. And dont do them just for people who believe in the christian god, but do it for everyone. We dont need one day a year or one season to care. We should care about everyone, everyday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Outstanding. But, what happened to number 3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:19 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

DarkKnight2 wrote:
Outstanding. But, what happened to number 3?

Pray for gw? Thats a joke, he needs no prayers, but a brain. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Too funny. I spilled my coffee.