It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Should corporal punishment be put back in public schools?
Yes 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
No 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DarkKnight2 wrote:
Quote:
Have you ever considered switching to teaching college kids? cuz THEY all want to learn...

I thought they went to school to party and study when on break. LOL

That's after class...

PARRRRRRRRRRRTAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

they go to class to learn... not disrupt... cuz it COSTS too much...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Quote:
Stripey said: Yes... but discipline should take place at home not in the class room. If the children are unruly, punish the parents... and no, I haven't fully thought that out as to how...

I said it before and I say it still--these children are the products of neglect. Charge the parents with neglect and if they don't respond by doing a better job raising their children, put the children where someone will care enough about them to do that job.

Children who grow up believing the world owes them turn into thugs. Better to get them socialized early then to have to jail them in the future.

I say we make the parents responsible, not the teachers...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DarkKnight2 wrote:
Stripey you mentioning the cars in the parking lot reminded me of a kid who used to work for me. His parents were really wealthy but he wanted to work while in high school. He graducated while working for me and his dad bought him a new BMW for graduation.

One day he came to work driving a old beat up car. I asked him where the BMW was and he said.

"I told my dad, to keep it, I wanted to work for what I had and all I can afford is this car."

I was so impressed that a 18 year old said that. I am sure that his parents were very proud of him.

I hope that he is doing well and I also hope there are more out there like him. Oh, he was a very hard worker, did anything he was told to do, never late and never called in sick while I was there.

Wow... an exception...

most brats these days think they deserve the best and don't have to do anything for it... that's why they run up their's or their parents' credit cards by spending on extravagant items when a more modest one would suffice...

it's the I want it all now crowd... too bad they don't have the brains to know you have to work for it...

:roll:

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I've been doing some digging this morning and came across a little something down in Businesses Ban Bratty Kids...

I'd like jobot to explain why she tried to elicit our sympathy for her having to deal with unruly bratty kids at her witressing job, a job where she only sees these bratty kids for maybe an hour, once... and yet refuses to be empathetic to sadie for having to deal with bratty unruly children that disrupt her job, a job she went to college to attain and at considerable expense...

why is that, jobot?

why?

and one more thing... on page two of the same topic we have this...

jobot wrote:
Quote:
Children do only what they are ALLOWED to do.

I kinda disagree.

People, children included, do what they WANT to do..whether they're allowed to do it or not.
Example: I was brought up in a strict house. (At least when I was at my mom's.. :lol: ..my dad was a lot less strict. Ok, no rules. ) My younger brother and sister, who still live with my mom and step dad are brought up no differently. However, my little brother has a problem...with anything and everything. When he does things that aren't approved of, he's punished..whether it's no tv, video games, playtime, dessert, or a spanking. However, nothing ever makes a difference. His behavior is absurd, and has only gotten worse in the last couple years. He doesn't do his homework (and when he does, he throws it in the garbage on his way to class), he doesn't make friends because he's so mean to people, he says mean things to his sister (not me or my older sister of course-we'd beat his ass), he sets fires under his bed (!!)...anything that comes out of his mouth cannot be trusted. Anything that he does needs to be supervised. He can't be trusted to stay home by himself, or anything.
Is this my mom's fault? ... granted, I don't think a lot of the things that her and my step dad do are appropriate...but is it really their fault that he's this way? Or is it the fact that he's this way because it's the way he wants to be?

Does he do this stuff because he's allowed to, or because he wants to, and simply doesn't care what kind of punishment comes with it?

Link

Didn't you tell us earlier in this thread that you NEVER hit your siblings? and yet here... you say you do... so??? which is it?

...you got some 'splainin' to do... :twisted:

Now some of you may consider this to be a personal attack on jobot but I assure you it is not... cuz I expect you all to be honest here and when I find that you aren't I will ask you why...

no exceptions...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I never hit my siblings. That was a joke.

I'm not going to play games with you Stripey.

I'm done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

didn't sound like a joke to me, then... and it doesn't now at rereading either... sounds like you've been busted... sounds like you beat your brother's butt... but yet... you CLAIM to have not struck your siblings...

so which is it? Have you laid your hands on a child in anger or not?

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:17 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Think what you want Stripey. I know what I've done and what I haven't. I really don't care what you think.

I'm done here, so don't expect a response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

by done here, do you mean the thread or the forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:02 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

jobot wrote:
Think what you want Stripey. I know what I've done and what I haven't. I really don't care what you think.

I'm done here, so don't expect a response.

Good...

cuz jobot, I don't like people that fabricate their stories in order to inflict pain on our other members... so which time were you lying? when you said you didn't beat your brother or the time you said you did...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DarkKnight2 wrote:
by done here, do you mean the thread or the forum?

hopefully the latter cuz DK, there's only one thing I despise more than chickenhawkscum... and that's liars... I despise liars... :evil:

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:13 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

TheStripey1 wrote:

Have you laid your hands on a child in anger or not?

I bet you thought that beating your brother or not beating your brother was the ONLY time I've caught you prevaricating...

jobot wrote:
DarkKnight2 wrote:
Have you ever approached the parents of those children and asked them to seat their kids and or control them?

Absolutely. When I was serving, I noticed this annoying banging and realized it was coming from a child sitting at a table. The child was simply banging a toy against the table, while the parents seemed completely oblivious. I approached them twice about this, with nothing being done to silence the child. My manager wanted to ignore the situation.
In situations where kids are running around the restaurant unsupervised though, is where it really tests my patience. On numerous occassions I've nearly tripped over kids, who sometimes seem to be trying to trip you, and yelled at them. I've grabbed them by their hands and told them to take me to their parents, where I've proceeded to bitch them out for being so reckless and uncaring. There's only so much the workers can do though. It relies a lot on the managemnet.

..snip

Grabbed them by their hands? Sounds like you were reacting with rage...

Maybe you should look for another line of work... one where children aren't involved... but then with your lack of education, there aren't many open to you... I know... maybe you should be a bar tenderess cuz then you'd only have to deal with the adult children pinching your... well... you know...

Seriously tho... You do realize that laying your hands on ANYONE is considered to be assault in most munincipalities...

have you ever considered anger management?

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thank you for bringing that one up. I had forgotten that and let it slide. She is certainly glad that it was NOT MY KIDS she put her hands on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DarkKnight2 wrote:
Thank you for bringing that one up. I had forgotten that and let it slide. She is certainly glad that it was NOT MY KIDS she put her hands on.

Or on my cubs...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:45 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

All I can say is WOW. I guess it depends on the shoes you are standing in at the time.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:16 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

DarkKnight2 wrote:

spanking a child and bringing them to their parents are 2 totally different things, and on the other occasion, she said she wasnt serious. Im do see where anyone "caught" her on anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next