It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: introduction
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 am 

i am alot of things, but what drove me to find this website is what ill tell you about.

I am a college frosh who was learning about the Vietnam War. found out alot- from the making of nsc 68 to the gulf of tonkin incodent, and lots of the ins and outs that happend btwn.

actually from an early age i had always wondered what it was like for my parents, dealing with the so called "threat of communism" on the ordinary day to day basis of not knowing when they would be nuked. and when i started to learn about it this semester i began to conclude that what they dealt with was what i was dealing with. the tie? how about this so called "threat of terror" that we now live in.

everything was matching up perfectly; fear of "slant eyes in your market" is to communism: as fear of "camel jokey on plane" is to terrorism. further more going to war to stop a domino theory from taking place happend in southeast asia, the exact same thing is now taking place in the middle east.

when i learned that what happend to provoke us to finally go into an actual conflict in vietnam was a set up, gulf of tonkin, i then started to think to myself "was what prevoked us to start wars with ppl of mideaster decent, 9/11, a set up too???"

hence, here and now. this is how i got here. more than anything i am afraid of what i might find out- that what brought me here will be true. this is defenately a scary thing for me, and when i even try and tell someone about my thoughts on the matter i seem to automatically lose all credibility when i mention that maybe the leader of this nation lied, just like lbj had done in 1964.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:21 am 

welcome to the board bell. stick around for awhile and you will gain access to a mountain of info, insight and balanced commentary as to events/circumstances that have brought this nation into it's current status.

the viet nam conflict as you are studying has served as the glaringly clear model to show us the many parallels that line up all too perfectly with what is transpiring in todays iraq. the neocons from the extreme right squeal about how the two wars are vastly different but the majority of citizens and particularly voters have shown that they pretty much agree with the first assesment/analysis i mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph.

good to hear that you are a student of history. that's the main problem for right wing neocons.........the fact that history is actually recorded and that the overwhelming majority of people have access to it to use as a weapon to help reign in those like themselves who throughout recorded history use ignorance to ply thier darkest agendas.

i think you'll like it here on this site, there are some very good,
informative members here who'll help point you in the right direction on a plethora of issues/items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:33 am 

Yes, welcome belikecoy. As you study history you will no doubt know where the saying, "Everything old is new again" came from. Somehow we manage to repeat the same evil behaviors again and again.

And that means we have to relearn what we should have remembered from the last go-around.

As rooster said, there is a great deal of information here, and people who know what they are talking about. This is a far cry from the propaganda fed to us daily by our corrupt media.

Come as often as you like and add your own knowledge to that of others here. It should be interesting.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:48 am 

Welcome to TNL Belikecoy. We are glad to have a new face and more than glad to share any info we've come across in our own searches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Welcome. We are glad to have you. It seems you may be taking History. Amazing how we are supposed to study history so we can learn from our mistakes so we will NOT repeat them. It appears it takes us more than once to learn anything.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome aboard, belikecoy. :D

You might like to explore the History forum, and get to know some of the many history buffs around here.

Look around, check out the posting guidelines, find a discussion that interests you, then jump into the fray.

If you have any questions, the moderators are an excellent source of information.

We're glad you're here.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:25 am 

i studied this weekend.... found out lots of info. my initial thoughts seem to be true. controlled demolitions, cruise missiles, missing planes, all help me conclude that the us government either fully or partially knew about the crimes committed on 9/11... or were the actual criminals themselves.

kinda pisses me off that i wrote an essay earlier this semimester supporting the acts of woodrow wilson prior to WWI to sedate free speech in america during war time.... ah well, live and learn right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:46 am 

So, you wrote an essay advocating the suppression of free speech? Please share your opinion. What were the pros of this behavior? Or, if you don't mind, just copy the intro paragraph with your thesis statement. I am very interested on how someone could protray the loss of liberties as necessary. (Don't worry, I don't bite, I am just very curious)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd be interested in more information on your free speech essay, too, belikecoy. Be sure to tell us what your professor said about it!

However, please post it in the CENSORSHIP/FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION forum if you're going to take a stand on it, one way or the other.

Thanks....

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:19 pm 

i wrote the paper based on what i read. from what i read it was easy to see why the government didnt want an overthrow of the government. paper was based on a huge fear of the bolshiviks in russia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

welcome to the board, belikecoy...

:)

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates