It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Should corporal punishment be put back in public schools?
Yes 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
No 62%  62%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
I've grabbed them by their hands and told them to take me to their parents, where I've proceeded to bitch them out for being so reckless and uncaring.

What part of grabbing someone else's kids do you think is legal? Maybe it was in the same book that you were reading that said it was legal to beat and rape your wife. Still waiting for that one.

Let me see here. I am the one spanking my children. Another person is putting their hands on my children, grabbing them and then taking them to their parents. That to me is assault, abuse and in some cases might even be considered sexual assault. Hands are a sexual part of the body aren't they. :lol:

So she condems a teacher,principal a professional from paddling a child, but, it is alright for her, a perfect stranger to grab a child by their hands. Hmmm, maybe to many video games she is playing there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:31 am 
Hear Me Roar!

DarkKnight2 wrote:

Let me see here. I am the one spanking my children. Another person is putting their hands on my children, grabbing them and then taking them to their parents. That to me is assault, abuse and in some cases might even be considered sexual assault. Hands are a sexual part of the body aren't they. :lol:
Im just glad the law isnt so naive.

Quote:
So she condems a teacher,principal a professional from paddling a child, but, it is alright for her, a perfect stranger to grab a child by their hands. Hmmm, maybe to many video games she is playing there.
did we assume she was a perfect stranger in this situation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:58 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Im just glad the law isnt so naive

Are you even paying attention here? She says spanking a kid could be considered sexual abuse. I say it and you are glad the law is not so naive.

You made a comment to Dee about raping and abusing your wife and still have not provided proof to that.

You think the law would protect a person that grabs another persons child? Tell you what, I'll meet you at the mall and you can do that and let's see what happens.

Quote:

Of course not, nobody is perfect. But your denying what she did was wrong and yet argue that a professional is acting with rage when they discipline a child in their care, with I might add the parents permission.

You don't give permission, there is no punishment.

When she was asked to defend the statements she made, she did not. I am still waiting for your proof that raping and abusing your wife were legal. If you make statements as ridiculous as that, you must be ready to defend it and show proof. Which so far you have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

nygreenguy wrote:
DarkKnight2 wrote:
Thank you for bringing that one up. I had forgotten that and let it slide. She is certainly glad that it was NOT MY KIDS she put her hands on.

spanking a child and bringing them to their parents are 2 totally different things, and on the other occasion, she said she wasnt serious. Im do see where anyone "caught" her on anything.

laying on of hands, nygg... she laid her hands on the children while angry... and yet, chastised sadie for wanting her school ADMINISTRATORS deal with habitually unruly children that disrupt her class... and what about jobot saying she beat her brother's ass? she claims to do it on one thread... and then denies it on another...

The problem is nygg, here online all we have to rely on whether or not someone is telling the truth is whether or not their stories are consistent... truth is consistent... false hood by it's very nature is not

You know... I voted no in the corporal punishment in schools poll before I started reading the thread... but now, after reading about sadie's ordeal... I'm leaning the other way...

:twisted: Though... in my world... the parents would get paddled too... :twisted:

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

nygreenguy wrote:
DarkKnight2 wrote:

Im just glad the law isnt so naive.

Quote:

She's a waitress, nygg... working in a restaurant... did you even read the quoted passages? :lol: Maybe you should go check out the entire thread, I linked it above...

she was a perfect stranger to ALL the children she laid her hands on in anger... they were unruly children of the customers she was waiting on... you defend jobot and think it is ok for her to lay her hands on those unruly children while she waits tables, but not for sadie to want the brats taken care of that disrupt the class she is trying to teach... in school...

why?

In your world, nygg, are those that serve your food more important to you than those teaching your children?

why?

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd like to throw this discussion back into the fray. It's almost a year old, but still very much a hot topic in the educational field. Also, we've got some newbies who might like to add their two cents' worth. :wink:

If you've not voted, don't forget to do so!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:06 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Nope.

Tell me and I will take care of it.

As for what you are describing (on page 1), it seems surreal. Kids get suspended for turning a chicken nugget into a gun or hugging another person or forgetting to take the swiss army knife from boy scouts out of his jacket pocket at home, but that student is still in school? Wow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11