It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amusing contradictions at the NY Post
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:38 am 
Hear Me Roar!

A friend sent me a link to an article showing the contradicitons in a columnist at the New York Post. It seems that a columnist had two versions of the same column running --- with very different takes on Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Is it me, or are some people on the Republican spin machine getting a bit dizzy?

Quote:
http://www.radarmagazine.com/exclusives/2006/12/post-1.php
NY Post's Andrea Peyser Suckles, Slams Obama in Same Day

As a political columist for a right-wing tabloid, it's tough to know just which Democrat to hate on. The confusion revealed itself yesterday in the ramblings of New York Post columnist Andrea Peyser, who completely reversed her views on Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton from one edition of the paper to the next. That's right: Two different versions of the same column appeared in the paper on the same day—one supporting Obama, and the other slamming him.

Depending on which version of her rantings readers encountered, Peyser either praised the Illinois Senator and probable 2008 Democratic presidential candidate as a "rock star" who has admitted to coke and pot use ("About time," she said), or chided him as "The Rev. Al Obama."

Post owner Rupert Murdoch is a reliable Republican propagandist, but he has a pragmatic streak that sometimes cuts against his politics. Murdoch famously threw a fundraiser for Clinton and bestowed his paper's endorsement upon her for Senate, but the Post's marquee gossip column is unsparing when it comes to the Clintons' personal lives.

The later version of Peyser's column, which is featured on the Post's website, slams Obama as a lefty extremist with no chance of beating Hillary. Could it be that the only thing the Post's puppetmasters might fear more than another Clinton is a skinny kid with a funny name?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:38 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Good idea... bet on both sides, that way you are sure to win in the end and have some one beholding to your support... works for the TriLats... :roll:

welcome aboard will...

extends paw... :D

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:01 am 
Hear Me Roar!

TheStripey1 wrote:
Good idea... bet on both sides, that way you are sure to win in the end and have some one beholding to your support... works for the TriLats... :roll:

welcome aboard will...

extends paw... :D

Gladly shakes your paw!!!

Murdoch's agenda may not so much be ideology as his own advancement. Mind you, I have always been mildly amused at a few contradictions between Fox News --- which tries to portray itself as supporting traditional values -- and the Fox Network, whose programs might seem a bit risque at times to some who follow Fox News.

Post subject: I wanna be a rock star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:09 pm 
There may be a fallacy in this story. Just maybe. (I'll tell you a secret, the real anger and resentment is for Murdoch and Fox)
[img]http://rockstarmovie.warnerbros.com/index_flash.html[img]
In the movie Rock Star the tag line used is...... quote
'The story of a wanna be who got to be'
There are 4 sentences in the first story that are commentary about Osama the rest are either about Hillary or details about Obama's life.
(By the way, am I the only one that is a bit disturbed by #7? More on that later. )
And these 4 sentences are interpreted as suckling or supporting of this guy. Get real. She describes him as a rock star that has done illegal drugs and admitted it (unlike his future opponents spouse...sorry I couldn't resisit but it's TRUE) has a nice smile, drew a big crowd and doesn't need a focus group before speaking (like Hillary does).
Now the last bit may be a tiny morsel of praise in that Andrea may like or respect him more than she does Hillary. Hell I do too even though he's ashamed to tell people that he's half white. (That must break his mom's heart). But it is light years from suckled. The little know about him from reading this scares me. I would not consider him for a position washing dishes at my restaurant. Why would the Dems want him as Pres or VP? Because he had a meeting with Ludacris the rapper? I could not put the lyrics of one song that belongs Ludacris on this site. The guy is vulgar to put it mildly. The Dems are prone to the star struck oblivion that many roadies endure. Have you ever known a successful roadie? NOPE! Andrea simply states a few fealing then follows with some facts. Facts don't lie and are the same everywhere...feelings change everywhere all of the time.....Never base a decision about someone or buy something based on feelings. That is impulse buying and what is going to happen to dems if this guy gets elected is have buyers remorse of the worst magnitude. Fine by me.

As for #7 Barak says he doesn't tell people he is half white because he suspects to do so would ingratiate himself to whites. I'll bet Ludacris would agree with him on this.
News flash ' Barak has racial tendencies!'

The notoriety given to Obama and the high hopes for his future may be an indicator of the state of Tyler Gray's political party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi, rocket1967...welcome to TVNL. :D

I'd appreciate it if you'd go by the INTRODUCE YOURSELF forum, tell us a bit about yourself, how you found TVNL, and let everyone give you their usual warm reception.

FYI...To post an image here at TVNL:

1. Right click on the image.

2. click on PROPERTIES

3. Highlight the ADDRESS

4. Right click on the highlighted ADDRESS

5. Click on COPY

6. Click on OK

7. Return to the message window. Go to EDIT at the top of the page, and click on PASTE.

8. Highlight the pasted address.

9. Click on IMG, and it should appear in the window.

GO HERE TO READ THE FORUM GUIDELINES

Thanks for registering.

Catherine

Quote:
the real anger and resentment is for Murdoch and Fox

Why do you say that, rocket? Are you a Fox News-Rupert Murdoch fan? Do you like or dislike Barak Obama? IMO, Obama has a lot of political potential, but I'm not at all sure he's ready yet to take on more than his role as a Senator.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Last edited by Catherine on Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:08 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Rocket1967, welcome to the boards!!

I am somewhat puzzled by your point, and was amused at the typo in your post (Osama for Obama).

Your point seems to be that we should not trust just on feelings, and to get to understand Senator Obama's positions. I agree with this, as I have to judge a person by his positions, his actions, and yes, by my instincts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:55 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I've been a fan of Obama since he spoke at the Dem Convention back in '04... great speaker...

he may still be a lil inexperienced for the job of president but when you consider the experience our current one had before he became president then hell... why not? He damn sure couldn't do a worse job than bush...

purrsonally, I like the Gore or Edwards/Obama ticket...

:roll:

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:43 am 
Thanks for the tips Catherine.
And I agree Will that I got a bit lost in my point. But you are right, I think the last post proves it.
We like Obama because he is a good speaker, has nice teeth and hangs with the Stars. These all are based on feelings and I guess it feels good to support someone that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.
To say that Obama could even sit in the same room with GB is a joke. How old is Obama anyways?
Fact is he is getting alot of attention and pressure to raise his sites. This is from the Dems and makes me wonder where are all of the tenured established leaders that took over control a few months ago. Surely the labdslide was not due to Obama.
I will ignore the cuts on GB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:14 am 

Just to prepare you, Rocket, you will hear many, many cuts on W 'round here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:42 pm 
Does anyone want to address the half white issue? He states that he doesn't tell people he is half white because he suspects to do so would ingratiate himself to whites. Maybe he he fears being labeled an Uncle Tom. Or if it would jeopardize his reparations check. Better to be forthcoming with half a check than no check i say.

This leads to a larger topic of how do mixed children fit in to the affirmative action scheme?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:16 pm 

Wow. I don't even know how to address such blatant racism and such an attempt to rile us up. Awesome way to start off!

Well, take me for instance, I am 1/4 American Indian which, by all rules, means I could receive tution assistance for American Indians and I would qualify for other types of assistance. Yet, I have never done anything to get this assistance because to me, I am just me. Not half "white", 1/4 Indian, 1/4 Austrian. What does it matter if he is half white? Why is that something that he should constantly disclose? I am fairly certain that most rational people don't give a shit what race/ethnicity he is as long as he does a good job.

And what on earth does any of this have to do with affirmative action?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Maybe he he fears being labeled an Uncle Tom.

Why do you say that? An Uncle Tom? :lol: :roll: One would have to be very ignorant and extremely racist to refer to Barak Obama in that way, rocket. Are you characterizing yourself as being in that category?

Your W is white and one of the most ignorant people to ever walk the face of the earth...yet, you choose to "ignore" that, don't you? I don't give a big happy hoot whether the color of a person's skin is black, white, brown, spotted, or purple...if he or she is capable of doing a good job of leading this country back from the brinks of hell to which your president has taken us, he or she will damn well get my vote.

Yes, I'd like to know what this has to do with affirmative action, too.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:43 am 
OK maybe I was a bit strong in my choice of words. I assure you that my redemption has alleviated the prejudices that surrounded me in my childhood. I was being facetious by presenting possible (yet extreme) explanations for his actions. I do not expect him to constantly disclose his ethnicity, I did not say that. I was hoping to provoke an answer to my question. It is the second time I have asked it and still have not seen an answer. I am seeing counterattack and diversion that is tempting to be averted by and seems a bit shallow. Once injured feelings subside I hope to have one logical explanation. It disturbs me that he (appears to me) he is disavowing such a vital part of himself. WHY?

As for affirmative action I have wondered how my four mixed nephews, Ashton 7, Peyton 6, Cameron 4 and Jayden 2 would be treated and categorized as they grow up. I have watched and evaluated how they see and react to their environment. We have created a society where your race classifies you as having certain traits. As lefty stated he could get tuition assistance because he is 1/4 Indian. So all Indians must need tuition assistance if that is the prevailing criteria for such a program. I hope that explains my interest in how mixed children will be treated by affirmative action...will they be included or excluded. More later
R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

rocket1967 wrote:

To say that Obama could even sit in the same room with GB is a joke.

Have you been off-planet for the past six years? If not, please explain why you consider your Bushgod to be so overwhelmingly superior to a mere mortal like Barak Obama.

rocket1967 wrote:
I will ignore the cuts on GB.

:lol: I bet you will ignore cuts on your King George, since there is no way to defend him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:23 pm 
OK here's another non answer...please respond to my inquiry ...anyone?

Bush is much more experienced and proven...Barak is an unknown....careful everyone tempted to fall for this guy...