It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

rocket1967 wrote:
It disturbs me that he (appears to me) he is disavowing such a vital part of himself. WHY?

I answered your question in another thread. It's none of your business.

Now, please explain why you feel that Obama is not fit to sit in the same room with the glorious shining light of your Bushgod.

I won't hold my breath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:03 pm 

rocket1967 wrote:
OK here's another non answer...please respond to my inquiry ...anyone?

Bush is much more experienced and proven...Barak is an unknown....careful everyone tempted to fall for this guy...

Yes, Bush is much more experienced and proven--in failing in EVERYTHING he has ever done!

This is your god? Your belief is in failure?

That is a question, time for you to do some answering.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You got a problem with someone who is mixed? He looks black, therefore he must consider himself black. Who goes around saying "I am mixed"? Why should he have to explain? I never explain to anyone I am part Irish, German, and Indian. Should I? What mixture are you? Do you explain that to everyone? Are you a racist? What is your problem about him being half white? Or is it the other half that bothers you?

Quote:
Bush is much more experienced and proven...Barak is an unknown....careful everyone tempted to fall for this guy..

More experienced at what??????? [smilie=to funny.gif]

Lying? Being bought out of dangerous situations (like serving his country)? Failing companies? Being a failure period? Yep, he is highly qualified and more experienced in ALL of the above.

You know what? I am a gambler. I would take my chances on ANYONE replacing the criminal we have in office now. They certainly can't be any worse! At this point the only way to go is up. We have hit rock bottom with this monkey we call dubya.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:27 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

sadie53 wrote:
We have hit rock bottom with this monkey we call dubya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:59 pm 

Shoeless, I believe the caption in that photo is, "I will bring honor and dignity to the White House someday--by leaving it!"

That is the only way he can honor anything, especially the Presidency.

What grits my teeth is that we will pay him his salary and health benefits for the rest of his life, while our vets are going without...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:24 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Shoeless, I believe the caption in that photo is, "I will bring honor and dignity to the White House someday--by leaving it!"

That is the only way he can honor anything, especially the Presidency.

What grits my teeth is that we will pay him his salary and health benefits for the rest of his life, while our vets are going without...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:53 am 
Thanks shoeless, is there anything else thats not my business? I forgot you were in charge here....obviously you are the grantor of all privileges, must be quite a rush...everyone has it...

dori and sadie well I am glad to hear from u as welll

Post subject: Obama vs JFK
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:39 am 

rocket1967 wrote:
Thanks for the tips Catherine.
And I agree Will that I got a bit lost in my point. But you are right, I think the last post proves it.
We like Obama because he is a good speaker, has nice teeth and hangs with the Stars. These all are based on feelings and I guess it feels good to support someone that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.
To say that Obama could even sit in the same room with GB is a joke. How old is Obama anyways?
Fact is he is getting alot of attention and pressure to raise his sites. This is from the Dems and makes me wonder where are all of the tenured established leaders that took over control a few months ago. Surely the labdslide was not due to Obama.
I will ignore the cuts on GB.

Obama is older than JFK was he when was elected president. George should consider himself lucky if Obama were to let him in the same room, the pure EVIL of the man must just reek off him like spoiled onions.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

rocket1967 wrote:
Thanks shoeless, is there anything else thats not my business?

You just don't get it, do you? A person's ethnicity is a private, personal matter. If someone wants to publicly discuss it, fine. If someone tells you they do not want to discuss their ethnicity, then it is none of your damn business.

I'll tell you what. From now on, whenever you see a stranger with skin darker than your's, you walk up and ask them about their ethnicity. If they don't want to talk about it, keep bugging them. Then come back and tell us how long it took before someone punched you in the nose.

Now, please answer my question. Explain why you feel that Obama is not fit to sit in the same room with your Supreme Bush Being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:31 am 
The question remains....there has to be another explanation...I am not concerned with his ethnicity it is his embarrasment of it....you will probably never get it....
how many times have you filled out a form and been asked your race?
Happens alot! The response that it is not my business is not acceptable.
R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:42 am 

What is it, Rocket, that makes you think he is embarrassed of his race?

I don't see him as being embarrassed at all.

I have a question for you though, say he looked "white" (fair skin, smooth hair--for the purpose of this example), yet, he was still the same racial mix. Would it bother you if he never declared that he were "black"?

It appears to me that you are only bothered about this because he's not a plain ole white guy. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:59 am 
His race does not affect my opinion of him at all. I am interested in his his statement - that is all.
However his statement infers that if he were more open about it that he would be viewed less favorably by blacks. More directly it says that to appear to be ingratiated with whites is a ttrait he does not desire. That is the meat of my point. Am I wrong, is there an alternate explanation?

I will give you the answer. Because to tell or talk or appear to do so about his ethnicity too frequently would give rise to the accusation of seeking favorable treatment for his white side. He is or could be a young man with abundant ambition and a bit of stubborness that desires to achieve based on his own merit. If that is so then he has my respect regardless of party affiliation.

Of course my initial thoughts were quite different as earlier discussed and castigated with what I feel was undue critizism. But I still feel there is a possiblity that the reason my at least partially be due to his demeaning view of an ethnic group.

Finally my gut instinct is that too many expectations are being placed on him and that the rush to support him by many is based limited or no knowledge or perhaps simply because someone else has.

Even the vehement rush to protect him is a bit startling.
R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:10 am 

rocket1967 wrote:
His race does not affect my opinion of him at all. I am interested in his his statement - that is all.
However his statement infers that if he were more open about it that he would be viewed less favorably by blacks. More directly it says that to appear to be ingratiated with whites is a ttrait he does not desire. That is the meat of my point. Am I wrong, is there an alternate explanation?

I don't understand how him saying that he doesn't talk about it infers that he thinks he would be viewed less favorably by black people. I think its saying "I am not a race, I am a human. Take me for what you see." At least, that's how I perceive the statement.

Quote:
I will give you the answer. Because to tell or talk or appear to do so about his ethnicity too frequently would give rise to the accusation of seeking favorable treatment for his white side. He is or could be a young man with abundant ambition and a bit of stubborness that desires to achieve based on his own merit. If that is so then he has my respect regardless of party affiliation.

If you can fathom this, why is it so hard for you to understand this may actually be?

Quote:
Of course my initial thoughts were quite different as earlier discussed and castigated with what I feel was undue critizism. But I still feel there is a possiblity that the reason my at least partially be due to his demeaning view of an ethnic group.

Wow, I'm impressed with your new vocabulary considering a few posts ago you were spelling things incorrectly right and left. Good. I am glad for this expansion.

Quote:
Finally my gut instinct is that too many expectations are being placed on him and that the rush to support him by many is based limited or no knowledge or perhaps simply because someone else has.

I don't know if I am ready to support him for president or anything. Right now, I have yet to learn enough about him. But people are fickle and often follow trends. Also, you must try to realize that much of the pressure already placed on him to run for pres has been placed on him by (1)the media and (2)the republican party (much in the same way they have wished for Hillary to run. I can expand upon this further if you wish.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:28 am 
Lefty you seem more civil than I remember and I appreciate it. But it took me giving an explanation and your response to get an answer to a question I asked days ago and however many posts...I was labeled a racist, pedophile and placed just below the common hemmoroid on the food chain in the process.

The fact remains that there could be another explanation since noone here could come up with the answer so graciously supplied. He said that at 12 or 13 I think he stopped telling folks his mom was white. That is awful young to do for idealistic reasons and could indicate cultural pressures....where did he grow up? Can you see my point?

Anyways I think it is interesting that you say Republicans are pressuring him to run and the implications...please expand on your point I am interested.
R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

rocket1967 wrote:
The question remains....there has to be another explanation...I am not concerned with his ethnicity it is his embarrasment of it....you will probably never get it....
how many times have you filled out a form and been asked your race?
Happens alot! The response that it is not my business is not acceptable.
R

When I am asked that question on a form I put HUMAN. I think most of us belong to the same race, human.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL