It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Target Iran: The Truth About the WH Plans for Regime Change
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:18 am 

AMY GOODMAN: Today on a Democracy Now!, we present an in-depth discussion between two figures who have been very critical of the Bush administration's policy on Iran. Scott Ritter is a former United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq. He recently wrote the book, Target Iran: The Truth About the White House’s Plans for Regime Change. Seymour Hersh is the Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist for the New Yorker magazine. In October, Scott Ritter and Seymour Hersh held a public conversation in New York about Scott Ritter's new book. Seymour Hersh began the conversation.

...snip...

SCOTT RITTER: Well, as I mentioned in the back, where I talk about sources, most of that information is readily available in the press -- not the American press. You’re not going to read about it in the New York Times, you’re not going to read about it in the Washington Post, you probably won’t read about it in most mainstream English-language newspapers. But, you know, we used to have an organization in the CIA called FBIS, the Foreign Broadcast Information Service, that would translate the newspapers of the various nations around the world to give you literally a bird's-eye view of what’s going on in that country.

Interview at link.

Democracy Now!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:32 am 

ahhhh seymour hersh. i read an interesting article by him some months ago in which he ran through a hypothosis/scenario in which he explained how g w bush could possibly become the supreme ruler of the u.s. well beyond his madated 2 terms of office.

this guy has his shit together and is a guy that is well worth listening to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:56 am 

I didn't get to hear that program, although if you have broadband you can see and/or hear it at the Democracy Now! site. By reading the transcript, I can see it was a great show.

But then, there are few Democracy Now! shows that aren't great!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid