It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Found Post on Site ... DU ... We appear evil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:25 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

We appear evil - The Salt Lake - Tribune11/20/2004http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_2469436

A bubble of interest seems to be occurring on the Web: Google recently had 360,000 hits for “depleted uranium” all within a 24-hour period. I've been following reports of the United States' use of depleted uranium ammunition over the past couple of days on the Web. Our use of this poison has hurt our troops and the people of Iraq and Kosovo. It appears that thousands of tons of this very dense material were used in the Gulf War of 1991. It was used in Kosovo and again in Iraq. It is radioactive and remains dangerous virtually forever, longer than man has walked on Earth. Its most horrible effects appear not from cancer, but in human fetuses. We have been terrified by the thought of some terrorist setting off a dirty bomb and poisoning a U.S. city. Meanwhile we have spread radioactive uranium all over Iraq. Who answers to the Iraqi mothers whose babies cannot live, poisoned in their wombs by dust or vapor from uranium. The earth, air and water in Iraq has been contaminated by our use of depleted uranium munitions. We would call it a war crime if someone else did it. We've sunk to the level of our adversaries the terrorists. The radiation dangers are long-term effects. In the short term, the attack on Fallujah during Ramadan is just the perfect recruitment device for future terrorists. We do appear evil.

Steve Worcester - Salt Lake City

[END]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, If the shoe fits
Sir...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I have been following/researching DU for a couple of years, Sir Irate.

I agree... We are evil, at least those of us/them that support the war and DU's use in it. But I am not a supporter of either.

Call or write your congressional reps every week and let them know you are against it's use.

I fear for our planet... I fear for future generations...

I have quite a few sites saved somewhere... I'll look them up and share what are still online... but... I have to tell you... it is a depressing topic to research... really depressing...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject: DU & Etc ...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

My Niece's husband was over there for awhile and he seems ok so far,
but one never knows when something might crop up. *sigh*

I don't know if they will ever try to clean it up, but I doubt it could even be done. It wasn't bad enough they used it, but they kept using it.

I could go on and on, but I guess it has all been said. Sad, so sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Aye, Sir Irate, it is sad...

The really bad part is that, this time around, they used it extensively in urban areas... shakes head... and then sent our troops in to occupy the same buildings they shot up with the DU...

and how about that sand storm at the beginning of the Invasion... blowing across the area of DU contamination from the first gulf war... I watched that storm and knew our boys were in grave danger...

Scary...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates