All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Selective Service to test military draft machinery
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Selective Service to test military draft machinery

Mike Sheehan
December 21, 2006

The Selective Service—the federal agency that would be integral to any draft effort by the Bush administration—will perform tests on its system equipment, The Associated Press is reporting.

Selective Service "is planning a comprehensive test of the military draft machinery, which hasn't been run since 1998," writes Kasie Hunt. "The agency is not gearing up for a draft," an agency official told Hunt, and "the test itself would not likely occur until 2009."

Bush's Secretary for Veterans Affairs, Jim Nicholson, meanwhile remarked that "society would benefit" should the draft return; he later issued a press release stating "he does not support reinstituting a draft."

Fear among Americans of a military draft are rising as the situation in Iraq worsens. President Bush yesterday admitted for the first time that "the United States is not winning the war in Iraq" and said he is seeking expansion of U.S. armed forces.

LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:54 am 

This little hint by our wonderful "bumper car" President.. about needing more troops... Does he think we have a growing waiting list for those wanting to join up? I think not!!. So, no volunteers, means a draft is coming..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:24 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Nothing wrong with a draft as long as everybody goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:26 am 

recruiting numbers are at all time lows.............wonder why?

most polls/studies i've seen point to the farce in iraq as being the top reason.

now we have the very real prospect of a likely trumped up bushicon schtick of a story to prepare us for the coming invasion of iran as well. i can't wait to hear the frickin lies they're gonna attempt to lay on us.

when the dems expose this these war criminals in the blackhouse for who and what they truely are recruiting numbers will go down even further.

the bushicons will have no other choice but to employ the draft that will be needed to ensure the filling the body bags draped with the stars 'n stripes. but what they'll be dying for is the almighty dollar bill NOT for the socalled security of the american people.

1 thing i don't quite understand though is why the recruitment center doors aren't being knocked down by gop supporters who if you listen to them talk they pathetically insist that what the bushicons are doing in iraq is a noble thing . if they truely believed the bushicon bullshit there would be no need for a draft. but the reality is that the number of registered repuglicans who would be eligible for military service aren't any more willing to die for a lie either.

i remember the old film clips from WWII after pearl harbor that showed guys lined up for blocks hundreds of feet long to get into the military. the difference between now and then is back then there was an ACTUAL threat to this nation and now it's about oil/money.

impeachment hearings can't get here fast enough for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Military considers recruiting foreigners
Expedited citizenship would be an incentive

By Bryan Bender, Globe Staff | December 26, 2006

WASHINGTON -- The armed forces, already struggling to meet recruiting goals, are considering expanding the number of noncitizens in the ranks -- including disputed proposals to open recruiting stations overseas and putting more immigrants on a faster track to US citizenship if they volunteer -- according to Pentagon officials.

Foreign citizens serving in the US military is a highly charged issue, which could expose the Pentagon to criticism that it is essentially using mercenaries to defend the country. Other analysts voice concern that a large contingent of noncitizens under arms could jeopardize national security or reflect badly on Americans' willingness to serve in uniform.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:25 pm 

Wow, that is so ironic (or maybe just flat out insane), considering that we are supposedly doing so much to keep the "emeny" out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:57 pm 

A year or so ago, I was sent all the paper work to become a draft board member. I'm still waiting..

Last edited by King Fisher on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:25 am 

what was your rank while you served kf?

and btw, welcome to the site, heard some fine things about you and thanks for your former service to our stars 'n stripes.

so you thinkin the draft reinstitution is a done deal then? i'm bettin it is as well.

the bushicons are already pushin the pr propagada machine into full steam ahead mode to prep all the koolaid drinkers into thinking that the impending invasion of iran is going to be somehow justified.

i'm thinkin it's the bushicons only option left to avoid the soon coming impeachment proceedings that are likely to expose the heinousness of the felonious crimes that have been committed by themselves. the big strategic problem for them is that there isn't likely going to be a gop president available after the 08 election who'd be willing to grant full pardons for them as ford did for nixon.

one scenario i can see happening is a twisted agenda that could bear out through the above mentioned invasion/bombing of iran that could potentially spin out of control to the point at which bush couls in fact use to declare martial law. author seymour hersh kind of brought about these same points that could very well play out as being the bushicons only get-out-of-jail-free card.

i can smell the rat from clear over here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:37 am 

rooster, The Navy was changing so much, it was becoming apart at the seams so to speak..