It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Generals Promote Christianity Inside the Pentagon
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:34 am 

The Department of Defense's own web site contains references to a DOD conference with senators three years ago, in which a high-ranking general, who is still active, is quoted as suggesting the Iraq War is a religious war. Senator Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican and majority whip, is quoted as saying: "[The general] speaks of Muslims. He says, quote, 'They're after us because we are a Christian nation.' He speaks about his conversations with other ... with Muslims, and he speaks of one where he says, quote, 'I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God, and his was an idol.' And he also says, quote, 'God, not the voters, chose President Bush.'"

Weinstein claims military organizations have become highly promotional of Christianity, with military arm patches suggesting crusades, a biblical quotation posted over the door of a military classroom, evangelical organizations pushing members to propagandize service members, and the wholesale use of military e-mail to send religious messages.

Crusades anyone?

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/122606L.shtml

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:25 pm 
Involved
Involved

I see it as rank stupidity. They are after us cause we are Christian? if Christianity were the issue wouldn't they go after the vatican instead? Oy these people make me ill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

In most religious documents you can find examples of gods fighting other gods for supremacy, just like countries fight each other. The parallels are uncanny- how merciless they each are. But hey, until one is left standing, stating that it was meant to be from the beginning, the insanity continues. Bragging rights goes to the last one standing.

Babylon Revisited. Sounds like a "New World (Religious/Political) Order" was intended and prophesised from the beginning.

Unfortunately it is merely another example of a self gratifying, self fulfilling prophecy, so it becomes the example of how truly unimaginative or intelligent the human species has evolved into.

Gods and War go together like Peace and Love- one is real- one an illusion.

As B. Franklin once said "There was never a good war or a bad peace."
Wonder if its antithesis would be- There was always a good love and a bad god. You Know- Pass the lord and praise the ammunition- The battle cry of the Republic. Gotta have an enemy- even if its only in your mind.

If people believe these generals, then ignorance truly rules our lives. There's obviously a large block of ignorant desperate lonely losers who believe all the hype and privilege that they are fed, that policies like NCLB designed, has brought to fruition. All that MSM sensory assaulting is finally paying off. Did the new generation come to realise what choices they really have left? No, the dreams still linger, because if these recruits to civilization believe these stories that they are fed, then they are obviously sleepwalking. Perhaps NCLB should be reworded as to describe its true intent- Most Children Left Behind- The 8 Ball.

Soon there will be a draft or mandatory enlistment. And the beat goes on. Drumming up recruits for god. This is always the trouble with what we believe is sane and normal. Are generals really gods representatives? Or are they merely careerists who know what helps mold the obedient slave. Beat it into them with your well used drumsticks- threats and bribes. A few well sewn promises, like citizenship, don't hurt either.

Quote:
'They're after us because we are a Christian nation.' He speaks about his conversations with other ... with Muslims, and he speaks of one where he says, quote, 'I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God, and his was an idol.' And he also says, quote, 'God, not the voters, chose President Bush.'"

Second hand information and hearsay evidence at best, obvious bias and bigotry- all encompassed in a few lines. Spanning the gamut of power and oppression. With this kind of influence we are doomed to wars until there is no one left to fight. Are we witnessing the rebirth of the wild west's legacy?

When generals can do this and get away with it, then obviously our gods are war gods. If this is the case, perhaps god has 6 stars!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:08 am 

Quote:
Pass the lord and praise the ammunition

Interesting way of looking at it. Hadn't thuoght of that myself. Fits, though.

I wonder how many of the super Christians know 'we' and 'they' are worshipping the same god? How much do they know about their own religion?

I think people make up their own gods as they go along...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid