Post subject: CNN ASKS 'WHERE'S OBAMA?'
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

CNN asks 'Where's Obama?' in segment on Bin Laden

RAW STORY
Published: Monday January 1, 2007

LOOKS LIKE CNN MAY BE TRYING SOME OF FAUX NEWS STRATEGIES

A Monday night broadcast of CNN's Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer confused America's "number one enemy" with one of America's most popular senators, RAW STORY has learned.

During a January 1st broadcast of Wolf Blitzer's nightly news program, a pre-commercial preview of the show's next segment included a story on the hunt for Al Qaeda's leadership. Over a photo of Osama Bin Laden and his second-in-command Ayman Al-Zawahiri, Blitzer stated, according to the transcript, "Plus, a new year, but the same mission. Will 2007 bring any new changes in the hunt for Osama bin Laden?"

But instead of asking "Where's Osama?" the graphic over the two Islamists read "Where's Obama?" referencing the surname of popular Illinois Democrat Senator Barack Obama.

LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:53 am 
Hear Me Roar!

It's just a bunch of BS. Get it? BS. I mean, it's either Obama or it is Osama

oBama or oSama

But, the real issue, if true and copying the techiques of Fox is that people in charge of things like media think people are stupid or ignorant and uninformed. And, that is what they must believe otherwise they would not do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:26 am 

ahhh yes, the subliminal mind control that is beginning to take over the koolaid drinking public mentality. it's sooo easy.

Post subject: Wolf Blitzer was an AIPAC lobbyist
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:08 am 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Blitzer

His agenda is not America, so he will attack anyone who is against the war in Iraq.

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

NOW COMES THE APOLOGY

Quote:
Blitzer apologized during this morning's coverage of the Gerald Ford funeral.

"I just want to make a correction, an apology, Soledad, for what we did yesterday. In 'The Situation Room,' we had a bad graphic," Blitzer said in a transcript delivered to RAW STORY by CNN's public relations staff. "We were doing a piece on the hunt for Osama Bin Laden in this new year 2007. Unfortunately, instead of saying "where is Osama," it said "where is Obama." I'm going to be calling Senator Barack Obama to make a personal apology."

A CNN employee also told RAW STORY an additional apology was offered by Soledad O'Brien earlier in the morning.

Bullshit...that was no bad graphic...that was Blitzer's way of making a talking point with the kool-aid drinking, turd-ingesting Bush supporters. Sure, Blitzer came out and apologized, but even the apology allowed him to call attention to the comparison between the names of OBAMA and OSAMA. It's a ploy, and one to which Blitzer subscribes religiously. Remember, Blitzer isn't a real journalist.

Quote:
Initially, a variety of news organizations and pundits began pointing out that Obama's middle name was "Hussein," given to him by his father who was born and raised a Muslim. In early November, Chris Matthews on MSNBC suggested that the "Hussein" moniker will "be interesting down the road." Republican pundits and strategists then began referring to Obama's middle name more pointedly. On an MSNBC broadcast, GOP strategist Ed Rogers said Obama's full name with a deliberately heavy emphasis on his middle name, and radio show host Rush Limbaugh later called him "Barack Hussein Odumbo." (A list of these and other Obama-related incidents are available at Media Matters for America.)

http://mediamatters.org/items/200612200005

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:13 pm 

Catherine wrote:

Bullshit...that was no bad graphic...that was Blitzer's way of making a talking point with the kool-aid drinking, turd-ingesting Bush supporters. Sure, Blitzer came out and apologized, but even the apology allowed him to call attention to the comparison between the names of OBAMA and OSAMA. It's a ploy, and one to which Blitzer subscribes religiously. Remember, Blitzer isn't a real journalist.

Precisely... I'm sure Blitzer had the apology ready too.

Post subject: Re: Wolf Blitzer was an AIPAC lobbyist
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:59 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

yankhadenuf wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Blitzer

His agenda is not America, so he will attack anyone who is against the war in Iraq.

If I had known this guy was a former AIPAC lobbyist I would not have sent the email I sent him in early 2002 right after the infamous Axis of Evil Speech.

Link to speech here

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITIC ... peech.txt/

Notice in the picture here, the evil one sitting behind Bush

I suggested to Wolf that one of the reasons for the fingering of Iraq in this speech was for the protection of Israel. What a collosal waste of time. What a small world this really is. Something like that ( his affiliations ) should be brought to the attention of the public. It is the same thing on financial show. People have to identify their interests and who they are working for and if there are any conflicts of interests. I do not watch much TV now, so this is not a great big issue for me now. But, if I was to see Wolf Blitzer on his show my whole attitude would change. And, I would be listening very carefully to his questions and his answers.

Post subject: Re: Wolf Blitzer was an AIPAC lobbyist
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:05 pm 

Just One More Thing.... wrote:

I suggested to Wolf that one of the reasons for the fingering of Iraq in this speech was for the protection of Israel. What a collosal waste of time. What a small world this really is. Something like that ( his affiliations ) should be brought to the attention of the public. It is the same thing on financial show. People have to identify their interests and who they are working for and if there are any conflicts of interests. I do not watch much TV now, so this is not a great big issue for me now. But, if I was to see Wolf Blitzer on his show my whole attitude would change. And, I would be listening very carefully to his questions and his answers....

It's frustrating for me to see the byline they always have under Bill Kristol's name when he "guests" on a political talk show... they always say he is "Editor of Weekly Standard", you never see "President of the PNAC".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:32 pm 

Lol i cant belive they use so cheap tactics to demonize someone, first i think its typo, but buttons S and B are not even close to ech other, thats leads me to thought that was made on purpose to make people hate him.

I am european dont know much about america, but is there some ellection close by where Senator Barack Obama want to participate?

Then that would explain his demonisation in public eyes, but again i cant belive one can use so cheap tactics.

Btw making apology wont work quite well cuz some percent of people whos seen this report may not see actual appology and even those who seen apology may have idea that Obama rhymes with Osama...

I really wanna hear theyr explanation how/why they typed Obama instead of Osama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:07 pm 

JohnSmith wrote:
I am european dont know much about america, but is there some ellection close by where Senator Barack Obama want to participate?...

The less you know, the more you'll like us ... tee-hee, just kidding, we're the peace bunch here... welcome aboard!

You are very perceptive... Obama wants to run for President in 2008, and he is very popular everywhere he speaks!

Post subject: V V
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:58 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

They might be trying to bring attention to him also. (Obama)

During one of the elections in Canada, someone came up with the idea that they should make fun of Jean Chretien. (Prime Minister) He had had a stroke when he was younger, which left his mouth a bit crooked. They thought by calling him crooked mouth and etc, they might gain some ground. It enraged a lot of people and others felt sorry for him. Those who came up with that idea soon realized they had created a monster. It is hard to say if it made any real difference in the election, but Jean Chretien did go on to win.

Just thought I would mention that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I remember when he was finance minister he said the opposition was accusing him of speaking out of the side of his mouth and he responded only as Chretien could- "But dey speak out of bot sides of dere mouts!" It was a clasic Chretien.

Making apologies doesn't do anything. people hear only what they want to hear, and will self censor anything to the contrary, without even questioning both sides of the Mout.

Put it out there, let it spread and grow, then apologise on page 6! The mouthpiece monkeys and media Bingo Callers take it from there.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

[quote="DO.g's"]I remember when he was finance minister he said the opposition was accusing him of speaking out of the side of his mouth and he responded only as Chretien could- "But dey speak out of bot sides of dere mouts!" It was a clasic Chretien.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah .. Dat sounds like him!