It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Site Name Suggestion - MediaAndTheTruth.Org?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:24 am 
Involved
Involved

This is just a suggestion. I think the people who post here are intelligent and in tune with what is happening in the media and the world, especially as it pertains to our government.

I also think this site deserves more attention then it might receive ordinarily, perhaps due to the name, TVNewsLies.org.

I did a search on Google for a site name I came up with called mediaandthetruth.com, and the same name .org. There are no sites with that name. I understand that it might be more of a hassle than it is worth but, I dunno, whaddya tink?

Best,

Ric Larson
(rrlarson)

Post subject: It is an extra expense
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are incorporated as TVNL. The TvNewsLIES website is less that 2 years old and we have had almost 3 million visitors. Even though the board has few members our growth for such a new site is excellent.

We are actually pretty well established in certain circles. Several hundred sites link to us and the list grows daily.

Actually the board is very new. This board came on line last August. I accidently destroyed the original board. I only recently started to promote it (mid January). We have had a nice surge in membership since then, even though a lot of newbies are not posting. Also, I noticed that just this week (Thursday) web seearch engines are directing people to the board. They have been hitting the main site but not the board. This will surely bring in more people.

I like the name you suggested but I do not think a new name will change things. It takes a long time to establish a web precence. We are actually growing at a nice clip for such a young site.

It also costs money to register names and then it cost money to permit multiple domains to point to the same site.

Again, I like your idea but it is a lot of work. Perhaps in the future we can add a domain name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:06 pm 
Involved
Involved

Thanks for your input Jesse. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that to change the name would in effect mean to start all over again. Nice numbers! Keep up the good work.

Ric