It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A question to homosexuals
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Why is it that gay men sometimes act like woman? ie high pitched voices, walkng with a sway etc and why is it that some gay woman cut their hair short and dress like a man? I mean the whole thing about being gay or homosexual is that you are attracted to the same sex so why try to be the other sex?

I think those that act that way are simply gender confused and maybe not really a homosexual. Maybe they really want to be a woman or a man. Does that still make them a homosexual? If a man has a operation to become a woman is he still gay?

Post subject: Re: A question to homosexuals
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:44 pm 
DarkKnight2 wrote:
Why is it that gay men sometimes act like woman? ie high pitched voices, walkng with a sway etc and why is it that some gay woman cut their hair short and dress like a man? I mean the whole thing about being gay or homosexual is that you are attracted to the same sex so why try to be the other sex?

That's like saying if I dress and act as a man I must not be interested in women. Come on. That's so dumb. Did you really do this post, DK2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:42 am 

Who we are is genetically predetermined. If someone has hormones of one sex that are stronger than the other sex, I suppose he or she would act according to those hormones.

I would also think if someone had a sex change they would then be a person of that sex. Period.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:56 pm 

Very well put, Dori. Also, I think a huge problem in our society is the idea that certain characteristics are either "male" or "female"--boys play with trucks, girls with dolls--I think the farther we get away from this sort of stereotyping, the better everyone--gay, straight, male, female, transgendered--will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I am a man, I am attracted to woman. I love woman. A woman is attracted to a man. We do not change who we are.

A man is attracted to another man and the other man starts acting like a woman. ???????

A woman is attracted to another woman and that woman starts acting like a man??????

My question was if they are attracted to the same sex, why do they then start acting like the other sex? If a man wants somebody to act like a woman, why not just find a woman. The same for a woman.

So maybe we should just take them and try to change them back to normal. That would solve their problem.

Of course that is just my opinion. Others can have theirs no matter how wrong they are. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:03 am 

Again DK, this is genetics. Who one is attracted to is determined by hormones, not by one's physical appearance or makeup.

If you know a way to change a person's hormones you may be on to something--but the homosexuals I have known have no desire to be different than they are. It is hetrosexuals who are determined to change homosexuals.

People who want to live someone elses life for them are generally people who are not happy with their own lives.

Jesus said to take the beam out of one's own eye before trying to remove the speck from someone elses. He did have wonderful advice--I think they are called laws aren't they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:28 pm 

I disagree with your use of the word "normal". I think you chose to believe certain things are normal and certain things are abnormal. It is a matter of perception. You say you "act like a man", right? So, what are the characteristics that define someone as "a man"? What characteristics define a "woman"?

In my opinion, people are people. Each one of us has a huge combination of different traits and no two people are identical in them. This is a good thing, this creates an interesting and awesome world of people.

Read up on gender roles, there are some valuable things you could learn. I know, for my part as a parent to a male child, I try very hard to never put rules on him as far as what is considered "normal" by society. He's allowed and encouraged to make his own decisions on what he likes, doesn't like, how he behaves (not including bad behavior--violence, rudeness, etc.). Toys aren't girl toys or boy toys. He can chose to play with whatever and he chooses how to express himself.

Quote:
Society prescribes arbitrary rules or gender roles (how one is supposed to and not supposed to dress, act, think, feel, relate to others, think of oneself, etc.) based on one's sex (whether one has a vagina or a penis.) These gender roles are called feminine and masculine. Anyone who does not abide by these arbitrary rules may be targeted for mistreatment ranging from not being included in people's circle of friends, through the cold shoulder, snide comments, verbal harrassment, assault, rape, and murder based on one's (perceived) gender identity.

click the link below to read more:
http://feminism.eserver.org/sexual-gender-identity.txt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Are you asking DK to look up something? To use his search engine before he engages in pointless discussion intended to show us how small his worldview really is. Let him squawk on. he is looking more like the fool he is when he was flirting with jobot. And he wonders why people are the way they are. Must be a beam that was inserted from ear to ear.

You understand that there is more to life than blinders, so I will help you and give you 2 references to read. I know how difficult it is for you to google and get some information that would piut a small semblance of intelligence in what you post , but hey, that would be too much like getting informed.

Why is it christians gravitate to this position of gay bashing? Is it because their lives are so hypocritical and shallow that they have to point at others to make sure they don't get pointed at? Those who are weakest in real spirituality are always doing this kind of bigotry. Funny how they ape their leaders. They are merely phony copies of what decent human beings could be.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/10/scien ... yt&emc=rss

Quote:
By NICHOLAS WADE
Published: May 10, 2005
Using a brain imaging technique, Swedish researchers have shown that homosexual and heterosexual men respond differently to two odors that may be involved in sexual arousal, and that the gay men respond in the same way as women.

The new research may open the way to studying human pheromones, as well as the biological basis of sexual preference. Pheromones, chemicals emitted by one individual to evoke some behavior in another of the same species, are known to govern sexual activity in animals, but experts differ as to what role, if any, they play in making humans sexually attractive to one another.

The new research, which supports the existence of human pheromones, is reported in today's issue of The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences by Dr. Ivanka Savic and colleagues at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireSt ... 991&page=2

Quote:
By RANDOLPH E. SCHMID AP Science Writer

WASHINGTON May 8, 2006 (AP)— Lesbians' brains react differently to sex hormones than those of heterosexual women, new research indicates. That's in line with an earlier study that had indicated gay men's brain responses were different from straight men though the difference for men was more pronounced than has now been found in women.

Lesbians' brains reacted somewhat, though not completely, like those of heterosexual men, a team of Swedish researchers said in Tuesday's edition of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

A year ago, the same group reported findings for gay men that showed their brain response to hormones was similar to that of heterosexual women...........

There is a wealth of information for you to find, but if you wish to remain vague and lazy then go on being uninformed.

DK sez-
Quote:
So maybe we should just take them and try to change them back to normal. That would solve their problem.
Speaking of changing people, there is a cure for christianities problems. We can change you with psychoanalysis into a normal human being too, because christianity has no physiological excuse for its problem and unlike homosexuality, it can be cured.

There is hope for you. Tell me about your familyand growing up. Now I know life has taught you not to trust people, but try and be truthful to the DR. for once.

Send me a PM if you're too embarrassed. I understand. I'm here to help you deal with your unmet expectations.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject: Normalcy and Confusion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:06 pm 
As far as what's "normal" and who's "confused," can anyone explain why "heterosexual" men, at a rate of several billion dollars a year in annual sales, are masturbating to images of ejaculating penises, anal sex, and "lesbians?" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Good points GR. Check this out from the Queer eye on a straight guys evil eye.

http://www.petertatchell.net/masculinit ... %20men.htm

Peter Tatchell is a member of the gay rights group OutRage!, and the author of "Safer Sexy: The Guide To Gay Sex Safely" (Freedom Editions/Cassell, 1994).

Woman’s Journal, January 1999

Quote:
WHAT STRAIGHT MEN COULD LEARN FROM GAY MEN - A QUEER KIND OF MASCULINITY?

PETER TATCHELL says gay men show that being a man doesn't have to involve machismo.

The vast majority of violent criminals are men. Our courts and prisons are crammed with male offenders who have mugged, vandalised, raped and burgled. The cost to the taxpayer is staggering, and the suffering caused is immense.

Blaming men is, alas, a little too simplistic. When it comes to crimes of violence, it is not men in general who are the culprits but a very specific type of man. As well as being mostly young, poor, uneducated and unemployed, violent criminals are overwhelmingly heterosexual. Although not all straight men are thugs, nearly all thugs are straight. It is disproportionately young male heterosexuals who revel in the machismo of violence and vandalism. They are the ones who go on the rampage terrorising women, smashing up council estates, robbing the elderly and getting into drunken fist-fights.

Gay men, in contrast, rarely participate in such belligerent behaviour. Usually more gentle and refined, most of us queers prefer to love men rather than fight them.

So why are straight males different? Macho attitudes begin in childhood, with boys toys and games that encourage competitive, domineering behaviour. Not surprisingly, many young men end up viewing rivalry and aggression as normal male conduct.

This normalisation of the macho mind-set is reinforced and legitimated by cultural icons of masculinity, such as tough-nut football stars like Vinny Jones and action-movie heroes like Bruce Willis. These symbols of modern maleness link being a 'real man' with machismo and womanising. Their public personas promote the idea that a hard, uncompromising masculinity is not only sexy and desirable, but also part and parcel of the socially-prized state of male heterosexuality.

Gay men deviate from this masculine norm. We are generally (though not always) less fully masculinised than our straight counterparts. This queer 'unmanliness' is, in fact, a great virtue. It is precisely our incomplete embrace of masculinity and our unwillingness to 'act like a man' that - thankfully - makes so many gay men disinclined to violence. Looking at gay celebrities like Marc Almond and Boy George, it is difficult to imagine them terrorising anyone - except perhaps with their make up.

I just recently saw Brokeback Mountain and to me the reason so many straight guys don't want to see this movie is because they may see too much of themselves in it. fear is the thing that triggers them, but funny too is the fact that when they go to jail, they can do it without thinking that there is anything wrong. Perhaps the closet effect of being in the Privacy of your little crowbar hotel gives you the right to indulge in sex with men while pretending to be straight.

This is also true of pedophiles- over 80% claim they are straight.

http://www.ralliance.org/TVC_RecruitChildren.html

Quote:
Response to the Traditional Values Coalition:

Homosexuals Recruit Public School Children

If one wants to keep gays out of the schools to prevent them from counteracting the mischaracterizations that are the daily experience of many how would one go about it? The most efficient and effective way is to appeal to the fear parents have when it comes to their kids. Nothing makes a parent move swifter or with more purpose than when they think their children are in harm’s way.

The Traditional Values Coalition has attempted to use the parents of school age children to further their purpose of denying gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people equal treatment under the law and inhibit their ability to counteract the falsehoods spread about them. They attempt to accomplish this by claiming a LGBT presence in the school system presents a danger to children.

They set the stage by using language that is meant to alarm, inflame and frighten…
“homosexual allies want to decriminalize sex with our children”…
“are pushing for aggressive recruitment programs in public schools.”
“sexual predators"
“homosexual militants”

They play on the ignorance or lack of understanding of Homosexuality or Gender Issues.

They equate homosexuality with pedophilia. They claim age of consent issues are gays wanting sex with kids. This sends parents into protection mode. What bigger fear does a parent have than their child being sexually assaulted or molested?

Boy doesn't this help describe the narrow minded fear filled religious dogma that homophobes live with. Imagine being so mentally crippled by fear that you have to invent enemies to keep from accepting that the real problem lies with the bigoted individual and his fear filled programming.

Here's another great article that goes into the right's abuse of facts and figures to "FIT" the facts into their agenda-
http://www.internationalorder.org/scandal_response.html

Quote:
Dr. Gene Abel is a Professor of Psychiatry at Emory University and a former president of the National Society for Behavioral Medicine. He has been a researcher in the field of sexual violence for over twenty-five years and has published over 100 scientific articles. A number of years ago, Abel completed an eight‑year study for the National Institute of Mental Health of 403 child molesters. He found that child molesters do not usually fit popular stereotypes:

Most of us think that a child molester is a rather slimy individual( a stranger in town, sitting in his car near a schoolyard, luring children with candy. Our findings reveal that, on the contrary, the child molester is not a stranger, but is someone we know well. He often is a man we trust, a man our children trust. . . . As a rule, he is married and has children of his own whom he usually does not molest. He is almost always a well‑respected, even loved, member of his community. He is often an active Christian who is involved in his church.

In his study, Dr. Abel found that nonincestuous offenders against boys have many more victims than nonincestuous offenders against girls; specifically, offenders against males averaged approximately 150 victims, while offenders against females averaged only 20 victims. This statistic has been used by the conservative Christian group Focus on the Family, which claims that since homosexuals molest seven times as many victims as heterosexuals, “homosexuals, as a group, represent a serious threat.”

However, Gene Abel explicitly states that most cases of boy molestation cannot be attributed to homosexuals:

[M]ost men who molest little boys are not gay. Only 21 percent of the child molesters we studied who assault little boys were exclusively homosexual. Nearly 80 percent of the men who molested little boys were heterosexual or bisexual, and most of these men were married and had children of their own.

Based on Abel’s statistics, if approximately 33 percent of all molestations are male-on-male, and 21 percent of these cases are committed by homosexuals, the actual percentage of molesters who are homosexual is 21% x 33% = 6.9%. Keeping in mind that even the best surveys have a margin of error of a few percentage points, this figure is pretty close to the figures usually given for the total percentage of homosexuals in the overall population, which is about five percent. In other words, homosexual males are not a significantly greater threat to children proportionately than straight males. (In fact, one could argue that since the number of molestations committed by females is relatively rare, it is clear that lesbians pose less of a threat to children than straight males.)

So DK if youre going to post trash and flaming material and excuse it with
Quote:
Of course that is just my opinion. Others can have theirs no matter how wrong they are. :wink:

I'm sure that most bigoted people feel this way until they are shown that they are wrong. Hope this is what you were looking for when you asked your question. Have we covered all the things you were going to question? Thank us for having the foresight to see what you were doing and go ahead and answer all your questions, like we knew you were going to ask them anyway. Of course, that is just my opinion. Of course you're entitled to yours, no matter how wrong it is!:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:05 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I never brought religion into it. Never hinted at it, did not even cross my mind. How easy it is to attack. I asked a question. I was simply wondering if any of the homosexuals that frequent this forum would care to answer.

Apparently they are still in the closet and do not want to come out. Again I ask the question if a man is attracted to another man and has a relationship with that man, why does that other man then start to act like a woman?

If a woman is attracted to another woman, why does the other woman choose to act like a man and wear manly clothes and cut her hair so she looks more like a man?

In my opinion if they were attracted to the same sex they would want them to remain that way and not want to change them.

When I married my wife, I had no desire to change who she was. I fell in love with her.

Why is asking a question causing all this hostility? I put a :wink: next to my statement just as what's his face put next to his.

edited..confidential info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:35 am 

Religion aside, I think if you read the many things we've all referenced here, you will see that we are using different definitions.

I don't think certain behaviors are only male or only female. A woman whom has sex with another woman may or may not act "manly". That being said, I've known plenty of women who have sex with men who act "manly". Some of us are more comfortable not trying to live up to weird and unreasonable expectation set by people like yourself.

I'm a woman who has sex with men, yet I don't wear make-up, rarely jewelry, etc. I'm strong (emotionally) and tend to lead rather than follow. My hair is long and I shave my legs...so this is all a contradiction to your odd suppositions of what should be feminine or "womanly". I also know plenty of men who cry, like the color pink, aren't ashamed or embarrassed to watch Brokeback Mountain and enjoy it because it was a really good movie. And guess what? They aren't homosexuals...

Regardless of whether you put the little winky icon next to your post or not, you posted a question intending to offend. It offended me just from the point of view of a feminist. You suppose your narrow views on the rest of us and I don't like it. I think you have more than shown yourself to be something other than you originally pretended. I find it hard to believe that you even bother to come here anymore. You don't like us, you don't share our viewpoints, you aren't willing to even consider what other people think or feel...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The topic of this thread was "A Question TO Homosexuals." It might have been better phrased if it was "A Question ABOUT Homosexuality."

Many times a topic can be misleading and the content be about something else entirely, with perhaps just the barest of touches on the title itself to maintain some integrity and continuity. Nowadays, too, the topic of homosexuality will almost always become woven within the fabric of religion. It's unavoidable because if there wasn't a religious taboo placed on homosexuality, there probably wouldn't be such a ruckus about it.

Personally, I believe homosexuals are simply people who have chosen a lifestyle that is right for them. I also personally think it's a rather tired topic as it's been debated and discussed ad nauseum...there's not much of anything that's not been said about it, both pro and con.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:37 am 

I have no idea whether there are homosexuals posting here or not, nor do I care. If this was supposed to be a question TO homosexuals, DK must know something others here don't?

We have been talking ABOUT the topic as Catherine stated. And the topic lives on because 1) too many religions condemn homosexuality and 2) too many people have an uncomfortable feeling they may harbor homosuxual desires themselves and want to 'chase those feelings away'.

In reality, there is nothing wrong with being the person god made you to be. If a person is homosexual and people try to make him/her ashamed of who they actually are, shame on the persons trying to shame someone for being the person they were born to be. (Did I say 'shame' enough times in that paragraph? Shame does terrible things to a person.)

This would be such a wonderful world if every person could be all they were born to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:16 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I think we need to first define, specifically, what you mean by "woman", and the stereotypes you seemingly bring along for the ride.