It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: uncovered Genocide?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:01 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

With COX-2 decision, no longer any doubt about FDA corruption and U.S. drug racket

Quote:
"Following the death of as many as 60,000 Americans from COX-2 inhibitors (source: British Medical Journal, author Dr. David Graham, FDA drug safety researcher), an FDA advisory panel has now voted to allow the drugs to return to the market with full FDA safety approval. The fact that a single COX-2 drug has reportedly killed more Americans than the entire Vietnam War is apparently not sufficient for the FDA to characterize it as unsafe."

60,000 Americans? British Medical Journal? Killed more Americans than the entire Vietnam War?

My brain (what little is left) is screaming "NO WAY JOSE!" so can someone here say it aint so Joe?

http://www.newstarget.com/004728.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:18 pm 

RavioLee,

Here's an article in today's NY Times you might be interested in:

10 Voters on Panel Backing Pain Pills Had Industry Ties

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/25/polit ... r=homepage

-Eva

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:50 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

yeah I get the NYT in my Email so I already read that, what I'm questioning is the British Medical Journal. In the original quote above the BMJ is a link, when I clicked on it, I was sent to another article, same site, talking about dentists. So I'm questioning the BMJ's reliability.

Is it safe to 'assume' the BMJ has knowledge we don't? I mean I understand the mass media is withholding info from us, but 60,000 Americans have died? Due to the drugs that were pulled from the shelves?
60,000???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:19 pm 

I can't understand why the BMJ link links to an article about dentists. That also makes me question the reliability of that report. Here's something else I found, but I was not able to find anything reported in this country about 60,000 deaths due to COX - 2 Inhibitor's.

C4 News Special Report
New drug warning
Link: http://www.channel4.com/news/2005/02/we ... ugs_t.html

The one thing that has bothered me for some time though is how our government doesn't allow us to by drugs overseas because they can't guarantee the safety of overseas drugs. Meanwhile we have had drugs that were FDA approved pulled from the market due to health concerns. It seems to me that just because something is FDA approved does not mean that it's safe.

-Eva

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:43 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Quote:
The one thing that has bothered me for some time though is how our government doesn't allow us to by drugs overseas because they can't guarantee the safety of overseas drugs. Meanwhile we have had drugs that were FDA approved pulled from the market due to health concerns. It seems to me that just because something is FDA approved does not mean that it's safe.

Well I also read and heard about how the FDA warned us that drugs from Canada can't be trusted. The article questions Any deaths reported in Canada due to these drugs? But yet 60,000 deaths from Cox-2??? and the FDA says they're safe? wth!

There must have been deaths reported caused from these drugs to be pulled from the shelves to begin with, but 60,000? I also heard the US lifted the ban on beef from Canada the day after Canada reported the latest Mad Cow Disease found. Now that I believe, but I need more proof on the number of deaths caused by Cox-2. In order to place any reliability on what the BMJ says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:34 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

actually, what I should have said is that I need more proof that the BMJ even said that, not just that NewsTarget said it.

Regardless, I did a google search on Dr. David Graham
http://www.mercola.com/2004/dec/18/vioxx.htm

Quote:
Dr. David Graham, associate director in the FDA's Office of Drug Safety, called the FDA's approval of arthritis drug Vioxx, "The single greatest drug safety catastrophe in the history of this country or the history of this world." Graham went on to cite the following statistic: A staggering 88,000 to 139,000 Americans suffered heart attacks and strokes as a result of taking Vioxx.
Graham's Future
Tom Devine, Graham's lawyer, stated that Graham would be exiled from his duties of reviewing drugs and placed in the office of the commissioner. Devine described this position as "filling space under the scrutinizing watch of a babysitter."

typical, but ouch just the same.

Post subject: Cox11 ...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:50 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Well, I don't know how much of this is true and those are hugh numbers. Still, if it is true, it tells us one thing for sure. They could care less what they throw on the market. Which shows they have little regard for life. Like the use of DU weapons. Military Industrial Economic Chemical Complex. I have zero faith / trust in the FDA. Just think about what you are eating these days.

Sir ...

---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:50 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Quote:
Just think about what you are eating these days.

I don't wanna think about it :lol: that's just it. Not only what we eat, but what's in the kibble we feed our pets. We're between a rock and a hard place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will seek some info from some medical contacts, Raviolee. It may take me awhile, (my brother-in-law is an MD and another BIL works in another branch of medicine) depending on when they get back to me with an answer, if they can even give me one. I'm a bit suspicious of that 60,000 number. Too many zeros, IMHO.

As to the food, that's why I grow a lot of my own food and can and/or freeze it, so I KNOW what's going in it. It's hard work but worth it. :D

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:19 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Thanks Catherine.
I get info from http://www.animalwelfarenews.org/

Quote:
FDA Body Count:
163,172 Americans
have been killed by FDA-approved drugs and organized medicine this year (source: Death By Medicine)

most of it I find interesting, some I question, like the figure amount above.
It also links to a Dr.Mercola reguarding natural healing and nutrition.
You say you grow your own? that's great, way to go! we have mostly clay for soil and I don't trust it anymore then the water (well) around here.
I even hesitate to tell where I'm living presently because of it :lol: