It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Few More Accurate and Scary Bush Quotes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:04 pm 

Just a few more accurate Bush Quotes that should scare eveybody.
No deception here!

And what speeches or words will today's children recall? What words will they have to remember of Vice President Cheney or our current President? Mr.Cheney has no problem using vulgarities when speaking to a Senator. From various speeches of President Bush, besides, "Wanted Dead or Alive, Bring Them On, and Those Not With Us Are Against Us", we have the following from various press conferences and speeches:

"As you know, these are open forums, you're able to come and listen to what I have to say. Look, our strategy is to create chaos, to create a vacuum.We will export death and violence to the four corners of the earth in defense of our great nation. But as a result of evil, there are some amazing things that are taking place in America. You can fool some of the people all of the time and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. This is a regime that has something to hide from the civilized world. I will seize the opportunity to achieve big goals and we will export death and violence to the four corners of the earth in defense of this great country and rid the world of evil."

"GOD told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem of the Middle East. I'm the commander; I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I own anybody an explanation. There will be no more protests if body bags return home. You don't get everything you want. A DICTATORSHIP would be a lot easier. If this were a DICTATORSHIP, it would be a heck of a lot easier. A DICTARTORSHIP would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the DICTATOR."

"What's all this whining about the environment? They're always talking about "stop the clear cuts". I mean do the math people. If we were out of trees then we wouldn't have any clear cuts to be complaining about now would we? You f---ing son of a bitch. I saw what you wrote. We're not going to forget this."

The above quotes are from an article,by Judith Moriarity,
Titled:Ceaser,"The Man Who Would be Dictator" 7/13/2004

you can read the entire piece at:
(http://www.rense.com/general54/
dictator.htm)

It would do all of us well to remember what this monstrosity is
really all about,as revealed in /by his own words and deeds!
Bush IS NOT A CHRISTIAN,and DOES NOT REPRESENT MOST CHRISTIANS!!!!!

carly101

Post subject: Scarier and Scarier!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

"GOD told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem of the Middle East. I'm the commander; I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I own anybody an explanation. There will be no more protests if body bags return home. You don't get everything you want. A DICTATORSHIP would be a lot easier. If this were a DICTATORSHIP, it would be a heck of a lot easier. A DICTARTORSHIP would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the DICTATOR."

hmmm, I wonder how God speaks to Bush...In whispers? In dreams? In some kind of physical sign? In what language? Bush can barely speak English, much less understand it.

It never happened, guys! Do you know why?

IMHO, if Jesus (or God for that matter) appeared before Bush, dressed as he's often portrayed in Biblical art, with dark skin, long hair, and a beard, Bush would keel over in a dead faint...thinking the terrorists had arrived at last and had gotten through all the Homeland Security alerts, protective devices, and Secret Service people set in place to protect him.

How stupid can you get? The real mystery is the sheer numbers of American idiots that believe him! :evil:

Frankly, if I was a religious person, (which I'm not....I'm a freethinker) and I really believed that God thought it was the best thing to do to tell GWB to go do this or go do that, my opinion of God and his so-called wisdom would go straight through the celler!

Self-appointed messiahs are just as dangerous today as they have been throughout history. I just never thought one would ever live in the White House. :cry:

Catherine
[/quote]

Post subject: More Scary Bush Quotes!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:52 am 

Catherine,well said!I sincerely hope that most people will start to see through this demonic aberration,and that the only entity guiding,the Bush Crime Family,and their masters and cohorts is NOT God! the "god"they are "communing" with is none other than Satan,and minions.This is proof beyond all doubt that these demonically distorted monsters are intentionally carrying out their carefully crafted agenda to destoy Christianity,(which they will never be able to do.) They are also using Gods name in the most blasphemous,diabolical manner,as to try to destoy peoples belief in GOD,by these diabolical distortions.(again,they will ultimately be unsuccessful.) You can bet that when Bush costantly invokes "god," he knows full well that his "god" is not The True God of the Bible.Hopefully,most (I wish all,) Christians,and non-Christians alike see through this.The (I hope) majority of people of true goodwill have the wisdom to recognize this for the obvious evil it is.
Christians and non-Christians alike who truly believe in GOD will not be decieved by these most despicable profanities,and must make this sick agenda known to the rest of the world.There are many truly decent Christians,who through books,websites,and any available means,are tirelessly trying to expose this cabal for what they really are.
The mainsteam,spyriddled,oilsoaked propaganda "news" whores,keep decieving people intentionally,when they 1.Descibe Bush as Christian,and 2.Describe Bush as a Christian fanatic,whose "faith in god," is responsible for his and cronies motivation.(excellent example of Hegelian Diatectic at work here!) All people must not let themselves be decieved of either 1.
or 2. only truth,3. Bush is not a Christian,and the"god" he claims to recieve orders from,none other than Satan.I wish people could start discerning this truth,and demand propaganda media,stop portraying Bush as Christian,or having a devout or depending on which spinning top in media,fanatical edict from the True God.
To anyone,it should be immediately obvious,what Bush is really serving.No doubt,may Christians,and non-Christians alike,want and are trying to distinguish this very evident truth,to rest of the world,who sadly fail to see this transparent incompatibility.
It is not surprising that these imposters have achieved illigitamate,unconstituonal,
treasonous,criminal means to inhabite the whitehouse,supreme court,etc.with all the backing of their international banker masters,connivance of most if not all major "news-outlets,"and the intentional dummbed down America,who can longer think for themselves,and discern the obvious.
As a result of this well documented long term carefully constructed plot,for all intents and purposes,America,has been transformed into "Amerika."There is overwhelming documented proof beyond all doubt detailing these very,very long-term goals by the global elite cabal,even in their own published booksdocuments,etc.
If the salvaging of America and the rest of the world is even posible at this point in time,people must reject these diabolical scum,and their cohorts in the "media," the international financiers,bankers,multi-national
(global elite cabal),and the shakedown artists of the criminal federal reserve,which is not a government institution,but a Privately Owned money laundering international operation,with one of its main goals,the total overthrow of America,and world domination.
If anyone doubts this,and sounds too fantastic to be true,all I have to say,people do you're homework!Do you're own research,and do not let the major "news"media keep lying to you.
These slimeball crooks believe they are above the law,and have no fear of being held accountable for their actions.
They must be removed and held accountable with the most deserving consequences of their actions.
Unless these steps are seriously implemented by the public,though it would take many years,and retaliation of all manner,these first steps must be demanded relentlessly.
Unfortunatley,I don't bielieve this will happen till what little rights we have left are completely wiped out.
It appears that will be the only way,the majority of the public,(most who don't understand this) will be suffiently motivated to fight to take back America.
Hope it won't be too late.
It's astounding how many people either refuse to acknowledge,or truly comprehend the true nature,and the reality of the danger we are already engulfed in.
We are staring right into the reality of a stark,bleak facsist/totalianism state/world,almost completed.The longer people keep lying to theirselves the more hopeless any chance for our survival will be.
Because now it truly is a matter of survival against the powers that be and their masters,who intentionally put all their efforts into the final stages of the complete destruction of America and world domination.
Yeah,this is extemely frightening,and monstous,but is the reality we must confront now.
Just see how the atrocities engulfing the world,have become more rabid,shameless,numerous,with time speeding by at such a dizzying rate,overwhelmed almost to the point of paralysis,desperation,and a sense of helplessness.
It's all in our face ,more and more menacing and ominous.
What more proof is anyone willing to wait for?
We have fleets in the Pacific now that could well lead us into a war not with N.Korea,(except by proxy) but with China!
Our military is scattered all over the globe with no direction,just the documented premise of un-ending war!
Here,at home we are being intentionally devoid of any true national defence!
These ongoing travesties are not misguided intelligence "failures",or a series of bungled coincidenses!These are treasonous actions being perpetrated for the expess purposes outlined above.
You bet we have good reason to wake up and realize this for what it so obviously is,no matter how "unpleasant",or more accurately frightening a prospect the acknowledgement brings with it.
Because time is now past hoping things are'nt really "all that bad." They are that bad and worse.
We are facing the gravest threats here and worldwide that has ever been confronted in all history.
We are just a very slim thread from full blown WWW3,(if it has'nt started already.)
I don't like sounding like a "doomsdayer",but in the face of the undisguised realities,the facts speak for themselves.
I hope enough people will wake up before it really is too late.

carly101

Post subject: Carly...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I often go to other chatboards, read and/or post if something really catches my attention or deserves a thoughtful response, which I always try to give if I choose to take the time to do it.

I had copied and pasted the information about MoveOn.org and FAIR's video entitled "Outfoxing Fox News" at another chatboard, which is mostly pro-Bush. Some serious discussion actually followed so I was glad that at least some of them were thinking outside the box! I've not been back there today so there may be more responses, both pro and con...doesn't matter to me whether they agree or not...just as long as I can plant a seed of doubt, it's one small thing I can do to try to help defeat Bush and Company...who I sincerely believe are more evil than Hitler, Himmler, Goering, etc. were.

Hitler lasted 13 years as Germany's leader, from his first leap onto the political scene until his death in 1945. The US nor the world can tolerate 8 years of Bush's awful regime.

I was also able to include a link to this site, with the hope that we could get others to come here and discuss with you, me, and the few others that have the courage to take a long, hard look at what this administration has done and will do to this country, along with the lies the media tell. I think a few did come to check out the board, because there were several guests on last night.

We'll see, and as long as Jesse keeps the website up, I'll keep coming back to read and post...I hope you do the same.

I completely agree with you that Bush does not represent the Republicans (I grew up in a Republican, Baptist household). How can anyone actually believe that God talks to this man?

If any other President from Clinton on back to John Adams had said things like that publicly, he would've been laughed out of the White House.

I think Bush really believes he's on a crusade...one of the types from the 14th century in which he envisions himself riding a strong, white stallion, wearing a helmet, and a tunic over a coat of mail emblazoned with a huge red cross, long Sword of Justice at his side...destroying the Infidel (Muslims, no doubt, in his tiny mind) and making the world safe for his special brand of Christianity.

I just haven't figured out what that special brand is yet!

Jeez...give me a pail...I feel sick!

Catherine

Post subject: Scary Bush Quotes,to Catherine...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:39 am 

Hey,Catherine,I agree.I also feel this board is an important way for concerned citizens to try to do what they can to fight this scourge BUSHFRAUD&co!And their NWO Master!
I don't know if you've experienced this,but with the exception of one peron I know,whenever I start to talk to anyone else,even though they can't stand Bush&co.,they don't want to really talk about the crisis we are in!
I sometimes get the impression that the realities of the very real danger we are all in,paralyzes people to such an extent,that they try very hard not to think about all this.
I can understand that,as for a very brief time,some time ago,I had to do the same in order to cushion myself mentally in preparation for the head-on confrontation with reaity,that I knew as fact inside.
But there comes the point then when one must not ignore the truth a moment longer!
Always they ask,but what can be done?
That's the hardest part.My only answers so far, are to sincerely pray much,educate oneself on all issues,(constantly!) and in any way available one has,to let others know what is really happening,as you are.
For me,and no doubt many others,once you come to terms with the cold facts that these horrible crisuses will not just go away,one realizes they must be dedicated in putting in the time and effort involved in really educating,and sharing info.re:the hideous state we are all in now,and try to do what we can to prevent things from getting beyond any hope.
Unfotunatley,many are not willing to do this,their eyes start to glaze over after the glimmer of hesitation and fear,and they go right back living life as if tommorrow all will be well.
At some point,(very soon) they will be forced to confront reality,as they will be no longer to ignore it.
I feel this board is vital for these reasons.I don't know a whole lot of people,so I am glad there is this forum to as you said,plant seeds in peoples minds.
Also,its important for those with access to internet to share info. with those who don't.
I'll keep posting here,and hpoe you do too! I hope more people will also.
As for BUSHFRAUD,he is a SATANIST masquerading,(and not convincingly)
as a Christian,which he's NOT and he knows this very well!
As I'm a webtv user,I hope Jessie will keep this site compatible with/for those of us who have webtv's or older pc's.
I can access a lot of sites fortunately,but a lot of sites are becoming impossible for one to access,unless you have the newest,sophisticated,software etc.
which a lot of people cannot afford.
I'm glad this and my other info.sites remain accessible to me,and hope it stays that way!
We just have to do whatever we can with whatever means available to us and within our're abilities,as they continue to develop.
As events are speeding up evey day,I hope more people will start to realize how vital this is.
We all better learn real fast,cause THEY are circling like vultures and buzzards waiting for the kill.(Literally.)
I think this country,and the rest of the world have seen how virulant and deadly these ghastly freaks are,and all of us must demand this evil malignancy be removed from our gov.and society.I hate this "culture of death."And all decent peoples do too.
I hate it that its goten this depraved,that I'm ashamed of america.But I am,and will be,until
we as a nation put a stop to these atrocities,and hold all those involved accountable.
Hope we'll still have the guts to do that,and in the process,regain our constitutional rights.

carly101

Post subject: Heads firmly planted in the sand...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Carly,

I just came from a board that was seething with strong emotions about abortion and whether or not Roe vs. Wade should be allowed to stand. The sad part of the whole thing was that two women were strongly in support of outlawing a woman's right to an abortion, the right to choose.

One of the writers from this site, Reg, was doing an excellent job of supporting a woman's right to choose, and she was saying religion had nothing to do with it, and she's right, IMHO. But if Bush has his way, women in America will become Stepford Wives! That's another description I read today about how women are viewed by the Bushies. :evil:

So many Americans have their heads planted firmly in the sand and are refusing to acknowledge that the world they've taken for granted..the world we know as guaranteed under the Constitution will disappear if Bush is re-elected. I believe this with all my heart. It's not paranoia, either...it's a cold, hard fact.

He's already gearing up to cause trouble with Iran, and Syria is also on the list. North Korea won't take his bullying and neither will China. What would our country be doing if there was a Bush in, say, China or England and our country's leaders did not agree with his policies? We'd be making damn sure we had our ducks in order militarily. And I can't blame other countries for hating us...

Right now, I hate what GWB has caused America to become.

I'm sending a donation, all I can afford, to this website asap. It's absolutely imperative that it stays up and running.

Wonder if Jesse has ever considered merging with MoveOn.org.

Catherine

Post subject: reply:Heads Firmly Planted in Sand
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:42 am 

Yeah,I know what you mean.I listen to the talk radio programs as much as I can stand to anymore,and with all thats happened/happening,I don't hear nearly as much of a difference in the callers understanding of the truth as to the causes and effects,resulting in the condition this world is in.
Most just don't have any grasp,or focus on the true nature of what should be obvious.
All too often,I feel like I'm in the twighlightzone,listening to people nit-pick their mass-media ingrained,indoctrinated distorted view of single issues,or blanket statements,with no clue of the bigger picture,so to speak.
Do they ever wonder who and what is arranging their mind-sets for them,and why?
As for Bush and abortion,I don't believe its of any importance to him no matter what he may proclaim as he's already proven no human life is of value in his view of the world,except for the"privileged elite,"he serves and believes himself to be.
Why would he care about the life of an unborn baby,when he places no value on human life?
Just spin for the campaign trail.
As for this forum,I think its great the way it is.
It would be a huge mistake to merge this or align this forum with any political party.
This forum does well to monitor all events no matter whatever political party (really only one party) is selected to carry on the charade called a duly elected administration.
Believe me,Bush must be removed for sure,but please don't make the mistake of thinking Kerry will have any other agenda,except to follow the orders and play the part scripted for him,the "powers that be,"have assigned for him.
This is how its been with evey president we've had since JFK.
We will need to keep just as close a watch on Kerry as we have with Bush.
Behind the scenes,Bush and Kerry are not opposed to each other.In fact,they're very comfortable with each other.
Be just as wary as Kerry,as he has made numerous statements that he will continue along the same road Bush has taken us,only attempting to qualify his statements,by adding the vague,if needed.
If we do somehow survive all of this,we better remember,that no matter who is president,we must not let ourselves ever be complacent again.
We should know from now on,just as previous generations understood,that we must always be vigilant when it comes to all gov.
officials/non-officials,from the bottom to the top.Including all the branches of gov.
If anything,after all this,we better not ever forget that!
I just pray we will get through all this,and dispose of the vermin that infests all areas of public/gov. position and influence.
And scrap the propaganda monopoly press too while we're at it!

carly101

Post subject: Bush and Kerry, carly...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

carly,

This is going to be short, because I've got to go out for the day...

I believe that as time goes by and the campaign heats up, the Bushies won't be able to keep from playing dirty...they'll look for every vulnerability Kerry and Edwards have and put spin after spin on it. Thus, I believe that Kerry will lose his "comfortable" attitude he may have towards Bush right now, if he really has.

IMHO, Kerry is very, very smart in making Bush and his cronies think he's not too uncomfortable with Bush's policies. I think he and Edwards will wear the white hats in this campaign, and much will be revealed during the debates, which I understand have now been scheduled. Kerry isn't Bush and he seems to have a lot of integrity. Edwards is from my state, and I voted for him in the last election. He is a man of honor and integrity...he knows sadness and hard work; he lost a 16 year old son so he won't be so eager to send young people to die for nothing, like Bush and Cheney. They must be defeated, and I've never felt so passionate about a political cause in my life.

AND Jesse says he will continue to watch Kerry if he's elected (or Nader for that matter) as closely as he's watching Bush. I believe him and think I totally agree...no politician can be trusted completely, that's for sure.

No, Bush has no respect for human life. If he cared about an unborn fetus, he wouldn't be sending our sons and daughters who were allowed to be born, to die for an unjust and unworthy cause in that hell hole called Iraq.

Now, mothers, fathers, wives, sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters will mourn for the rest of their lives for those they have lost. :cry:

Catherine

Post subject: Bush/Kerry,to Catherine
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:13 pm 

Catherine,I appreciate what you're trying to say,but I don't know if you've read anything about the Kerry/Edwards platform.I posted a very alarming article,under Current Events,that pretty much spells out a lot more of the same.It's no accident that Kerry so "conviently" justs discovers he's Jewish,around the time he was nominated for Dem.ticket.
Nor is it just a mere courtesy call that Kerry's brother Cameron Kerry made to Ariel Sharon recently,to assure him of continued "support."
I am no anti-semite,but I am anti-zionist,meaning just like the fake "christians" in this fraudulent administration,the same goes for Zion-ism masquarading as the Jewish faith,which its not.
Kerry does'nt just pretend to be comfortable with Bush,their families have known each other forever,and Kerry and Bush went to Yale at the same time,though,Kerry has tried to distance this aspect by falsley claiming he was two years ahead of Bush.
Fact,Kerry is the one who "tapped" Bush into the Skull&Bastards society.
No doubt,Bush would have been "tapped" anyway,but these two men are very,very much alike.
I would welcome nothing more than to be proven wrong,believe me!
Edwards was selected by the Bilderbergers to "compliment" Kerry.As thats the case,he is well aware of his role.
We can't keep buying into the myths,and the calculated images.
All we need do,is let the record speak for itself.Espesially,when these already decided "policies" come staight out of their own mouths,and is already a documented report.
All this seems to point toward Kerry already selected to be installed as president some time ago.
For these reasons,what he says and does,or does'nt do,must be scrutinized as exactingly as we do Bush&co.,and what we should have,and always should do in re:any candidate for any elected position.
I say the same about Nader,or anyone for that matter.To tell you the truth,after researching Nader much closer,I am in very serious doubt as to his integrity,and honesty,and needlessly to say,I was really shocked,(though at this point I should'nt be) and I am not only in doubt,I'm just about convinced their is a big problem there.
I should have taken my own advise,and researched more thoughorly,before I made a decision.
So,now I will doublecheck,but am pretty sure he's not for me.I'll post another post about Nader,to let you know my conclusion about him,as soon as I doublecheck.Will be very soon.
But please read this article,and its not the only one I've read,and after reading Kerry's own policies,
I would think anyone would be quite alarmed,if not just as outraged with the slime Bush&co.
If Kerry is to be installed,as I think he very will be,barring any B.S.from Bush,and he actually carries out these actions,he will be just as treasonous as Bush,and I see this,as the undeniable completion,of the insane total destruction,we are at with Bush right now.
Now is not the time to worry about
"democrat"v."republican."Thats been a dead system for too long alresdy now.Now is the time to decide on the proven evidence,independent of whatever "party"they call theirselves.Now,we must continue to think in life and death facts,as we do and will continue to do with Bush.
These words alone speak loud and clear about what Kerry is all about.
We are in a no win situation here.
Neither one of these two nor their assocciates,should be allowed to ever hold office.Please read this,and honestly tell me this does not frighten you as much as we already are currently.Let me know you're opinion,after you read this.
I respect you're opinions,and honesty,and really want to know where you truly believe we'll be,if these policies go forward,with either of these two.

Article following:

Rense.com
'War Party Lite' Gears Up
For Boston Gabfest
By William Hughes
7-22-4

The Democrats, a/k/a "War Party Lite," are preparing to take center stage. They are headed for Boston, Massachusetts, to conduct their 2004 National Convention. Boston is also the final resting place of that inestimable rebel, Sam Adams, one of the original Sons of Liberty. The idea that America would end up serving as a Global Cop would have appalled Adams. Kicking the imperial Brits out of the country was his pride and joy, but exporting "democracy" to Iraq, via a war, as initiated by the Bush-Cheney Gang, would simply be unthinkable. Unfortunately,the Democrat kingpins are coming off as clones of the War Hawks or worse! Adams wouldn't like them either.

The Democratic gabfest will run from July 26th to July 29th. The site is the state-of-the-art Fleet Center Arena, located near Boston's North Station. The arena takes up 3.2 acres and it has plenty of room to accommodate the 4,351 delegates, 610 alternate delegates, 15,000 media types, and 15,000 assorted guests, elected officials and hangerons.

The Party's proposed platform speaks volumes about what a John Kerry-John Edwards administration will eventually look like. A "War Party Lite," if you ask me. The 35-paged draft indicates there will be no withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq in the near future. In fact, the committee advocates sending additional troops by way of internationalizing the Iraqi Occupation, and more material, too, to help beef up security for the puppet Iraqi regime presently being installed by the Bush-Cheney Gang. Kerry is also already on record calling for boosting the size of the U.S. military "by 40,000 troops by the end of the decade" (Bostonherald.com, 05/29/04).

In July, 1976, I was an alternate delegate from Maryland's 3rd Congressional district to the National Democratic Party Convention, which was held in NYC's fabled Madison Square Garden. There was only one pleasant surprise at that mostly boring event. I fondly remember a spellbinding speech that was made to thunderous applause, not by any Democratic Party hack, but by a wheelchair bound, Vietnam War Vet - Ron Kovic. Today, he just happens to be a very strong, outspoken opponent of the Iraqi War.

Since, I have survived one of these conventions, I predict that there will be no serious discussion of any of the real issues facing the nation at this gathering. Mostly, convention time is party time for the delegates, with plenty of free drinks, entertainment and food. It is also time for them to act out the role of a collective rubber stamp for the Party and its platform, which I suspect will be passed, as was the platform in 1976, by acclamation. Finally, it is all theater, staged for PR purposes, (like Tinsel Town's "Academy Awards"), and geared for brainwashing the TV/Cable audiences.

Almost 13 pages of this year's platform focuses on security, military and terrorism issues; only three pages are allotted to the shaky economy; with five measly pages assigned to health care, education and the environment. Meanwhile, the platform promises Ariel Sharon's Israel a guarantee of its so-called "right to self defense." If anything violates the U.S. Constitution, it should be the ridiculous notion that the taxpayers are responsible, "under all circumstances," for the "national security" of another foreign country. The arrogance of these sweeping kinds of guarantees is breath taking. Meeting in Hollywood, FL, on July 10, 2004, the draft document was adopted by the 186 platform committee delegates with little or no significant dissension ("Democrats' Platform Backs Sustained Presence in Iraq," Rafael Lorente, South Florida Sun-Sentinel, 07/11/04).

Way back on April 22, 1971, John Kerry was, like Kovic, a disillusioned, highly decorated and very angry Vietnam War Vet. He appeared, as a witness, before the Senate's Foreign Relations Committee on Capitol Hill, in his army fatigues, wearing his medals. He posed this famous question to the Committee: "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

On closing night, Thursday, July 29th, of the Boston festivities, Kerry will address the delegates. I believe he will emphasize his Vietnam War experiences, and not his anti-Vietnam War persona. That latter image disappeared down the Memory Hole during this year's bruising primaries.

Finally, Kerry's only serious gripe about President George W. Bush, Jr.'s invasion of Iraq appears to be that he didn't have "a plan to win the peace!" (Oh, I thought it was about Bush lying us into that illegal, immoral and unjust conflict.) Translation: Kerry, who voted for the Iraqi war, and approves, too, of our military presence in Afghanistan, intends to fully support the Iraqi Occupation, with all of its imperial trappings, building of more military bases, etc. Sadly, he is also telling the American people, that If the Democrats win in November, they can expect more, and not less, war!

© William Hughes 2004

William Hughes is the author of "Saying 'No' to the War Party" (IUniverse, Inc.). He can be reached at liamhughes@mindspring.com.

Post subject: Dubya Speaks.. "we record the damage"
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:39 pm 
The man shows that he is a "dry drunk"

Now if you want to search the term "dry drunk" it fits this man.

It's amazing how one can say something and not make any sense.

Dubya and the Family

(Oddly enough, one of the smaller categories on the site)
Yes, that's a -- first of all, Mom, you're doing -- that's tough. But it's -- I appreciate that. I appreciate the idea of you wanting to give your children the education from you and the mom.
-- The lesson here is if it ain't scripted, don't expect it to make sense, Springfield, Missouri, Feb. 9, 2004

She is a fabulous First Lady. I was a lucky man when she said, yes, I agree to marry you. I love her dearly, and I'm proud of the job she's doing on behalf of all Americans. Just like I love my brother.
-- I'm not sure how to digest the last sentence, Jacksonville, Florida, Sep. 9, 2003

I appreciate [Florida Governor] Jeb [Bush] -- talk about swamping somebody, he knows the definition of 'swamp' when it comes to political campaigns.
-- I'll bet he does, Tampa, Florida, Jun. 30, 2003

After all, this is a guy that tried to kill my dad at one time.
-- So that's why Dubya wants to send in the troops, Houston, Texas, Sep. 26, 2002

I had the privilege of saying good-bye for a brief period of time to our First Lady who's down there in Crawford. She is -- she was born and raised in West Texas. That's kind of like western Oklahoma, not a lot of native trees and not a lot of water.
-- Huh? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Aug. 29, 2002

I think Jeb and I were touched by what it means to be sitting at a table with a daughter who has said, I've got a responsibility to my mom.
-- Sounds like he isn't sure whether he or his brother were touched or not, Miami, Florida, Jun. 30, 2003

I'm -- I've just come from Washington to here, obviously -- I'm going down to L.A. I wish I came with my wife. I wish she were with me. She has done a fabulous job. I will see her tonight in Crawford, Texas. Well, she'll be the lump in the bed next to me, since I get in at 1:30 a.m. in the morning. But you drew the short straw. Had she come and spoken, you would have had the long straw. She is a -- she's a remarkable person. She has been calm and steady in the face of significant crisis. She can smile, she can listen.
-- A stream-of-consciousness moment in San Francisco, California, Jun. 27, 2003

If only I could have heard Johnny Mathis sing, then I would have wished Laura were here again.
-- Interesting... Los Angeles, California, Jun. 27, 2003

The country is -- has gotten to know Laura, like I have gotten to know her.
-- Puzzling in more ways than one, Des Moines, Iowa, June 7, 2002

And above all, we welcome the Eisenhower family, and send our good wishes to John Eisenhower, who could not be with us today. As the son of a President, myself, I know how proud John must feel, knowing that our country's respect for his father has only increased with the years.
-- Nice way of patting himself and his family on the back, and comparing his dad to President Eisenhower all at the same time, Washington, D.C., May 7, 2002

Everybody in Crawford says hello, starting with Laura. She is doing a fabulous day. I tell people it's because she's from Midland, Texas.
-- Dallas, Texas, Mar. 29, 2002

If you are a mom and dad, you are responsible for loving your child with all your heart and all your soul.
-- Republican Retreat Luncheon, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, Feb. 1, 2002

I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war.
-- Dubya doing a sterling job of belittling war and parenting at the same time, while also backhandedly manufacturing a war record for himself out of thin air, Jan. 27, 2002

And we're too close, our relationship is too strong to endure some of the slights that come along.
-- On his relationship with wife Laura Bush, Interview with Tom Brokaw, Jan. 23, 2002

And it all starts with the human element, the thing that matters most in life, and that is our faiths and our families and our respected loves as dads for our daughters.
-- I guess sons aren't as important, or at least love for them isn't, Crawford High School, Crawford, Texas, Nov. 15, 2001

Anyway, I'm so thankful, and so gracious -- I'm gracious that my brother Jeb is concerned about the hemisphere as well.
-- Miami, Florida, June 4, 2001

I'm glad the First Lady is here. It's an unusual job where all you've got to do is walk down from your living room and come to work. I'm really proud of Laura.
-- Classic (unintentional?) backhanded compliment by Dubya, White House, Feb. 1, 2001

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.
-- LaCrosse, Wisconsin, Oct. 18, 2000

It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet.
-- Arlington Heights, Illinois, Oct. 24, 2000

We have struggle to not proceed, but to "precede" to the future of a nation's child.
-- Journal Gazette, Nov. 12, 2000

I think it's important for those of us in a position of responsibility to be firm in sharing our experiences, to understand that the babies out of wedlock is a very difficult chore for mom and baby alike. ... I believe we ought to say there is a different alternative than the culture that is proposed by people like Miss Wolf in society. ... And, you know, hopefully, condoms will work, but it hasn't worked.
-- Meet the Press, Nov. 21, 1999

Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is sometimes until we get an objective analysis.
-- CNBC, April 15, 2000

Well, you know, it's hard to make people love one another. I wish I knew the law because I would darn sure sign it. I wish I knew the law that said all of us would be good parents.
-- Presidential debate, St. Louis, Missouri, Oct. 17, 2000

The best way to relieve families from time is to let them keep some of their own money.
-- Westminster, California, Sept. 13, 2000

You're working hard to put food on your family.
-- Greater Nashua Chamber of Commerce (New Hampshire), Jan. 27, 2000

Post subject: Dan Quayle looks like Einstein!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Skeeter...I'm laughing at all of your post and I think the comments after them are priceless...

The mystery here is why isn't the whole nation asking "What?" What have we done letting this buffoon into the White House?

HOW can we fix this problem we let the Supreme Court get us into?

WHERE are the media, the journalists that should be ripping this man apart?

WHY isn't there an impeachment call? Charge: mental incompetence

WHY did Congress not show more leadership qualilties and not allow this brainless twit to invade a sovereign country under false pretenses?

There's a book entitled "What Would Betty Do?" by Mrs. Betty Bowers as told to Paul A. Bradley. The book is a parody on anything that has to do with politics blending with religion as it has since Bush went into office.

On pages 146-147, there's a dramatic dialogue going on among these characters:

W...Mother Barbara Bush...Poppy (Daddy Bush)...Laura Bush...Jenna Bush....Barbara Bush 2....and Mrs. Betty Bowers.

Here is the dialogue as written in the book I've just cited:

Betty: Let us open our Bibles...

Laura: I seem to have misplaced mine. Oh, there it is...

Betty: Laura, that is the Lord's Word. NOT a coaster. Turn to Matthew, Chapter 11...George, Mathew is marked with a purple walrus in your book.

Poppy: Matthew...wasn't that the guy there who was that tax collector fellow?

W: A "tax and spend" Democrat! We ought to be reading a Gospel by a guy who wanted to give money away!

Betty: That would be Jesus, dear.

W: Darn right...a Republican!

Poppy: But didn't that Jesus guy want us to give our money away?

Mother Barbara: Smacks of socialism, if you ask me! He better not sing that tune in Kennebunkport!

Betty: How many times do I have to tell you? With skilled biblical interpretations, you can effortlessly follow even the most inconvenient passages. When Jesus said, "Give away everything you have to the poor," he was talking to people who had nothing to give. So, I try to follow their example and also give nothing to the so-called poor.

W: Sounds pretty Republican to me!

Betty: Exactly. Now, I'd like to read from Matthew 11:19, "The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans..."

Mother Barbara: Betty, my Bible says, friend of Republicans."

Betty: You must have Friend-Of-Our-Lord Pat Robertson's Bible, dear. He's been looking for it.

W: What's a winebibber? Someone who farts? (giggles)

Betty: A winebibber. A drunkard. Surely, that word isn't foreign to you, dear. Anyway, do you see, girls, what Our Lord's inerrant Word is saying?

Jenna: That, like, Jesus was a partier?

Daughter Barbara (Barbara 2): Cool. Jesus was a drunk, too!

Betty: Well, not exactly...

Mother Barbara: See how Christlike your father has been all these years? You didn't grow up with a lot of mushy talk and touching, but we did give you girls Christian values.

Laura: Jenna, stop chewing your hair!!

Mother Barbara: Barbara, fix Grandma another bloody M. And not so much celery salt in this time. You know I'm on a low-sodium health diet. Are you trying to kill me?

Poppy: Well, girls, you know we love you.

Mother Barbara: What your grandfather is trying to say is, we are furious with you two. We've been very lenient. Even though your father talks like his job requires him to go where the vegetables are ripe, thanks to our family name, he has millions squirreled away for you girls. Your parents have given you everything!

Laura: Except our time. Parents are entitled to something they can call their own. I'm a teacher...

Mother Barbara: Laura, I'll handle this. Like I said, you've been given everything. And we only asked one thing in return!

Jenna: Not to be drunks like you all?

Mother Barbara: No! Not to get caught, you idiot!

W: Well, it's not their fault. It's the liberal media. It just isn't fair to report when they get arrested. Hell's bells, I don't even report the times I got arrested. I don't know why them liberal reporters got to stick their noses in private family matters.

Poppy: George, they got citations. It's a matter of public record.

Laura: Well, it never would have been public if they had just watched us a little closer! Honestly girls, I've told you a million times, "Beer after liquor, never sicker...booze before press, what a mess! :D

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:57 am 
I personally think the news media that follows GWB on his speaking and campaign stops, feel embarrassment for the United States if the report his terrible form of speaking..

And it is an embarrassment to us all, and most of all to the other world countries. For this is the first time in our history we have had such a President that has screwed up our Nation, and offended the other world countries.

It will take a great President to right the course, and bring respect back to America.

And in my opinion, John Kerry and John Edwards will do just that.

Pleased to hear you are a military family, and God Bless you for being a fine Mother and those two wonderful sons.

Post subject: Thanks, Skeeter
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't know if the reporters are embarrassed or not. A few of them may feel somewhat embarrassed for Bush, but they may sympathize with him and feel sorry for him so they try to cover for him. At least some of them seem to enjoy putting any Democrat on the spot if they can. Matt Lauer does, as does Katie Couric, Lester Holt, Tim Russert, and a host of others.

Thanks for the kind words, Skeeter. My eldest son wanted to go into the Navy at first when he considered the military as an option to going straight into college. But the Army offered him the job he wanted in communications so that's where he went. He was stationed at Ft. Hood after AIT, and served two rotations to Kuwait...he absolutely hated that part of his service time.

I think CNN is using the DNC as a staging ground to promote Bush...here's why: First thing this morning, Bill Hemmer began reporting on the Teresa H. Kerry "Shove It" statement to the reporter who was misquoting her. I saw the video and I heard what she said...she said "traits," not "activities." Now that's a very small example of how the right-wing leaning media try to slant things. I'm glad she told the reporter to shove it and I thought Mrs. Kerry was pretty cool not to continue the directive with "up your a$$."

Jack Cafferty got one thrown back into his face this morning in an email...he was asking for the public to write in their opinions of Mrs. Kerry's behavior...one wrote that Mrs. Kerry's standing up to the reporter was like a breath of fresh air when compared to the Stepford Wife that was in the White House right now, who had no opinions other than that of her husband. And Hillary Clinton was very cool when Hemmer interviewed her. She laughed and said she knew Teresa Kerry and that she was a very nice person but would not be pushed around. Hillary went on to say she couldn't wait for this administration to be ousted from the White House.

I can't either!

Later, during the noon news roundup, the reporter was talking about the DNC and yet the video was of Bush speaking at a gathering of African-Americans...(sorry...can't remember which gathering that was...it definitely wasn't the NAACP Convention, though!)

Who do they think they're fooling? LOTS of people!

One more thing, Skeeter...go to the "How to Watch the News" section of this website. I did when I first came aboard here and I was astounded at what I did not know about the news media and how to determine if they're reporting the news accurately or if they're biased. It's a real eye opener. You'll be able to pick up on things right away with your military experience of watching people's body language, facial expression, little "asides," and other characteristics of bias or outright lying.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:08 pm 
I did see the video clip on Teresa Kerry's remark.. "Shove-it" in the face of that "right wing" newspaper reporter. And I loved every second of it..
I really like her.. she is bold and brilliant, and she will help John Kerry.

I think you are correct in saying, the news media is biased to Bush. I think the big media corporations are afraid of the Bush administration as he may have some pull at ther FCC.

I'm sure you agree, this is one mean-spirted administraion that will go to no lengths to smear the Democrats.

Here is one just came out this afternoon..

Iowa Governor's Wife Questioned on Column

5 minutes ago

By MIKE GLOVER, Associated Press Writer

DES MOINES, Iowa - The wife of Iowa's Democratic governor on Monday dismissed a report about a 1994 newspaper column in which she wrote that she had trouble understanding some blacks' version of English and referred to the "slurred speech" of Southerners.

Christie Vilsack, who addresses the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday, issued a statement in response to a published report about the 10-year-old column that she wrote for the Mt. Pleasant News in Iowa.

In the column, cited in Monday's Boston Herald, Vilsack wrote, "I am fascinated at the way some African-Americans speak to each other in English I struggle to understand, then switch to standard English when the situation requires."

She also wrote that she found dialects from other regions of the country difficult to understand.

"The only way I can speak like residents of New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania is to let my jaw drop an inch and talk with my lips in an 'O' like a fish," she wrote. "I'd rather learn to speak Polish."

After returning from a visit to the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, Vilsack wrote about "language problems" she encountered in the South. "When I ask for directions, I can't understand the slurred speech of southern Americans who are so polite and eager to please," she wrote.

Republicans forwarded the article to reporters.

"I think it's appropriate for her to apologize for her remarks," Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, a black Republican, said in a telephone interview. Steele said he was amazed the Iowa governor's wife had "been asked to speak on values."

In her statement Monday, Vilsack said, "These are attacks by people who want to divide us and not bring us together. As a teacher and the mother of two boys, I am dismayed by this, especially because of my lifetime commitment to teaching tolerance, diversity and understanding to all children."

Vilsack's husband, Tom, was considered a possible candidate for vice president before John Kerry (news - web sites) chose Sen. John Edwards (news - web sites) of North Carolina to be his running mate.