It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: End of Conspiracy Theories About Apollo Moon Landings?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

End of Conspiracy Theories? Spacecraft Snoops Apollo Moon Sites

Link: http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/05 ... snoop.html

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:55 am 

I think that NASA are just trying to obfuscate the truth so that we don't find out that the moon landing was actually staged and they landed on a giant piece of 'edam' cheese, the flag was candy and edible sugar paper and the 'astronauts' were actually puppets.

If you read into it then it all makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:38 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm

Post subject: They can fake images
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You know, you can fake images and video much easier and much better today than you could have back then.

It would be a pice of cake to create "proof" of the landings.

I m not saying we were ot there, but any new images can not be trusted 100%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:16 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Saw 'A funny thing happened on the way to the moon' recently. Im afraid I cant lend any credibility to it. Shoddy journalism at best and in my opinion only serves to detract from realistic and very credible theories and unanswered questions surrounding much more important matters in history such as JFK and 9/11.

Maybe there is something to the story though, the US certainly needed to 'make it happen' in the political climate of the time amongst other reasons. However as far as actually 'making it' is concerned, ive yet to see anything other than bad documentaries made by people who were trying to 'earn a buck'.

In comparison, anyone truly trying to get to the bottom of the other two issues should, and is, for the most part, giving their information freely to all who take an interest.

This is exactly the kind of thing people I talk too about 9/11 or JFK come up with whilst trying to paint it all with the same brush. Its damaging, badly researched misinformation in my opinion and all it serves is give ammo to the people who would like nothing more than to link the three events under the same 'unfounded conspiracy theory' title.

My mind is always open to possibilities and I wouldnt put anything past the ruling administrations past or present, but its going to take a lot more than what ive seen and read on this matter. Certainly more than shaky photo evidence, possible forged transmissions, and an almost farcical 'Unseen footage' segment that was in AFTHOTWTTM, which it transpires has been publicly available for many years.

If anyone would like to point me in the direction of any more info on this matter I will certainly check it out.

NO to using nuclear weaons of 'ANY' kind you crazy bastards!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:14 pm 

Personally, I don't really buy into the whole faked moon landing thing...but I'm always willing to listen to good arguments.

That being said, I found it odd to hear that they "lost" the original magnetic tapes of the landings...

Richard Macey
August 5, 2006

THE heart-stopping moments when Neil Armstrong took his first tentative steps onto another world are defining images of the 20th century: grainy, fuzzy, unforgettable.

But just 37 years after Apollo 11, it is feared the magnetic tapes that recorded the first moon walk - beamed to the world via three tracking stations, including Parkes's famous "Dish" - have gone missing at NASA's Goddard Space Centre in Maryland.

A desperate search has begun amid concerns the tapes will disintegrate to dust before they can be found.

It is not widely known that the Apollo 11 television broadcast from the moon was a high-quality transmission, far sharper than the blurry version relayed instantly to the world on that July day in 1969.

Among those battling to unscramble the mystery is John Sarkissian, a CSIRO scientist stationed at Parkes for a decade. "We are working on the assumption they still exist," Mr Sarkissian told the Herald.

"Your guess is a good as mine as to where they are."

Mr Sarkissian began researching the role of Parkes in Apollo 11's mission in 1997, before the movie The Dish was made. However, when he later contacted NASA colleagues to ask about the tapes, they could not be found.

"People may have thought 'we have tapes of the moon walk, we don't need these'," said the scientist who hopes a new, intensive hunt will locate them.

If they can be found, he proposes making digitalised copies to treat the world to a very different view of history.

But the searchers may be running out of time. The only known equipment on which the original analogue tapes can be decoded is at a Goddard centre set to close in October, raising fears that even if they are found before they deteriorate, copying them may be impossible.

"We want the public to see it the way the moon walk was meant to be seen," Mr Sarkissian said.

"There will only ever be one first moon walk."

Originally stored at Goddard, the tapes were moved in 1970 to the US National Archives. No one knows why, but in 1984 about 700 boxes of space flight tapes there were returned to Goddard.

"We have the documents to say they were withdrawn, but no one knows exactly where they went," Mr Sarkissian said.

Many people involved had retired or died.

Also among tapes feared missing are the original recordings of the other five Apollo moon landings. The format used by the original pictures beamed from the moon was not compatible with commercial technology used by television networks. So the images received at Parkes, and at tracking stations near Canberra and in California, were played on screens mounted in front of conventional television cameras.

"The quality of what you saw on TV at home was substantially degraded" in the process, Mr Sarkissian said, creating the ghostly images of Armstrong and Aldrin that strained the eyes of hundreds of millions of people watching around the world.

Even Polaroid photographs of the screen that showed the original images received by Parkes are significantly sharper than what the public saw. While the technique looks primitive today, Mr Sarkissian said it was the best solution that 1969 technology offered.

Among the few who saw the original high-quality broadcast was David Cooke, a Parkes control room engineer in 1969.

"I can still see the screen," Mr Cook, 74, said. "I was amazed, the quality was fairly good."
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/one-giant-blunder-for-mankind-how-nasa-lost-moon-pictures/2006/08/04/1154198328978.html#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:16 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I know they were staged. I have been all over the moon and found not one footprint. Well there were a couple but they sure the hell did not come from a man. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DarkKnight2 wrote:
I know they were staged. I have been all over the moon and found not one footprint. Well there were a couple but they sure the hell did not come from a man. 8)

hooboy.... :roll: