one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

How little I know. I thought one was always more womenish the other. I thought one was more manish and took the role as the dominate partner? Anyway, In the long run, I guess I'm saying I agree with Dori. Still, I can't understand how some can be married and live the man / women married life for x-number of years and then decide they are guy and "then" act more womenish? That always puzzled me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Too many people try and hide who they really are and how they really feel. People like to say they CHOOSE to be gay. Who would coose a lifestyle that cause society to hate you? Instead they hide it. They get married, have children, and in the end ruin many, many lives. They also end up hurting many people.

You are around people everyday who are gay. You just don't know it. They become great actors.

When they decide they no longer can/nor want to hide it and want to be who they really are, yes they seem more feminine or masculine (which ever the case may be). This is after many years of suppressing who they REALLY are.

I have first hand knowledge of someone (very close to me) who was going to marry just to make his family happy and for him to appear normal. I am so glad he didn't marry and I am not sure what changed his mind. He did finally tell his family. They disowned him. I know he goes through times where he wonders if he made the right choice and I hope someday his family realizes what they have lost.

The only solution to this is for people to be more accepting of those who are different. Once it becomes "OK" to be gay more people will just be themselves and less people will be hurt.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:09 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Sir-Irate wrote:
How little I know. I thought one was always more womenish the other. I thought one was more manish and took the role as the dominate partner? Anyway, In the long run, I guess I'm saying I agree with Dori. Still, I can't understand how some can be married and live the man / women married life for x-number of years and then decide they are guy and "then" act more womenish? That always puzzled me.

Once again, we assume that gender roles are specifically assigned, and both must be present for a relationship to work. The only thing necessary for a relationship is love and mutual respect. It doesnt require for one to be masculine and one to be feminine. It is the people on the outside who find a need to assign these roles. When we stop finding a need to define, and assign our stereotypical gender roles to everyone we begin to see people for who they really are. Just people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Once again, we assume that gender roles are specifically assigned, and both must be present for a relationship to work. The only thing necessary for a relationship is love and mutual respect. It doesnt require for one to be masculine and one to be feminine. It is the people on the outside who find a need to assign these roles. When we stop finding a need to define, and assign our stereotypical gender roles to everyone we begin to see people for who they really are. Just people.

Very well said.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL