It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: moron malkin.............
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:00 am 

...........at it again.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/16/malkin-bill-rights/

what a piece of crap. this woman will stop at nothing to serve or better yet, prostitute herself to the facist/neocon corporate interests that despise the rights that ultimately are protecting her. she just plain doesn't frickin get it.

they hate america and what our forefathers had the wisdom and foresight to put into place in our constitution to protect us from assholes like her and the rest of the garbage now known as the Grand Ole Pedophiles.

the war continues.

and the real terrorists reside on our own soil in thier republiquada camps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Just another SHILL for those who control / censor the media. She seems "more then willing" to go along with it. As far as I am concerned, people like her in the controlled media, are all criminals. It is as simple as that. They are criminals!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:39 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

You gotta believe it is just a big con game. These O'Reilly's and what's her face, the retarded one. Forgot her name. Starts with a C. And, all the rest of the right wing talk shows. Fox and everyone else. Their whole message is junk and propaganda and wrapped up in the blanket of Fundamental Christianity. Lord please save the United States from itself. They are playing to an ignorant crowd, a nation that has been molded over the decades by the media that they watch. They are being taught slowly, but surely, that Democrats are evil ( read liberals ) and war is good for America because it is saving them from terrorists. Terrorists that don't exist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:52 am 

Quote:
Lord please save the United States from itself.

That says it all!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Strange little story about the mysterious switch-up in a recent Malkin piece.

After the New Hampshire votes running, Malkin had an article out entitled, "The Clintons in Crisis".

In the original article, she had this opener:
Quote:
Hell hath no fury like a Clinton spurned. Hillary's back-to-back defeats in Iowa and now New Hampshire have the famously disciplined politician in a tailspin.

But it seems to have been tailored without an obvious correction.

The "Comeback Gal" Spin
Quote:
Don't let the "Comeback Gal" spin fool you. Despite the unexpectedly close finish in New Hampshire, Hillary Clinton's campaign remains in a tailspin. And the Clintons' pre-Granite State primary finger-pointing has left an indelible mark.

Interestingly, the discrepancy was caught here:

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:38 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Quote:
Lord please save the United States from itself.

That says it all!

We still have a chance, a very small window.

I'm not endorsing that tiny window yet, but I think it's name is Barak Obama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:40 am 

I have not been comfortable with Obama. Disappointing to me, because I wanted to be enthusiastic about our first black Presidential candidate.

But he is taking a lot of money from special interests and I don't see how he isn't being bought out by them. Plus, you can tell me until we both turn blue that he is the same age as Kennedy when he won the Presidency, that still does not make him Kennedy.

I am very uncomfortable about Obama, but as many before me have done, will hold my nose and vote for him if he is the chosen candidate. (And hope my instincts are wrong...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You spoke my feelings about Obama quite well, dori.

I, too, will vote for him if he is the choice of the Dems, but I won't feel comfortable doing it. He has a looooong, looooong way to go before he's anything similar to Jack Kennedy.

One thing that will help me feel better....or worse.... if this is what comes down the pipe, is WHO HE CHOOSES FOR HIS RUNNING MATE.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:54 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I believe the campaign is lacking in some way. People say they will vote for Obama, for example, but that there is something wrong with his candidacy. You will vote for the Democrat because you are a Democrat. A true blue Democrat is certainly not going to jump ship and vote for a Republican or Independent.

But, I am getting the message that people are yearning for something. LIke I said in my previous posts, I think most of these Democratic politicians are simply playing politics. This is where my belief in their opportunism comes from.

Which Democratic candidate strikes you as being very honest or charismatic or showing true leadership qualities? It is hard for any of them to portray these characteristics that you are looking for if they are playing the same game as Republicans and beholding to the same people in the process. People like Dean ( remember him from last year? ) and Kucinich come across as fighting men and true Democrats and true Americans. Ditto for Al Gore. Perhaps you are looking for an Al Gore, but are simply settling for second best because that is what is being presented. Sorry for this negative comment and I know some of you think I am being negative. But, I think I am also being honest as well. The candidates are missing something and I am just trying to get to the bottom of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
The candidates are missing something and I am just trying to get to the bottom of this.

I agree that the candidates are all missing something, Just...is it their hollow-sounding promises about how they're for the common American when they're taking tons of money from the special interest groups? It's pretty hard to hide things now from Americans who really want to dig out information about a politician, thanks mostly to the internet. And I for one am glad we have it. It's about the only thing George Bush hasn't been able to control and as such, it's proven to be one of his biggest albatrosses.

I think another one of the reasons we're feeling that we must vote for a Democrat is that throughout far too much of our nation's history, it's taken a Democrat to come in and clean up the mess made by a Repub...and the Democrat who gets to start to clean up Bush's mess has got his/her work cut out for him/her!

We want to feel some hope again. We want to see ourselves as proud to be Americans again. We want to feel proud of the POTUS rather than ashamed of him whenever he goes to another country. We want to hear the POTUS speak and not cringe every time his lips move. We want to see ourselves as being reasonable, thinking citizens who can make a reasonably good choice when deciding who the next leader of our country is going to be. After all, we've looked pretty stupid for the last seven years!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:05 pm 

I am not a Democrat and I believe there are others here who are not Democrats. I, like the people who are Democrats, want to vote for whomever appears to be the best choice among those who are the eventual candidates.

And I have a hard time believing that would be an R.

Third parties are a dream, but voting for them can bring us a nightmare.

This isn't a game. Our lives depend on this!