When I was a kid, my mother would turn on the television and, for about thirty minutes, moan and groan while she did exercises along with Debbie Drake. Debbie was the 60s version of Denise Austin and Jane Fonda. I thought Debbie was very pretty in her modest leotard with the cute little collar. Debbie was also very helpful in making sure women of the 60s knew how to keep their husbands happy! Do any of you remember this:?
How to Keep Your Husband Happy: Look Slim, Keep Trim, and Exercise Along with Debbie Drake
From the back cover of the record:
Checklist for keeping your husband happy:
1. Firm and graceful body.
2. Be at home when he arrives. (If you must work, try to arrange it so you're home first.)
3. Clothes, sexy - for your evenings home.
4. Be interested in him and the things he does.
5. A good conversationalist.
6. A bright smile over morning coffee.
7. Nice voice (keep it soft and musical; also a pretty laugh.)
8. Excess fat (taboo).
9. Well-set hair (brushed and clean).
10. Mentally alert (try reading).
11. Pin-curls (if they are a must, pin up after the lights are out and wear a bed cap.)
12. Perfume - just for him, when he's home.
13. A regular manucure.
14. A weekly pedicure.