It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: McCain: Roe V. Wade Should Be Overturned
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.rawstory.com/showarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fapnews.myway.com%2Farticle%2F20070219%2FD8NCFOO01.html]McCain: Roe V. Wade Should Be Overturned
[/url]

By JIM DAVENPORT

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain, looking to improve his standing with the party's conservative voters, said Sunday the court decision that legalized abortion should be overturned.

"I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned," the Arizona senator told about 800 people in South Carolina, one of the early voting states.

McCain also vowed that if elected, he would appoint judges who "strictly interpret the Constitution of the United States and do not legislate from the bench."

The landmark 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade gave women the right to choose an abortion to terminate a pregnancy. The Supreme Court has narrowly upheld the decision, with the presence of an increasing number of more conservative justices on the court raising the possibility that abortion rights would be limited.

Social conservatives are a critical voting bloc in the GOP presidential primaries.

That "judge" quote from McCain is typical of just another liar who wants to follow the biggest liar of all into the White House. If he doesn't support Roe. v. Wade, how is he NOT going to want to appoint judges who agree with him and remain "faithful" to the conservative base he's trying to court right now? This man is even more dangerous than Bush...if you can believe that.

Religious conservatives don't pay much attention to the Constitution. They prefer their religious guidebooks, such as the Bible.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:02 am 

McCain will say and do anything to be President. And yes, I agree, he is even more dangerous than Bush. Bush is a cheerleader and fund raiser, McCain can think for himself but at this point only thinks of how he can please the rabid right.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a McCain/LIEberman ticket...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:50 am 
Actually--from a Constitutional perspective--McCain is absolutely right on this point. Nowhere in the Constitution does the Fed Govt have any authority to meddle in this type of matter. I'm not saying abortion should be universally outlawed (though I think it should be), just that it should be a State's decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:41 am 

Actually, considering it is a medical procedure, it shouldn't be anyone's opinion other than the woman and her doctor. Therefore, it shouldn't be a matter of being illegal or not. How many other medical decisions are legislated? This one shouldn't be either, not on a federal level OR a state level. And if you don't believe in a person's right to chose, then I suggest you don't get an abortion. (And I hope like hell you don't have daughters.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You're so right , lefty. NO government entity, whether it's federal, state, or local, should have the authority to tell a woman she cannot get an abortion if that is her choice. We have enough problems right now with people not caring for the children they're having. Wonder if sammyjones would like to adopt all those children that would have arrived in the world unwanted if their mothers hadn't had abortions.
:roll:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:01 pm 

lefty wrote:
Actually, considering it is a medical procedure, it shouldn't be anyone's opinion other than the woman and her doctor. Therefore, it shouldn't be a matter of being illegal or not. How many other medical decisions are legislated? This one shouldn't be either, not on a federal level OR a state level. And if you don't believe in a person's right to chose, then I suggest you don't get an abortion. (And I hope like hell you don't have daughters.)

Extremely well put, lefty!

And Catherine, I wonder if sammy would just like to take care of the children who are already here and are neglected and/or abused? How about it sammy? Does that satisfy your own Constitution? Or do you just enjoy other people's suffering?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

NO DOUBT SAMMYJONES WOULD BE IN THE AUDIENCE LISTENING TO ZELL MILLER RANT AND RAVE ABOUT HOW THOSE THAT HAD BEEN ABORTED SINCE ROE V. WADE COULD NOW BE "SERVING" US BY BEING CANNON FODDER.

http://tvnewslies.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7586

:angryfire:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:05 pm 

You've pegged that, Catherine.

Is there some reason Zell rymes with hell? Could we rename him Steven, rymes with heaven? Would it help?

Thread subject: McCain: Roe V. Wade Should Be Overturned

How about illegal practices in elections being overturned?

Wanting women to die is not a good characteristic in anyone, especially anyone in government. And if you don't believe abortion being illegal kills women, you are terribly uninformed...