It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: revolution #9
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I found this in A Proud Liberal's "This day in History" post for Friday Mar. 17.

Quote:
A group calling itself "Revolutionary Force 9" takes credit for three bombings in New York City. The “New York Times” notes a "possible connection to the Beatles song `Revolution 9.'"

I don't know about you but i always wondered about that song- what it was about why it was recorded etc! here's a site with the lyrics and some notes at the end to explain some of the reasons. Whether it was inspired by the Revolutionary Force 9 or not is left for history and JL to answer. Maybe Yoko knows something about it.

http://home.att.net/~chuckayoub/Revolut ... yrics.html

At the bottom is some more notes on hidden lyrics and other lines from this strange piece.

Quote:
John Lennon wrote this with contributions from Yoko Ono.
This was made by layering tape loops over the basic rhythm of "Revolution." Lennon was trying to create an atmosphere of a revolution in progress.
The tape loops came from EMI archives. The "Number 9" voice heard over and over is an engineer testing equipment.
Paul McCartney and Beatles producer George Martin hated this and tried to keep it off the album.
The longest Beatles song. It runs 8:15. It also took longer to complete than any other track on album.
The most controversial track on the album. You have to have a very open mind to appreciate it.
Lennon: "This is the music of the future."
This helped fuel the "Paul is dead" rumors. If played backwards, you were supposed to hear the car crash Paul died in, and a voice saying "Turn me on, dead man."
Marilyn Manson released his own version of this on the B-side of the single for "Get Your Gunn." It was called "Revelation 9" and ran 12:57. (thanks, Brett - Edmonton, Canada)

It really was a mystery piece for me and it was only a few days ago I was telling Ms.DO.g's about the strange tune from the white album. Then to go to APL's post and read that, sent me on a chase to find out more about it. Thanks to APL and some timely reading, a nagging memory is finally answered, or at least a plausible answer has been queried, and the search is on for answers.

That's how we learn things- by chance or by choice, we are sent on a quest to understand. A pilgram's progress explained.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You'll enjoy this, DO.g's:

SAVE BOSTON: A LITTLE GAME BASED ON THE BOSTON BOMB SCARE

BOSTON BOMB SCARE

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman