It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello Everyone!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:11 am 

Hello! My name is Shawn and I'm in Denver CO., USA. 26 years old and confused/lost/angered/disturbed and worried as hell about what's been going on in our world and how much longer we can take it. Some can call me a bleeding heart liberal, unamerican or terrorist, I just don't agree with just about everything that's going on in this war on terror and worry about its long term consequences and the fate of humanity and where we're headed (world wide humanity that is. not just the States, allies and political enemies). I hope to hear and read some good ideas, let me expand mine and gather a collective opinion of those that I hope are somewhat like-minded - that's why I signed up - and deeply concerned about the future of humanity as we know it. Not that it really matters but I don't have any friends my age. There are others at work I go to lunch with and stuff but I need more feedback, more opinions and more ideas to bolster my beliefs or debunk any incorrect notion. Anyway, I'll save the rest of my ideas for posting replies and you'll get to know me well. Thanks. Shawn :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to TV News Lies, shawn! :hello2:

Thanks for registering and I hope to see you in the forums often. We've got some interesting topics within each forum and you should find just about anything that you need to help you discuss things with your lunch buddies in an informed way.

If you have questions, the mods and I will help you in any way we can.

Happy posting!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hello shawnpm. Welcome here. We have stories and songs and quite a little wit too. Most of what we post is deadly serious here and so be prepared to be shocked, angry, enlightened and just plain disgusted with the lies and propaganda that we live with every day. Congrats on fighting through all the fluff. It is a tough battle. Expect to be chastised and ridiculed by friends and family. That's the problem with truths. They affect everyone around you because it makes people question their own belirefs.

Come by often and read . It always helps me to find other information and ideas that lead one in all directions. The most important thing to remember is to have your built in crap detector working so you know when to use it. 1/2 the truth isn't nearly enough, (we say it's still a lie) and when enlightened outrage becomes your guide, you'll know when to use it and who is telling you shit. You will learn to spot deception around you and see the way the establishment has groomed us to think in certain ways. Even when you think you have it figured out that reality is changing and shifting with each new bit of information that comes up. That is where/when your crap detector has to be working.

We can't help but help people to find peace and contentment here. It's our mission. Those that don't seldom find those things worth REALLY fighting for in their bid to become the slag heap of society- the UBER Patriot- who can only see the good and not the bad in what they believe!

If you stick it out here and give us time we can give you tools to use for the rest of your life. People like you are rare and important to the saving of American Democracy. Young and informed, your generation will have to rebuild and suffer through what our many generations put off for centuries- learning to get along with each other before we end up killing each other off! It would be easier if we just accepted being slaves but some of us respect the words freedom liberty and equality to mean exactly what they say. The sooner you get on track the sooner you will be helping. Don't be afraid to write what you feel and say what you will- we are open to new ideas and anything goes- outside of rules of conduct as to name calling etc.

Read the rules and like Catherine said we are here to help you with any questions you have.

Welcome and come back often.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:45 pm 

Welcome to the forums, Shawn, glad to see you! :)

Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

shawnpm wrote:
Some can call me a bleeding heart liberal, unamerican or terrorist, I just don't agree with just about everything that's going on in this war on terror and worry about its long term consequences and the fate of humanity and where we're headed (world wide humanity that is. not just the States, allies and political enemies).

Hi shawn. Welcome. You'll find a lot of good people here who are also very concerned about these same issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:31 pm 

By God!, I think we have a real true "little tree 43" cut down the bush hater on board.. Reminds me of someone...Me... Big Howdy to you Colorado mountain man... Step right to the plate, and dig in.. don't let the umpire call you out on strikes... Swing away...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:20 pm 

Hi Shawn, and welcome.

I come here because I am surrounded by people who actually believe what Faux Noise says. Have to come here to get a reality check--the naysayers want to tell us we are so wrong, unfortunately, we aren't.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if reality were so easy--just listen to Rush Limbaugh and you know what is actually happening? Except, it is people like me Rush is trying to bury.

So I go with Air America, listen to it on the computer. And read what my knowledgable friends here at TVNL have to say, read their links, and fight my way back to the people who are trying to tell me Bush is some kind of god. Somehow having the facts makes talking with them easier, although not any more pleasant.

Good luck. Those of us on this side need it, there is so much propaganda out there for others to believe in. It is that propaganda we are fighting, not the people. We are just trying to be that candle in the window.

Again, welcome, and hope you come back often.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:57 am 

Thanks for the welcoming everyone! As mentioned, I'm looking forward to contributing and participating on this forum...

Shawn