It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CNN Calls Out McCain
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

CNN Calls Out McCain

CNN’s John Roberts refutes John McCain’s idealized presentation of Iraq a day after the senator said the U.S. troop surge was working. McCain tried to claim that the media are stuck in a time warp of three-month-old bad news, but it turns out he was either misinformed, mistaken or lying about the results of the surge in Baghdad.

Hats off to CNN for once! I believe that John McCain is on the same page as Pat Robertson and George Bush in the Book of Real Reality. He's lost it...and is skirting insanity. Does he not realize that he sounds more and more like Bush and Cheney every day?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

That is a quote worth remembering. MacBrain is in deep doggy doo doo.

In the comments I also found this site- the peoples populist party by Steve hammond, the founder and sole member? It's a well written article on our government as well.

Quote:
Comment #61174 by Steve Hammons on 3/29 at 9:19 am

McCain is a “complex” person, to put it nicely. He still feels we lost the Vietnam War by not staying longer, killing more Vietnamese and spending the lives and limbs of more US troops on the effort.

He never admitted the Vietnam War was a mistake in the first place. He is in the same mind-set regarding Iraq.

A particularly foul psychological twist he tries to put on ideas about a redeployment of US troops out of Iraq and about ideas that the invasion of Iraq was in error is that this will hurt our Army and Marine Corps.

Bush-Cheney, the neocons, chicken hawks and warmongers are destroying the Army, the National Guard and Reserve along with the fine men and women of those services as well as Marines.

The article below takes issue with McCain’s statements on this:

“Victory of Courage, Fellowship and Honor”

By Steve Hammons
Columnist, PopulistAmerica.com
Populist Party of America
December 17, 2006

http://www.populistamerica.com/victory_ ... _and_honor

I like what one guy wrote stating- who are these people to speak for the soldiers in Baghdad. Would they rather be in Baghdad with the threat of getting their asses blown off or safe at home with the wife and family? Morale?

Are they speaking of the morale that troops develop when they figure out they're being used as pawns in a rich mans game? I don't think the soldiers in Vietnam were mistaken and angry about morale there or the message coming from there when they were airlifted out of that hell hole.

His 5 years as a POW could be the setting for a Manchurian Candidate story as well. "There are innocent POW’s in Guantanamo who have done as much time after being picked up on the slimmest of evidence".(comment #61195 by vet240)

Mental as anything, his is the role of the hypocrite here as he redefines his identity to fit the moment- whatever it takes to attain the salient view of power. Shall we say--- FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP--- like the clown Repugs?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Last edited by DO.g's on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 9/11 Shit List
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:16 pm 
McCain made my list when he wrote the forward to this book.

How someone can survive the torture in Vietnam that he survived and come out on the back end such a demented animal, it makes you wonder about human nature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
How someone can survive the torture in Vietnam that he survived and come out on the back end such a demented animal, it makes you wonder about human nature.

Could it be possible that McCain didn't suffer as it's been reported he did? :?: I haven't read up much on his Vietnam War experiences, but with what we know NOW about how the government can spin things, especially for Republicans, it wouldn't surprise me at all if some of his war story hasn't been exaggerated.

The Repubs are always first to point the critical finger of "playing for the sympathy vote." Much of John McCain's political success has been because of what supposedly happened to him in Vietnam...otherwise, who knows..he might never have been elected....to any political office.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:12 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Oh Catherine, I think John McCain suffered very much in Vietnam. He eventually capitulated in horribly obscene ways that most, or all of us would under such torture. I could never fault him for that.

Unfortunately, his experience seems to have set him up to capitulate to today's right-wing forces.

He has lost his ability to stand up to the corrupt, insane, reactionary, fascist, theocratic, right-wing of his party.

Oh yeah, that is his party. He can't change parties, so he just bends over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Oh Catherine, I think John McCain suffered very much in Vietnam. He eventually capitulated in horribly obscene ways that most, or all of us would under such torture. I could never fault him for that.

If he suffered so much, then I find his hard-nosed support of the Iraq occupation even more puzzling, particularly since Bush, a man McCain should view as his nemesis, started the whole fiasco using lies and deceit.

Quote:
Unfortunately, his experience seems to have set him up to capitulate to today's right-wing forces.

Yet, he's willing to see American troops in Iraq continue to die for what he believes is a way for him to try to make up for his own failure in Vietnam? If that's true, McCain is even sicker than I originally thought.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Yet, he's willing to see American troops in Iraq continue to die for what he believes is a way for him to try to make up for his own failure in Vietnam? If that's true, McCain is even sicker than I originally thought.

Yes, he is apparently very sick. It seems that McCain suffers from permanent Stockholm syndrome. He just traded a room in the Hanoi Hilton for a membership in the GOP, where he is a willing hostage.