It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: REHOMING?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You all probably know people who adopt dogs and/or cats, have a child, and then want to get rid of the animal. :roll: My sister sent this to me this morning via email...don't know the source. How would this fly with the general public??

Pets are no more disposable than we are!!

After three long years of being on a waiting list for a dog, we have been notified by the breed rescue that our number has come up and... WE ARE HAVING A NEW ADDITON, OUR 8 WEEKS PUPPY!!
We must get rid of our children ASAP because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children.

Since our little puppy will be arriving Tuesday we must place the children up for adoption this weekend!

They are described as:
Male Toodler --His name is Johnny, Caucasian (English/German mix), light blonde hair, green eyes. Three years old. Great disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperment tested. Does have a problem with peeing directly into the toilet. He has had the chicken pox and is current on all his shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Johnny is not a feineky and is very clean, house trained and gets along with others. Does not run in the house and with a little training he should be able to read soon.

One female todlder--Her name is Lexie, Caucasian(English/German mix), white blonde hair, green eyes, quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperment tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots still has her tonsils, is very healthy and can be affectionate. Gets along with other little girls but does not like to share her toys and therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her housetraining. Shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them. That is why we contacted a rescue group. We simply can no longer keep them. Also we are afraid they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a RARE situation and we have a real emergency here! They must be placed into your rescue by Sunday night at the latest or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

That is so true, Catherine. Since I was a very young child, I have loved my animals nearly as much as I have my family. I used to think I was strange to put animals on an equal plane with humans. In fact, I was told many times by grownups that I was foolish for such thoughts. But now it has been confirmed that our pets display all of the same emotions, and many of the thoughts, as do we humans. These days, many people are discovering this phenomena, and I now feel that my initial instinct about animals was correct.

This is my favorite cat, Mikey. He is the most intelligent cat I've ever seen. Here he is playing table vulture. Me and Mikey are best buddies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
That is so true, Catherine. Since I was a very young child, I have loved my animals nearly as much as I have my family.

Ditto, shoe. In fact, animals ask for far less than humans do when it comes to friendship and loyalty. And they give so much back in return.

My four cats are wonderful, each with his or her unique personality. I have tons of photos of them all, but I don't know how to bring them into this thread. :?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:47 am 

I agree with you both, shoe and Catherine. Fortunately, my parents loved their animals as much as their children and taught me at an early age how to treat pets.

Heck, they loved their chickens when they had them too.

I do wish I could have a dog yet--just love my dogs. But seven cats are pretty good company.

I love that email Catherine, but I can see many people who would be really ticked off if they were to receive it. So many people can't tell the difference between animals and door knobs.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:40 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:

My four cats are wonderful, each with his or her unique personality. I have tons of photos of them all, but I don't know how to bring them into this thread. :?

I found a great website called Photobucket. You just download photos from your hard drive to the website, and it give a web address to each.

http://photobucket.com/