It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BUSH ALMOST BLOWS HIMSELF UP!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Plug it in, fire it up, Mr. President

Credit Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally with saving the leader of the free world from self-immolation. :roll:

Mulally told journalists at the New York auto show that he intervened to prevent President Bush from plugging an electrical cord into the hydrogen tank of Ford's hydrogen-electric plug-in hybrid at the White House last week. Ford wanted to give the Commander-in-Chief an actual demonstration of the innovative vehicle, so the automaker arranged for an electrical outlet to be installed on the South Lawn and ran a charging cord to the hybrid. However, as Mulally followed Bush out to the car, he noticed someone had left the cord lying at the rear of the vehicle, near the fuel tank.

"I just thought, 'Oh my goodness!' So, I started walking faster, and the President walked faster and he got to the cord before I did. I violated all the protocols. I touched the President. I grabbed his arm and I moved him up to the front," Mulally said. "I wanted the president to make sure he plugged into the electricity, not into the hydrogen This is all off the record, right?"

Isn't that just a perfect example of Bush's adolsescent mentality? A person with Bush walks fast, Bush walks faster...gotta win that race, no matter what kind of prize is at the end of it! :laughing6: :blob6: :blob6: :iroc:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:38 pm 
Well, he really lost an opportunity to "learn something."

:sign3:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:24 pm 
Hey, guys, this story was a "joke," a lame joke, a lame joke from a lame CEO about a lame President -- as disclosed by Keith Olbermann on Countdown. Turns out KO's research team was the only one that bothered to check the video for themselves; the rest of us just "assumed" that W was an idiot -- and that the Detroit News had checked the story . . .

Scroll Down to "Bush’s hybrid mishap" for the video

Quote:
Bush's hybrid mishap

April 9: Alan Mulally, Ford Motor company's CEO, told the Detroit News that he pretty much saved the President from plugging a live electrical plug into the wrong outlet of Ford's hybrid car. "Countdown" has the details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well...we did put it in the Believe It or Not forum, GR! :P

Everyone can decide for themselves if it's a "joke" or something that W did that was almost as stupid as the things he says! It's not so easy to cover up what happens when he opens his lying mouth, though. :twisted:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman