It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How long will your democracy last?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:56 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

When the American Constitution was being signed at the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin remarked that he had often wondered whether the rays of the sun painted in the chair of the president of the convention signified a sunrise or sunset for the new country......

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.”
The average age of the world’s great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence:
from bondage to spiritual faith,
from spiritual faith to great courage,
from courage to liberty,
from liberty to abundance,
from abundance to selfishness,
from selfishness to complacency,
from complacency to apathy,
from apathy to dependency,
from dependency back to bondage.
Alexander Tyler 1747-1813

Posted by: Bruce Campbell at February 20, 2007 5:06 AM
http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/006516.php

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:39 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

"from dependency back to bondage."

Yes, which means - bondage / dictatorship.

"A Democracy will always end in dictatorship." I believe it was Lord (Someone) of England who said that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This article goes back a couple of years, but taken within the context of the Bush administration's activities/scandals since it was written, it might help us to see the forest as well as the trees:

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO504B.html

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:41 am 
DE-MOCK-RACY to the end. It stopped breathing and Ive lost the pulse. Soon we pay for our freedoms again. With failure to recognize treachery we will get harvested and tossed aside, We let them do it. It just pisses me off that those of us who never fell for this deceit like me for example from childhood I saw it. WHY, And always I questioned everything only to be told " You ask to many questions" I started reading the Constitution in the 5th grade. Im 48 now. Why do some of us see it so clear while others call us Complete idiots. We will get tortured 10 fold worse than the walking dumbed down will. 300 million people can't even see the light of day. And we wiser folks get the same punishment as them. incredible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Cause they don't want to see it. They are like children who think it will just go away like bad weather. Some people work so hard, they don't have time to slow down and dig through what is going on. I can't begin to guess how many of these people are tied down with debt and are thus enslaved under the system. (Debt / Interest Slaves). There is a certain percentage, who are afraid to say anything. People don't think about the GovernMint and the Federal Reserve. They haven't figured out that checks from the Fed, are via private hands. Like say the Fed pays the Troops or FEMA, then that makes them Federal Reserve Troops or Federal Reserve FEMA. This is so because the Fed-Researve is in private hands.

SI--