It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Accurate Reporting? A misnomer perhaps?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:43 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

If I see it happen it is accurate, all else=somebody's interpretation and oh such a gap! A respected source claimed the war with Iran would begin on Good Friday. I honestly do not believe the concept of accurate reporting and label it a misnomer. Someone always has something to gain by the report, be it fame, fortune or propaganda, it all boils down to inaccurate reporting by anyone but what I see. I know I am a terrorist because I am treated like one every time I go to a county office for something, be it license or gun registration or if I am real daring take a flight somewhere, then I know I am a terrorist! There is a law called the self fulfilling prophesy and as a former educator I have seen the results of such profiling in the class room. Students were sent to me with teacher predictions of foreboding and poor academics. I never found that to be the case and I assumed from the get go that I had a blank slate to work with and I was NEVER let down. People do what they are expected of by others. That is why our prisons are full to capacity. One prison bit brands a person forever. I was a Corrections Offier too. So, society expects us all to be terrorists and when they are confronted with one they are aghast. We are truly in the Orwellian world of 1984 when good is bad and bad is good and all the rest that goes along with it. Good luck!

Post subject: Friday, March 30th, 2007
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:56 am 

Democracy Now!

Understanding How Good People Turn Evil: Renowned Psychologist Philip Zimbardo On his Landmark Stanford Prison Experiment, Abu Ghraib and More

From the Friday, March 30th, 2007 edition of Democracy Now! Good program, worth watching (or reading the transcript.)

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject: Democracy Now Sucks!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:51 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

I stayed with them for a time but soon parted company due to their faulty and irrelevent reporting. The heart of the matter is change and not skirting the issue with frivolity and I found Democracy Now to be frivolous and besides I cut my cable and trashed the Dish Network and refuse to be "dumbed down" anymore by anyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:05 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I gave away my dish and receiver. I dropped the cable. Now my TV is hooked up to an old vhf antenna. The tube spends 95% of the time off. I make CDs of audio shows from the net and play them to my friends (when they are with me) via my car stereo. I like to call them my deprogramming sessions ... Ha! Sometimes I give CDs to friends to take home. Meaning - I often pass out lots of Audio / Video CDs as they are so cheap in bulk.

One guy I know spends hours transferring whole sites to CDs and changing all the links, so they work from the CD. He is grabbing all the sites he can with a site downloader. He always says - "One should do all they can to deprogram the public. It is a slow process and we need more people doing it".

I can't think of one TV show that doesn't have "some sort" of programming propaganda. Most of it is trash from the word go. Who did who last night, who is dating who, Who can catch who for X-amount, Watch swat swat someone, what you are wearing sucks, Your house sucks, get your real news here *Laugh* .. Well, you know .. Garbage the mind with worthless crud and throw in the key words and reminders! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:27 am 

Yes, SI, that is why we are on TVNL. The dumbing down of Americans is the chosen 'education' our media has pursued for years. I fluctuate between being angry with people for believing anything they hear--and remembering people are living in an increasingly stressful world and often feel they can't compete with, well, I guess with life.

All the more reason people who do see 'it' have to speak out any way they can. We have some great people on this site, speaking out in many ways!

I admire every attempt to wake the public up to what is happening to their world and why it is happening.

Post subject: Re: Accurate Reporting? A misnomer perhaps?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:55 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

911bldg7 wrote:
as a former educator

How can one quit educating??

TuT :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:01 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
How can one quit educating??

You don't, imo! :twisted:

At least, I never have. NOR have I ever stopped being a LEARNER...

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman