Post subject: Global warming propoganda
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:34 am 

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4899458831

This link debunks the myth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You're right carey- it's a smooth piece of propaganda. Love the planes flying into buildings. Shall we say----- suggestive?

Money seems to be the theme and using the sun angle was pretty good and somewhat suggestive of another conspiracy theory. Seems that the right is admitting to climate changes for reasons of another theoretical possibility. Typical of cheap-labour conservatives to support this disinformation. It's merely blackmail to be with the traditionalists or start a new direction. You know- "with us or the terrorists" logic.

The key here seems to be that we all agree that something is happening to the weather- whether it's short or long term, something is definitely happening. Nice of the right to acknowledge that the left was right again about this. Seems that without us you people would continue to blindly stumble into ditches.

Reminded me of the cola wars in the 80's and was more like blackmail than a documentary. How stupid were people to fall for that conundrum. I mean, it was all about money and drinking some stupid cola product, and getting hooked on caffeine. We were meant to supply both sides with more money while we compete for who makes the best pop drink? How absurd!!

Funny how it's the Beeb putting out these propaganda films and not Disney or Faux. I guess that would be too obvious - that it's propaganda. Nice you picked the right Post site to put this.

When it comes to believing future concepts I steer away from the destructive ones and adhere more to the ones that leave less garbage behind. I see the earth as more like a pristene energy that needs to be there, in all its beauty, so we can be in touch with that side of ourselves, rather than a cesspool for our wealth acquisition. I'll go with the ecological view rather than the economical necessity argument. Sounds more like "Pascals Wager" than a real choice when you order people to obey your stand. No one on the environmental side is forcing the change. The change is happening all by itself, as people long for a better way of seeing the world develop, both naturally and societally.

People are waking from their slumber induced millenia old disconnect from nature and we will see the new future unfolding whether the weather cooperates or not. It has always been the weather and natural disasters that change things, why expect things to change for humans? Just because we can destroy the nature of life and the life of nature doesn't mean it won't go on, with us or without us. It's always been that way and that will never change either!

That's the kind of thing we like to see from you. Keep up the good postings.

Oh BTW welcome back. We missed you. Who else are we going to yell at. Everyone else chickens out. :wink: Kudo's for returning. 8) 8^)(>:

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome back, carey. You posted in the right forum! 8) Good to see you...I echo all of DO.g's personal comments.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DO.g's wrote:
People are waking from their slumber induced millenia old disconnect from nature and we will see the new future unfolding whether the weather cooperates or not. It has always been the weather and natural disasters that change things, why expect things to change for humans? Just because we can destroy the nature of life and the life of nature doesn't mean it won't go on, with us or without us. It's always been that way and that will never change either!

These comments remind me of something very profound that I read somewhere, years ago. It was to the effect that the idea of mankind destroying the Earth is the height of arrogance. No matter what we do, the Earth will be here for billions of years. No, we won't destroy the Earth, we will only destroy ourselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:57 am 

Quote:

The idea that earth will continue is profound, but as a friend in Texas tells me, when earth can no longer sustain what is living on it, it is the predominant species that ceases to exist. Wiped out forever. Gone, history and all.

I think many of us use the shorthand 'the earth will not exist' as a way of saying 'we will not exist'. And it is arrogant, but excusable.

Most of us cannot imagine the earth without ourself personally, let alone the entire human race. I guess arrogance isn't limited to Rs.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject: "The Great Global Warming Swindle"
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:27 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

I've been looking into this on my blog. It appears that some of what they say has been discredited, but some has been verified even by opposing scientists.

The centuries lag time between temperature changing and CO2 changing is not disputed.

This is an astounding observation, that the general public has no idea exists.

While the CO2 contribution isn't disproved, nor is it accurately quantified by anyone (temperature fluctuates, even when C02 rises), the idea that the earth can warm up for 8 or 10 CENTURIES before raising CO2 levels is quite a shocker.

It presupposes some OTHER force with the capacity for greatly changing the global temperature. This other force must be accounted for in any modelling of the climate.

Has there been adequate treatment of this other force, or is CO2, the boogey man taking the hit for all the world's ills?

I'm still investigating...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A friend of mine told me yesterday that he has been reading a lot about GW
and if everything was corrected right now, it would still take 100 years before things would "start" to turn around. I don't know?

SI--