It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello to all!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:55 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Hello to all!

I'm a French Canadian from Quebec (or a f****** frog like our friends from the ROC (Rest Of Canada) like to call us.) :D

It seems to have on this forum many interesting and quite informed people. My interest here is to better know, learn and understand what the Americans think and do facing politics and the medias in general inside the greatest power on earth. Politics, especially the American foreign politics always have interested me particularly since the events of 9/11 because it influences all the rest of the World.

I found the site of TVNL via the site of Kurt Nimmo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:10 am 

Hi and welcome Ostiedecalisse.

:cheers:

We have started out on opposite sides of an issue, but I hope we will find others in which we agree. You are welcome here no matter what your opinions are as long as you follow the guidelines.

Thank you for posting in the 'welcome' forum. We do love to meet our friends and say 'hello'.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

On edit: I had an uncle who was French Canadian from Quebec. Very nice man he was. Loved to play golf...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:09 am 

It is great to know you Ostiedecalisse. I used to have a great friend who was a quebecian (um, I made that word up).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:19 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Hi dori,

Don't worry, I'm sure we both agree about the thugs who at the present time drives our own countries...
I play golf from time to time but usually often love riding my Cannondale Caad8 bicycle!

Hi Lefty,

I prefer Quebec, quebecer! (pronounced like "New-York, newyorker") 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:55 am 

Quote:
love riding my Cannondale Caad8 bicycle

I know I should be impressed, but know diddly-squat about bicycles. Does it help that I have a friend (female) who is madly in love with her Harley motorcycle? (I know diddly-squat about motorcycles too, but she clues me in...)

Maybe you could tell me about your Cannondale Caad8... It sounds interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:58 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

My Cannondale is the way of satisfying the taste of displacement, the trips, it's the pleasure of seeing, learning and knowing by the sweat of its brow, by the marvellous interaction of muscles, will and thought, it's the real contact with nature, its perfumes, its noises and its picturesque landscapes. I love bicycle because it's a sophisticated and sure machine, the only machine which let intact the childhood dreams. :sunny:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:04 am 

You remind me of a friend I had at another site. He used to ride deep into the forest, loving the feeling of being beneath those towering trees. I used to love to hear his stories...

You are indeed fortunate to be so blessed as to commune with nature. It is the people who have taken their eyes off nature who are doing all the damage in this world today.

You are the person who understands what they are doing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:42 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

I think the damages are the direct results of this political system wanted more and more by the big corporations in many countries i.e. "neoliberalism" and also this nonsense called "overconsumption" and so much people don't feel involved. Some people are blinded by the cupidity. I'm not against the world globalization but the environmental protection, the good use of the resources, the social standards and the human rights should have the priority ahead of commercial deregulation. The responsibility to take care of the respect of these guiding principles of the durable development should be delegated to independent international authorities and shouldn't have to be transferred to WTO dominated by economic interests. But I know, I'm a dreamer…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:09 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Wanted to say Bonjour to you- comment ca va? Je suis un canadien sur la cote gauche. I have always loved and appreciated Quebec's unique nature and the diversity they have given to a staid english viewpoint.

We do love to research and won't stop the inquiry until most people are indignant to the truth or find a new way of observing things and hopefully open their minds to the importance of critical thinking. If this is what you're looking for, then be prepared to be shocked into a different way of gathering information. Trying to look at all sides of an issue is one of our pet peeves, except of course, those who believe the propaganda of the Main Stream Media (MSM). These people we find difficult to tolerate, and are an example of what's wrong with the American psyche. Once you get by the loudmouth, traitorous, deluded American corpitalized neo-conned, you find a great segment of society that believe in the goodness that is inherent in their position as a major world power maintaining a humanists' viewpoint in spite of all their power and greed! People, real people, just like we are.

Welcome, drop by and post often.

You'll have to explain your name- I got the calisse part, tabernac, esti etc. Oesti is the host and the chalise- you're the host of the chalise?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_French_profanity

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:07 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Bonjour DO.g's, ça va très bien!

It's always good to know that there are still open-minded anglo-canadian people that want to talk with us in a friendly way. The dialogue is necessary. Too many English and French people are so divided in this country about both of our constitutional views of Canada I'm sure you are well aware of that. And unfortunately, the medias here too doesn't help much in the understanding of both of our realities.

I believe that it's a very admirable idea to help people to think by themselves. The true democracy must be exerted by people who think and who are well informed. I just begin to wake up myself. Being connected on alternative medias of the French-speaking world (Quebec, France, Belgium etc…) I would like to contribute a small share here in the research of the truth if you want of course. English is not my first language so you should be patient with me.

About my name, you're right, I'm the "host of the chalice" but it's only a swearword and its funny when English people call this name because they swear in French without knowing it! :lol:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01286.html
Btw, what's your nickname means?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:31 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think of us as dogs needing discipline here. But this DO.g's is not your traditional one. He punctuates the very extremes of tolerance and has been known to bite the hand that feeds. I refuse to be gods dogs as we strive to please our masters. I use it as an allegory of those who have been disciplined by lack of imagination. Most people don't like my bark- I guess I expect more honesty and truth from my masters and fellow dogs than they are prone to give- and so I have to treat them like the slaves they have become. I recognize the wiseguy DO.g's and we seem to get along fairly well, despite my high standards of humanity. When a dog can't seperate the masters from the slaves, they all look and sound the same, so one dog is as good as the other. When you DO ".g's", you're at least 1000 times better, and worthy of a grand applause. (A 'G' is english for 1000).

Quote:
I believe that it's a very admirable idea to help people to think by themselves. The true democracy must be exerted by people who think and who are well informed. I just begin to wake up myself. Being connected on alternative medias of the French-speaking world (Quebec, France, Belgium etc…) I would like to contribute a small share here in the research of the truth if you want of course. English is not my first language so you should be patient with me.

As for your english writing, my french is more laughable, and I respect your attempts to fit into our world. I don't envy you, but I respect your courage to step outside your comfort zone and join us. Thank you and never worry about what you write. We are good at interpreting what people are trying to say. We get people who are English, first language, who have no grasp of the english language and we make sense out of them. Damn those regressives. If you can bring news from around the world to us that is what is awesome. Other's worldviews are just as important and necessary!

I find that if there's a word I don't understand, I look it up on google and it helps to understand whatever word is unknown or vaguely understood. Amazing search engine this web thing.

Love your name and turn about on the maudit tete carre. I think I'll call you Oesti. Je me souviens. I lived in Ottawa once upon a time, right next door to Hull.

Merci et bonne postes dans le futur.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.