It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How to derail the corporate news media; something you can do
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:15 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

We often feel hopeless living in the country dominated by a media that serves no purpose but what the government deems is necessary for our welfare. I can not accept this and most of you cannot accept this yet we rant and rave about the media being our worst enemy and it is! About a year ago I cut the cable and trashed the dish and I no longer view commercial television and I am the better for it believe me. I do not subscribe to any newspaper or read any newspaper for obvious reasons. They are all controlled by a few main players. Any publication put out by a corporate enterprise is also avoided. I am doing something and believe me if more of us did the same thing we could derail the medial industry that keeps on lying to us. I know this idea, especially the cutting the cord on TV will not be popular in families with children. Children should be told the truth about the TV liers that visit them every day. This can be an opportunity for educating your children. As a former teacher I can attest to early development of a media concious mind. It works. Derail the media and quit bitchin :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:36 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I know ..

They are paid to "NOT" give any real factual news, especially the truth. Those are the real facts. They are trained news "agents," like FBI "agents" and so on. People need to learn the truth and avoid corporate propaganda news media entirely.

I can't believe the number of people still buying corp-news rags! What a bunch, to say the least.

SI --

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:25 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

For what it's worth; if you want to know which corporations owns what media, here's a quick summary: http://www.projectcensored.org/newsflash/mediamaps.htm

Post subject: Excellent site, I subscribed!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:26 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Thanks so much for the lucid site you gave. All should be aware and this will be a good one for all subscribers to this newsletter! It is no wonder we get lies upon lies upon lies. No wonder everybody grabs with out thinking the products they advertise. It is just amazing how many stupid people there are in America the once great nation? :cry:

Post subject: Newspapers and news media
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:55 am 
Hear Me Roar!

911 - Sir - Os - Cudos on all your posts.

At one time in history every word in newspapers was gospel because it was investigated and then printed.

Same when television started publishing the news.

When things started changing I tried to teach my children to read between the lines and question what was not being said.

I do not subscribe to any of the rags and will not until they start giving me truthful news and the privledge of making up my own mind. I also tell them this - my birds dead and my dog is housebroken, I don't need your rag.

Same thing about buying all the imported goods. I have always boycotted them telling the managers - give me a choice - then I will patrinize your store. Alas my buying power is moot now. Not enough like me. Yet the people wonder why all our industries are leaving our once glorious country to build the junk we see in every store. They still refuse to admit the buyers are the problem. They can't see the forest for the trees. Will they ever realize they sold themselves, their childrens future and their country out?

So very sad - so many people are unable to look beyond the end of the nose on their face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:50 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

"Only a large-scale popular movement toward decentralization and self-help can arrest the present tendency toward statism... A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude. To make them love it is the task assigned, in present-day totalitarian states, to ministries of propaganda, newspaper editors and schoolteachers." -- Aldous Huxley (1894-1963) Author Source: Forward to 'Brave New World', 1932

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:44 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Project censored is a great site! Read their annual Top 25 censored news stories. It's a list carefully drawn up of subjects and stories which are concealed by MSM.

It's incredible the high degree of propaganda and misinformation which one now see in the States. It's very sad. There is hope however as you say by educating people and that is a huge work. It's less worse here because like N. Chomsky already said: "If the media in Canada are more opened, it's partly because there, what the people think doesn't have much importance." We don't have much influence also on the World as a nation.

We have the same problem with the relocations of industries in Asian countries and people like to buy cheap products which have a short time life. There is a strange thing in the public behavior about that here in general: because of the bad reputation that the medias have done about Wal-Mart selling these foreign products and their refusal to their employees to unionized, people tend instead to buy goods in other stores like "Canadian Tire" for example giving them good conscience. But in reality it's the same shit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

They watch the TV and Listen to the radio and both tell them to buy, buy, buy and buy. I agree that most all of it is trash. I could write a list of people here in my area, who live paycheck to paycheck because of constantly buying trash and stuff they don't need, but think they do. Some just can't help it, as they are totally addicted to buying trash. People are the problem, they need to get away from compulsive trash buying.

Everyone should be teaching their kids about propaganda and how the news should be taken with a big grain of salt. Good point!

A couple days a go, a friend told be that he read about those running internet interference and that there are programs that pay propagandist to mislead people. He mentioned that the number of people being paid to do so, has increased by 90% in the last 2 years. Talk about selling out one's Country! He said these people are everywhere. Like they writing web pages, email, getting on/in boards and forums, messengers and etc. In other words, the areas being covered and number of people involved, is growing very rapidly. No big surprise though. I knew it already, but I'm glad he is out there spreading the word.

SI--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:09 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thank you for the link to project censored. I found it interesting. Especially for me were the articles on Paraguay. Primarily because Sun Young Moon owner of the Washington Times and GHWB have massive land holdings and influence in Paraguay. The evolution of political earth fascinates me !!!!!

I also believe few are paying attention to the parallel evolution of our solar system and Sun. At least NASA+ NOAA are semi on top of it. Are you???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

TuT :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:05 am 

Yes, thank you Ostiedecalisse (sorry if I just swore) for the Project Censored site. Great site!!!

Depressing, but good to know...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:59 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

TUTUTKAMEN wrote:
I also believe few are paying attention to the parallel evolution of our solar system and Sun. At least NASA+ NOAA are semi on top of it. Are you????

I believe that the fundamental difference between the solar system and Sun Myung Moon is that our reverend Sun is eternal… Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:36 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."
--- William Casey, Director CIA (Quote from internal staff meeting notes 1981)

Simply because you turn off to main stream media will not assist all the others that do not. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:33 am 

Ostiedecalisse wrote:
I believe that the fundamental difference between the solar system and Sun Myung Moon is that our reverend Sun is eternal… Image

Very apt emoticon!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid