It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:37 pm 

I was reading earlier today that Imus is going to sue CBS for the $40 million remaining in his contract with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:00 am 
Quote:
Where does dori state that white people, as a group, are evil?

Where do I state that I was an overt racist since I was 13 years old?

You guys are so focused on pointing out how everything I've said in this thread is wrong, that you haven’t quite caught on to the fact that most of it is supposed to be wrong. It's called sarcasm...and it’s been interesting to watch the reactions. Nobody (but me) says a word when Dori and Shoeless exchge posts with remarks that are prejudicial toward whites. However, it didn’t take long for me to labeled a racist for simply reposting the same material but with the prejudice toward blacks.....

Quote:
Shoeless: The truth hurts, doesn't it? What's the matter? Is it a surprise to you that rednecks can be very hostile to strangers for no apparent reason, and that hummer driving white people with Bush stickers and yellow ribbons aren't exactly beneficial to our society?

BB: "The truth hurts, doesn't it? What's the matter? Is it a surprise to you that..." black boys will steal from anyone at anytime? And the older they get the more dangerous they become. Driving their pimped out cars with tinted windows, smokin pot, carrying concealed weapons.

Hopefully you don’t like or agree with what I said (I don’t), however, either way, I was being sarcastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:56 am 

BwareBiass wrote:
Quote:

Right here:
BwareBiass wrote:
Either way I became 'sucker-free' at the age of 13. My eyes have been open for most of my life...I stay away from certain bars, restaruants, take the long way home if needed, and as a result all has been smooth...

Be careful, its a jungle out there and you know what you find in the jungle. :lol:

BwareBiass wrote:
You guys are so focused on pointing out how everything I've said in this thread is wrong, that you haven’t quite caught on to the fact that most of it is supposed to be wrong. It's called sarcasm...and it’s been interesting to watch the reactions. Nobody (but me) says a word when Dori and Shoeless exchge posts with remarks that are prejudicial toward whites. However, it didn’t take long for me to labeled a racist for simply reposting the same material but with the prejudice toward blacks.....

You have yet to show where their posts exhibit the blatant racism that yours did.

BwareBiass wrote:
Quote:
Shoeless: The truth hurts, doesn't it? What's the matter? Is it a surprise to you that rednecks can be very hostile to strangers for no apparent reason, and that hummer driving white people with Bush stickers and yellow ribbons aren't exactly beneficial to our society?

BB: "The truth hurts, doesn't it? What's the matter? Is it a surprise to you that..." black boys will steal from anyone at anytime? And the older they get the more dangerous they become. Driving their pimped out cars with tinted windows, smokin pot, carrying concealed weapons.

Hopefully you don’t like or agree with what I said (I don’t), however, either way, I was being sarcastic.

Sarcasm can be in the initial posting if the disavowal comes when you are first called on the racism but defense of posting is not sarcasm it is racism. Your claim of sarcasm is too little, too late. In other words you have been caught and claiming sarcasm at this point is just CS.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:

I want an answer to this question, BwareBias, not one of your usual silly attempts to skirt the issue when you're caught with your pants down....like Don Imus was... who, by the way, is the actual topic of this thread.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:05 am 

BB, something we all have that you don't is that we try to get to know individuals, not just categorize people, as you seem to have done with all of us. If you had taken 5 minutes to read Dori's post with some level of comprehension, you would see that she was trying to make a point that the most evil person she experienced as a young child was WHITE (see this is what some people would call contrary to what was expected, you probably expected her to say BLACk, then you could agree and go on being a bigot and a racist). Instead, Dori was pointing out that people of all colors, races, nationalities, etc are equally capable of being assholes (as you have so clearly illustrated for us here).

Also, Dori is one of the kindest, gentlest and most accepting people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. When you go around and call people names and try to attack them, I suggest in the future you pick a more worthy target. Dori is the farthest thing from racist I can think of and I know she would even help your pathetic ass if you needed it, something I'm not sure I could bring myself to do. So attack Shoeless, or me, or Proud Liberal, but LEAVE DORI ALONE. She never instigates an attack and certainly doesn't deserve you jumping on her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:21 pm 

dori wrote:
When it comes to discrimination, I have been very lucky and unlucky. Most likely, every person has.

I was fortunate to have the first black persons and Jewish persons in my life wonderful people!

The first truly evil person was a very white school teacher who tormented one or two people in every one of her classes while she treated the other students royally. She made life hell, and sent me on an emotional tail spin.

When we moved from the city to a small town, the 'wonderful' country people treated us as outcasts. Again, very white, very bigotted.

I believe in Martin Luther King's idea that we should treat people according to the content of their character. Some people don't have any.

There are many terrific blacks just as there are many terrific _________ (fill in any race, denomination, or any other specific you wish), and there are many poor examples of all of the above. Can't we treat people as individuals, not as stereotypes?

There are many terrific blacks just as there are many terrific _________ (fill in any race, denomination, or any other specific you wish), and there are many poor examples of all of the above. Can't we treat people as individuals, not as stereotypes?

How can you not understand this, BB?

I have no idea what color you are, you seem to be green with envy. But your blanket dismissal of blacks is part of one of the problems of this country.

Thank you to all who have spoken out for the rights of each and every person, no matter what their color, party, religion, or any other factor.

BB, you are here as a guest of this site--why do you believe the right thing for a guest to do is step on the people who are responsible for the site? Yes, you are a registered member--but why do you believe it is 'funny' to insult and berate other members?

If you do not agree with the people here, there are many sites on the web. Certainly you are able to find one where you feel you 'fit'.

I have known too many people who believe it is 'funny' to say and/or do hurtful things to others. I do not admire anything about this attitude. If this is the attitude you relish, you are not a friend of anyone who does not share that attitude.

If you remember nothing else, remember it is the attitude that matters. Not one's color or anything else about him/her.

Attitude!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:53 pm 
Quote:

As "A Proud Liberal" put it....Right Here:
Quote:
The first truly evil person was a very white school teacher who tormented one or two people in every one of her classes while she treated the other students royally. She made life hell, and sent me on an emotional tail spin....we moved from the city to a small town, the 'wonderful' country people treated us as outcasts. Again, very white, very bigoted.... Do you have people driving Hummers in your area? They are here, and they are proud! Wonderful people, and oh, so young and white....

Dori clearly states that a white person was the "FIRST TRULY EVIL PERSON" she met and that sent her on an emotional tail spin. Where does she indicate a recovery? She doesn’t. According to her, it continued each times she moved (small town bigotry, racist Hummer drivers, "so young and white"). She describes the first evil person she met as being white and then describes how similar people have plagued her entire life.

Catherine:
I answered your question. Please answer mine.

BB

P.S. Proud Liberal: From now on I will alert you to be on the look-out for any upcoming satire or sarcasm....although that seems to defeat the purpose.

Post subject: Troll Alert
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:30 pm 

BwareBiass wrote:
Quote:

As "A Proud Liberal" put it....Right Here:
Quote:
The first truly evil person was a very white school teacher who tormented one or two people in every one of her classes while she treated the other students royally. She made life hell, and sent me on an emotional tail spin....we moved from the city to a small town, the 'wonderful' country people treated us as outcasts. Again, very white, very bigoted.... Do you have people driving Hummers in your area? They are here, and they are proud! Wonderful people, and oh, so young and white....

Dori clearly states that a white person was the "FIRST TRULY EVIL PERSON" she met and that sent her on an emotional tail spin. Where does she indicate a recovery? She doesn’t. According to her, it continued each times she moved (small town bigotry, racist Hummer drivers, "so young and white"). She describes the first evil person she met as being white and then describes how similar people have plagued her entire life.

Catherine:
I answered your question. Please answer mine.

BB

Careful everyone!! BB has adopted a new tactic, he shows proof that he has the discernment abilities of a turnip and then demands he be shown ad nausem that he is a racist; something that has been shown with his own words multiple times. These are the actions of a self-deluded racist at best or most likely, a troll wanting to stir the pot, at worst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:37 pm 

BwareBiass wrote:
P.S. Proud Liberal: From now on I will alert you to be on the look-out for any upcoming satire or sarcasm....although that seems to defeat the purpose.

And just what purpose is that; promoting a racist agenda with plausible deniability? I stand by analysis; you engage in CS behavior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Quote:

I want an answer to this question, BwareBias, not one of your usual silly attempts to skirt the issue when you're caught with your pants down....like Don Imus was... who, by the way, is the actual topic of this thread.

As you noted, BwareBias has been outed as a racist. I knew he would before long. I guess his handle, BwareBias, is meant to be ironic.

These right-wing racists always expose themselves, eventually. We've seen this phenomena many times around here. They cannot conceal their hatred of those different than them. Their bigotry is so deeply ingrained that they do not even realize that they are bigots. They feel that their prejudice is not only normal, but justified, and righteous. As such, they do not recognize it as bigotry, and are invariably surprised when others take offense to their heinous attitude. As we have seen, over and over, this sociopathic behavior of right-wing regressives is not limited to racism, but includes chauvinism, class prejudice, homophobia, and religious intolerance. In all cases, the right-wing sociopath is driven to his or her psychosis by fear and/or self loathing. Apparently, the right-wing mind, such as it is, is wired differently than the minds of normal people. If frightened by someone who is different in any way (whether the difference is race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or even political persuasion), they respond to that fear, not by focusing on the individual who has frightened them, but by developing an all encompassing hatred for all people of that particular group.

Of course, many right-wing regressives also show shocking intolerance of groups to which they may belong. For instance, most right-wing women are vehemently against equal rights for women, and fight to take away a woman's right to choose. Poor and middle class right-wing regressives worship the upper class and show great disdain for those in their own economic classes. Likewise, we see a shocking number of homophobes who are closeted gay right-wingers. Once again, this strange behavior seems to indicate that the right-wing mind is abnormal. If the right-winger is anything other than an upper class, heterosexual, white male, he/she tends to develop a deep sense of self loathing, rather than accept who and what they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:21 pm 
Quote:
And just what purpose is that; promoting a racist agenda with plausible deniability? I stand by analysis; you engage in CS behavior.

Good point...it doesn’t matter what I say or how I say it. Your analysis and your conclusions will remain the same. Even if they make no sense at all.

Using sarcasm to describe the time I was mugged when I was 13 was my way of pointing out the prejudice in Dori's post. Why is that so hard to believe? Loud Liberal: If you're so sure that I'm lying about my sarcasm, how do you know I'm not lying about the whole incident? If I'm lying about the whole incident, did I still become a racist at the age of 13? Bottom line: Before you waste any more time calling me a liar, consider the fact that I have no reason to lie. I'm already despised on this board for what I say... and I don’t care. What would a little lie about sarcasm do? Besides make you feel better about your 'analysis'...nothing.

Quote:
I knew he would before long. I guess his handle, BwareBias, is meant to be ironic.
You got me Clueless...LOL. Keep going, I want to see how you conclude that I'm the anti-christ. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You mean you haven't been proving that you're the anti-christ? Oh well an overt racist bigot will have to do for a mental midget like yourself. That's as far up the ladder you could fail up to anyway- rank amateur anti-christ.

Why not Go-Pro like your fatherly anti-christ leaders? You do stoop to authority and expose your ass to all forms of abuse, as it is your mouthpiece. Got gilded kneepads for your bent over position. I'm sure your leaders just aim to please, and you're a willing receptor it seems.

Shall we say "Amen", to BB the loser yet? He is so funny though, hate to see him blow it! :lol: :lol: :lol: disgust

You're not anti-christ- you're anti-intelligence. Oh, and nobody's calling you a liar- we just have to read your posts to discern that. Everything you know is wrong.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25337638/]Imus says racial comment was ‘misunderstood’
Told suspended player was African-American, host said ‘there you go’
[/url]

Months after returning to the radio with a pledge to mend the wounds caused by his comments about a women’s basketball team, Don Imus is once again defending on-air remarks regarding race.

During an on-air conversation Monday about the arrests of suspended Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones, Imus asked, “What color is he?”

Told by sports announcer Warner Wolf that Jones, who used to be nicknamed Pacman, is “African-American,” Imus responded: “There you go. Now we know.”

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman