It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:22 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Hi Everybody,

I decided to join this forum after I saw a disturbing documentary on a Dutch Public TV program. I was crying for days- it may sound like I am being naive but this was a shocker.

I never really been political and not sure how to proceed but one thing is for certain. I am definitely not getting all the facts from the media. So I decided to join this site.

I forget is there something else I am supposed to add here. I read the instructions but now I forgot.

So anyway, I am here in New York City and just wanted to say hi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:36 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hi jelly dance.

Welcome to the site. We believe the MSM is the # 1 threat to our country. The press has to be the of truth and not the method of dissemination of official "State sanctioned" propaganda.

Out of curiosity, can you give us a URL for the site that you watched from Holland? We're interested in the things that become people's testimonials to discovering the truth. Some of the things we've seen on this site makes our eyes bug out with how vile and evil our leaders can be.

Welcome and post often.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:41 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

I do not want to offend anybody by posting it here- let me just make it clear. I know this is quite controversial and very touchy. It appears to have quite a valid argument- convincing and compelling and deeply disturbing.

I only intend to make people aware. You can delete it if you feel it is too dangerous to post or find it offensive:

http://www.vpro.nl/programma/tegenlicht ... /34338524/

(to watch click on ‘Video’ that is on the right side of the screen then select your bandwith- defaults are set at broadband. Click on the ‘Opslaan’ button. Your media player appears with the video. To expand the size of the video screen, click on the small tiny box that is just to the bottom right of the video screen. It either reads ‘afspelen’ or ‘formaat’)

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WELCOME, JellyDance...what a catchy name! :D

Thanks for registering and I hope to see you often in the many forums we have here. You don't have to be "political" to feel sadness at the political situations in far too many places throughout the world, up to and including the good old US of A! I'd be interested in the Dutch program you referenced.

How did you find TV News Lies?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:45 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Well, I am not sure. This is my first day.

I am still trying to get over what I saw in the documentary. It was so hurtful- I have not been the same person since.

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:46 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Is this OK? :?

Can I Place it in the Audio/Video Connection?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't see a link to whatever it is you're asking permission to post, JellyDance. If you're referring to your original link, you may post it as a video link in the Audio/Video forum.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:33 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

no, I mean this one. In the first post. Sorry for the confusion.

http://www.vpro.nl/programma/tegenlicht ... /34338524/

I just want to make clear that I have plenty of Jewish friends and they are great people. To put them in one category as "Jews" is unfair and demeaning. So I really don't like some of the threads people have placed about the so-called "Jews".

What this documentary is about a lobby that is, according to the interviewees, controlling Congress and the rest of the government to meet their needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:04 pm 

JellyDance wrote:
I just want to make clear that I have plenty of Jewish friends and they are great people. To put them in one category as "Jews" is unfair and demeaning. So I really don't like some of the threads people have placed about the so-called "Jews".

What this documentary is about a lobby that is, according to the interviewees, controlling Congress and the rest of the government to meet their needs.

JD-
Having watched the video I have a couple of comments:

Jewish is not the same as Israeli. Being Jewish goes beyond one's religion but does not extend to the point of being a "race." It is the accumulation of attitudes and beliefs that make up a culture or an individual. I know many who consider themselves Jewish but have never attended a Jewish service. Converting to the Jewish religion does no make one Jewish merely a Jew. No matter how strong his beliefs, Sammy Davis, Jr. remained an African American Jew but not Jewish until he died.

Internal to Israel there is an extreme division in beliefs; there is a peace movement there that is much more vocal and active than the one here in States. The right wing uses Israel and the Israeli lobby to further their twisted view of the world. What makes this particularly frightening is the Rapture Movement that needs Israel to bring about their view of Armageddon and disdain anything Muslim.

Until there is election-financing reform, the lobbyists will have too much control of Congress and American politicians in general. This is true of all the lobbyists not just the Israeli.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:17 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

:D

The lukud party right? I just read about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:24 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Let me clarify too. That people lump together all persons who are Jewish or Jew all together. I think that is unfair because there are various types of Jews. And to 'blame' Jews does disservice to everyone else in this country- that what I was trying to get at.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:44 am 

JD, many people never think beyond the end of their noses. Those are the people who lump others together in groups because they don't care enough to see others as individuals.

People who actually think do not do this. Every person is an individual, and should be treated and thought of as such.

I was fortunate to know wonderful Jewish persons before I ever heard anything about 'Jews' or 'Jewish people'. I know how wonderfully friendly, helpful and caring my friends have been.

As has been said, the government in Isreal does things many Jewish persons do not want them to do, just as the United States government does many things many Americans do not want them to do. Thankfully, many people around the world can tell the difference between the United States government and it's people. I would hope we can do as much for Jewish people.

Welcome to the board, JellyDance.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:07 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Oh my! I've been sucking up so much information this week!!! Man, the rabbit goes really far (from the matrix)! This some scary stuff. Before I watched the documentary I would have thought all of you guys were loonie toons! Boy, was I really wrong!

Man, I hope this thing cracks wide open before the next election.
:|